    bought it, please. Also, does it handle faxes, as that's what I need
    it for the most.
    , Feb 15, 2006

  2. http://www.vadim.co.uk/MRI 1456PCI-S Soft Modem (Smartlink) works for
    me with fax and voice using the SmartLink x64 drivers.

    Dominic Payer, Feb 15, 2006

  3. Larry Hodges Guest

    I'm using an old 3Com OfficeConnect external USB modem with the Microsoft
    on-board drivers. Works great.

    Larry Hodges, Feb 15, 2006
  4. Guest

    Thank you both for replying.

    I think I'll go for the internal one that Dominic finds to work OK.

    On Wed, 15 Feb 2006 11:49:14 -0000, "Dominic Payer"
    <> wrote:

    >http://www.vadim.co.uk/MRI 1456PCI-S Soft Modem (Smartlink) works for
    >me with fax and voice using the SmartLink x64 drivers.
    >

    ><> wrote in message
    >> If you have would you please tell me which model and from where you
    >> bought it, please. Also, does it handle faxes, as that's what I need
    >> it for the most.

    , Feb 15, 2006
  5. A bit late I realize, but several USR modems have x64 drivers, and Agere
    softmodems do as well (which have MUCH better connect rates from all I've
    seen and heard...you can snag one from trendnet if ya want to find out, like
    $10)
    Don't know much about Smartlinks myself

    =?Utf-8?B?U2Vhd29sZg==?=, Feb 23, 2006