    word tells me that tahoma is missing. Another program tells me the
    system font is missing.

    Help!

    nick, Aug 4, 2005

  2. nick

    AD. Guest

    On Thu, 04 Aug 2005 15:28:20 -0700, nick wrote:

    > My win2k computer rebooted this morning, i think I must have bumped
    > something.
    >
    > Now the screen looks like this:
    >
    > http://www.rout.co.nz/screenshot_w2k_damaged.jpg

    Whoa, NT 3.51 flashbacks with the font ;)

    > Fonts and maybe otherstuff like the scrollbars are screwed. starting word
    > tells me that tahoma is missing. Another program tells me the system font
    > is missing.
    >
    > Help!

    Is tahoma actually in your fonts directory?

    --
    Cheers
    Anton

    AD., Aug 4, 2005

  3. nick

    nick Guest

    yes tahoma is in there, all the fonts are still there, and according to
    the system are installed (because if i try and reinstall them it tells
    me I have to uninstall them first!)

    nick, Aug 4, 2005
  4. nick

    J.wilson Guest

    "nick" <> wrote in message
    > My win2k computer rebooted this morning, i think I must have bumped
    > something.
    >
    > Now the screen looks like this:
    >
    > http://www.rout.co.nz/screenshot_w2k_damaged.jpg
    >
    > Fonts and maybe otherstuff like the scrollbars are screwed. starting
    > word tells me that tahoma is missing. Another program tells me the
    > system font is missing.
    >
    > Help!

    Try F8 on bootup and 'last known good configuration'?

    J.wilson, Aug 5, 2005
  5. nick

    nick Guest

    J.wilson wrote:
    > "nick" <> wrote in message
    > > My win2k computer rebooted this morning, i think I must have bumped
    > > something.
    > >
    > > Now the screen looks like this:
    > >
    > > http://www.rout.co.nz/screenshot_w2k_damaged.jpg
    > >
    > > Fonts and maybe otherstuff like the scrollbars are screwed. starting
    > > word tells me that tahoma is missing. Another program tells me the
    > > system font is missing.
    > >
    > > Help!

    > Try F8 on bootup and 'last known good configuration'?

    Doesn't seem to change anything i am afraid.

    Thanks for the suggestion though.

    I have done a "logged" bootup - now where do I find the log file?

    nick, Aug 5, 2005
  6. In article <>,
    "nick" <> wrote:

    >My win2k computer rebooted this morning, i think I must have bumped
    >something.
    >
    >Now the screen looks like this:
    >
    >http://www.rout.co.nz/screenshot_w2k_damaged.jpg
    >
    >Fonts and maybe otherstuff like the scrollbars are screwed. starting
    >word tells me that tahoma is missing. Another program tells me the
    >system font is missing.

    Am I right in guessing that all the widgets that are misbehaving depend
    on special fonts for their graphics?

    In other words, all your problems are font-related?

    Lawrence D¹Oliveiro, Aug 5, 2005
  7. nick

    nick Guest

    Lawrence:

    I don't know, as far as I know they are just the standard scrolbar
    arrows, dialog box tick thingies and so on. So I think its deepr than
    fonts.

    I have brought the damn thing home and intend to back up all data then
    reinstall.....everything.

    Damn those programs that hold me to windows at all!

    nick, Aug 5, 2005
  8. In article <>,
    "nick" <> wrote:

    >I don't know, as far as I know they are just the standard scrolbar
    >arrows, dialog box tick thingies and so on. So I think its deepr than
    >fonts.

    I think those graphics are rendered with fonts.

    Lawrence D¹Oliveiro, Aug 6, 2005
  9. nick

    Richard Guest

    nick wrote:
    > Lawrence:
    >
    > I don't know, as far as I know they are just the standard scrolbar
    > arrows, dialog box tick thingies and so on. So I think its deepr than
    > fonts.
    >
    > I have brought the damn thing home and intend to back up all data then
    > reinstall.....everything.
    >
    > Damn those programs that hold me to windows at all!

    Have you tried deleting the fonts directory contents and replacing it from
    another machine or else extracting tahoma and whatever other fonts are stuffed
    from the cab files?

    Can you even view the fonts by doubleclicking on them in the fonts folder?

    Richard, Aug 6, 2005