    employing sites more, are getting more effective at getting around the
    built-in pop-up blocker, or what?

    Any recommended extensions to improve FF's pop-up blocking?

    Trevor Smithson, Aug 29, 2009

  2. Trevor Smithson

    johnn Guest

    On Sat, 29 Aug 2009 14:16:13 -0500, Trevor Smithson <>informed me that

    >I've noticed over the couple months or so that I've been getting more
    >popus when using Firefox. Not a big surge or anything but a definite
    >uptick. Anyone else noticed this? If so do you think sites are
    >employing sites more, are getting more effective at getting around the
    >built-in pop-up blocker, or what?
    >
    >Any recommended extensions to improve FF's pop-up blocking?

    Can't speak for other people, obviously.
    I have not noticed any increas - as a matter of fact, I don't get any pop-ups.
    Every so often, though, there's a message at the top of the page telling me that Firefox has
    prrevented a pop-up - I jusy say "thank you" and ignore that message.

    _________________________
    John
    _________________________

    "God is dead"
    -- Nietzsche (1844-1900)
    "Nietzsche is dead"
    -- God

    johnn, Aug 29, 2009

  3. Trevor Smithson

    Jim Lahue Guest

    Trevor Smithson wrote:
    > I've noticed over the couple months or so that I've been getting more
    > popus when using Firefox. Not a big surge or anything but a definite
    > uptick. Anyone else noticed this? If so do you think sites are
    > employing sites more, are getting more effective at getting around the
    > built-in pop-up blocker, or what?
    >
    > Any recommended extensions to improve FF's pop-up blocking?

    I used NoScript and AdBlock Plus (FF 3.013) -- I never get pop-up
    windows with that combination.

    Jim Lahue

    Jim Lahue, Aug 30, 2009
  4. On Sat, 29 Aug 2009 15:46:30 -0800, Jim Lahue
    <_SPAM.com> wrote:

    >Trevor Smithson wrote:
    >> I've noticed over the couple months or so that I've been getting more
    >> popus when using Firefox. Not a big surge or anything but a definite
    >> uptick. Anyone else noticed this? If so do you think sites are
    >> employing sites more, are getting more effective at getting around the
    >> built-in pop-up blocker, or what?
    >>
    >> Any recommended extensions to improve FF's pop-up blocking?

    >I used NoScript and AdBlock Plus (FF 3.013) -- I never get pop-up
    >windows with that combination.
    >
    >Jim Lahue

    Thanks I use adblack already but will give noscript a go.

    Trevor Smithson, Aug 31, 2009
  5. Trevor Smithson

    nimd4

    Joined:
    Apr 10, 2009
    Messages:
    20
    Location:
    Belgrade, Serbia
    Adblock Plus is always keeping up with the newest version of Firefox... & there's also the Adblock Plus: Element Hiding Helper with a neat subscription site @ easylist.adblockplus.org/

    The 4 that are needed, added from the homepage of that site ("Update automatically"):
    • EasyList (easylist.txt)
    • EasyPrivacy (easyprivacy.txt)
    • Adult/Dating Blocking (fanboy-adblocklist-adult.txt)
    • Rickroll Blacklist (ricklist.txt)
    P.S. From the list above, fanboy.co.nz/ also has a nice Opera filter....

    nimd4, Sep 12, 2009