anyone else find errors in MeasureUp combined 70-292 / 70-296 cd simulations?

Discussion in 'MCSE' started by Beoweolf, Dec 28, 2004.

  1. Beoweolf

    Beoweolf Guest

    The MS press book, Upgrading your certification to Microsoft Windows Server
    2003, is a decent book. But be aware that the MeasureUp Test included on the
    CD has several wrong answers.

    Apparently, no one is responsible for updating the book, nor are you able to
    contact Measure Up, Microsoft for a meaning full response.

    Again, the book itself is OK, I actually got a response from one of the
    authors... But repeated phone calls and E-mails to MS Press and Measure Up
    have been deafening in their silence. Give the price of the book, exam costs
    and the threat from unauthorized sources (brainDumps, included), you would
    think they would Proof the CD better, post corrections to errors and have
    either a phone number or mailbox to accept and deal with the inevitable
    errors.

    I would love to post the errors I have found on the CD, but unfortunately,
    they are protected under EULA...cozy arrangement...huh? They sell you
    mistakes, but you can't even post the evidence because of the agreement.

    The CD covers 70-292 and 70-296, includes an E-book (good), evaluation copy
    of server 2003 (good) ...Measure Up test covering 70-292 and 70-296 (bad). I
    post this only because over the course of 5-6 months no one has made any
    effort to correct the mistakes or acknowledge them. I just got off a 7 stage
    marathon of referrals (MS Press, TechNet, CS) that lead to nowhere.
    Beoweolf, Dec 28, 2004