    service provider with credit card and use SIP software phone
    from PC to make connections to that country or even
    back to UK / other countries?
    7, May 24, 2005

  2. 7

    David Mullen Guest

    On Tue, 24 May 2005 17:33:10 +0000, 7 wrote:

    > Anyone do this yet?
    >
    > Live in UK, sign up with a foreign VoIP
    > service provider with credit card and use SIP software phone
    > from PC to make connections to that country or even
    > back to UK / other countries?

    I am not doing this at the moment, but Living in the UK, I thought to use
    wwww.directcentrex.com. (in France) I already contacted them and they did
    guaranty that that should work out !!
    Did you find something quite interesting ?? in which country ?

    Cheers,
    David Mullen, May 24, 2005

  3. 7

    Tony Hoyle Guest

    7 wrote:
    > Anyone do this yet?
    >
    > Live in UK, sign up with a foreign VoIP
    > service provider with credit card and use SIP software phone
    > from PC to make connections to that country or even
    > back to UK / other countries?

    Yes. I have customer support numbers in the US and have a broadvoice
    account for this.. it also lets me make US phone calls from that
    number. There's also a german support line using sipgate.

    No need to be limited to UK providers... jitter might be an issue in
    some cases though.

    Tony
    Tony Hoyle, May 24, 2005