    --

    In the words of the IMMORTAL USED CAR DEALER:
    THERE IS AN ASS FOR EVERY SEAT!

    Howard, Dec 12, 2003

  2. Howard

    Ron Hunter Guest

    Howard wrote:

    > I was playing with the 6490 Kodak at a retail store.
    > The *help (*using the term loosely) did not know and or could not answer if
    > that camera had a lens cap included in the package.
    >
    > Also interested in one WITHOUT the dock
    >
    > I have a dx4900 and quite satisfied with it......HOWEVER the 38/380 ZOOM has
    > my attention.
    >
    > howard

    The US package, at least, is bundled with the dock. I also would rather
    have it without this particular accessory. If I recall correctly, there
    IS a lens cap.

    Ron Hunter, Dec 12, 2003

  3. Howard

    Howard Guest

    Re: anyone at KODAK!!!!!!!??????a few more questions

    thanks......
    here is link to some Las Vegas NIGHTTIME photos
    http://www.photoaccess.com/share/guest.jsp?ID=A6486D37120&cb=PA

    .......will the 6490 do as well?
    how will the full 380 zoom be effected by any tiny shake? Will ISO 800 be
    fast enough? to offset it?

    howard

    Howard, Dec 12, 2003
  4. Howard

    Rudy Garcia Guest

    Re: anyone at KODAK!!!!!!!??????a few more questions

    In article <brbaa8$kv8$>,
    "Howard" <> wrote:

    > thanks......
    > here is link to some Las Vegas NIGHTTIME photos
    > http://www.photoaccess.com/share/guest.jsp?ID=A6486D37120&cb=PA
    >
    > ......will the 6490 do as well?
    > how will the full 380 zoom be effected by any tiny shake? Will ISO 800 be
    > fast enough? to offset it?
    >
    > howard

    The USA (Canada too?) model comes with a dock bundled in. I would have
    much preffered a travel charger instead, oh well.

    It does come with a clever lens cap on a lanyard that clips to the
    outside of the lens barrel.

    Of course the 380 zoom will be affected by camera shake! It doesn't
    have IS afterall. If you want ultimate sharpness, use a tripod or some
    other way to steady the camera.

    --
    Rudy Garcia

    Rudy Garcia, Dec 12, 2003
  5. Howard

    Ron Baird Guest

    Greetings Howard,

    Yes, a lens cap is included with the camera at purchase. Following is a
    list of the items that come with the camera.

    Package contents

    a.. KODAK EASYSHARE DX6490 Zoom Digital Camera and KODAK EASYSHARE Camera
    Dock 6000 (US & Canada Only)
    b.. Audio/video cable
    c.. USB cable
    d.. Neck strap
    e.. Lens cap with tether
    f.. KODAK EASYSHARE Li-Ion Rechargeable Battery
    g.. KODAK EASYSHARE Software CD with interactive software tutorial
    h.. Welcome kit and user's guide
    i.. Custom camera insert for KODAK EASYSHARE 6000 Series Camera and
    Printer Docks
    You can review additional information about the camera and the specs on it
    by going to the following web location and choosing the link to Specs

    http://www.kodak.com/go/dx6490

    If you have any additional questions, Howard, I am usually around and am
    glad to help.

    Ron Baird
    Eastman Kodak Company

    Ron Baird, Dec 16, 2003
  6. Howard

    Ron Baird Guest

    Re: anyone at KODAK!!!!!!!??????a few more questions

    Hello again Howard,

    Howard, you have some great shots there. Must have been a lot of fun. I do
    believe it will. I think you are going to be impressed with similar images
    from the DX6490. Let me know if you get some good shots you might want to
    share.

    Happy Holidays,

    Ron Baird
    Eastman Kodak Company