    update windows now after talking to ms but he can't set up the windows
    defender, and he is the type that really needs such.

    and for the same reason."

    joevan, Mar 4, 2006

  2. joevan wrote:

    > http://www.edirectsoftware.com/product.php?product_id=16135
    >
    > I have suggested that my brother, purchace a home xp disc. This seems
    > a good price but I don't know about their reliability.
    > He was probably messed up when he had trojans and all sorts of garbage
    > for using dsl without virus scan, without firewall or any other
    > protection. I told him to chalk the cost up to education.
    > Some of you may remember me saying that I removed 314 nasties from his
    > machine over a year ago. I suspect that it was then that someone got
    > his information and that is why he has had trouble updating. He can
    > update windows now after talking to ms but he can't set up the windows
    > defender, and he is the type that really needs such.

    I've not used them, but looks pretty dodgy to me. All CDs have "Dell"
    imprinted on them. Then they go into a long dissertation that this is
    legal and here's why ... blah blah blah. Call MS and ask them their
    opinion if this is a legit way to get a copy of Windows.

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Mar 5, 2006

  3. joevan wrote:

    > http://www.edirectsoftware.com/product.php?product_id=16135
    >
    > I have suggested that my brother, purchace a home xp disc. This seems
    > a good price but I don't know about their reliability.
    > He was probably messed up when he had trojans and all sorts of garbage
    > for using dsl without virus scan, without firewall or any other
    > protection. I told him to chalk the cost up to education.
    > Some of you may remember me saying that I removed 314 nasties from his
    > machine over a year ago. I suspect that it was then that someone got
    > his information and that is why he has had trouble updating. He can
    > update windows now after talking to ms but he can't set up the windows
    > defender, and he is the type that really needs such.

    Maybe this'll help?
    http://www.epinions.com/content_218300714628

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Mar 5, 2006
  4. Blinky the Shark, Mar 5, 2006
  5. joevan

    joevan Guest

    On Sun, 05 Mar 2006 02:14:56 -0500, Rôgêr <> wrote:

    >joevan wrote:
    >>
    >> http://www.edirectsoftware.com/product.php?product_id=16135
    >>
    >> I have suggested that my brother, purchace a home xp disc. This seems
    >> a good price but I don't know about their reliability.
    >> He was probably messed up when he had trojans and all sorts of garbage
    >> for using dsl without virus scan, without firewall or any other
    >> protection. I told him to chalk the cost up to education.
    >> Some of you may remember me saying that I removed 314 nasties from his
    >> machine over a year ago. I suspect that it was then that someone got
    >> his information and that is why he has had trouble updating. He can
    >> update windows now after talking to ms but he can't set up the windows
    >> defender, and he is the type that really needs such.

    >Maybe this'll help?
    >http://www.epinions.com/content_218300714628

    Thanks Roger, I thought it sounded too good. I don't want to steer my
    brother in the wrong direction just when he is starting to learn a
    leetle. <g>
    and for the same reason."

    joevan, Mar 5, 2006
  6. joevan

    joevan Guest

    On Sat, 04 Mar 2006 23:15:17 -0800, Blinky the Shark
    <> wrote:

    >joevan wrote:
    >
    >> http://www.edirectsoftware.com/product.php?product_id=16135

    >I have a copy of W2K from this company. No problems with the transaction
    >or the product.

    2K prolly ok but I think they be skipping to less than full xp disks.
    After reading the link that Roger posted I don't think I can recommend
    it to anyone.
    and for the same reason."

    joevan, Mar 5, 2006
  7. joevan

    Toolman Tim Guest

    In news:,
    joevan spewed forth:
    > http://www.edirectsoftware.com/product.php?product_id=16135
    >
    > I have suggested that my brother, purchace a home xp disc. This seems
    > a good price but I don't know about their reliability.
    > He was probably messed up when he had trojans and all sorts of garbage
    > for using dsl without virus scan, without firewall or any other
    > protection. I told him to chalk the cost up to education.
    > Some of you may remember me saying that I removed 314 nasties from his
    > machine over a year ago. I suspect that it was then that someone got
    > his information and that is why he has had trouble updating. He can
    > update windows now after talking to ms but he can't set up the windows
    > defender, and he is the type that really needs such.

    joevan, if you're still looking for a bargain XP Home licence, I know where
    to get a license if you have access to an OEM setup CD. The CD can of course
    be copied from someone. E-mail me at my yahoo.com account tim_n_puppies.

    Toolman Tim, Mar 5, 2006
  8. joevan

    joevan Guest

    On Sun, 5 Mar 2006 08:34:06 -0800, "Toolman Tim"
    <> wrote:

    >In news:,
    >joevan spewed forth:
    >> http://www.edirectsoftware.com/product.php?product_id=16135
    >>
    >> I have suggested that my brother, purchace a home xp disc. This seems
    >> a good price but I don't know about their reliability.
    >> He was probably messed up when he had trojans and all sorts of garbage
    >> for using dsl without virus scan, without firewall or any other
    >> protection. I told him to chalk the cost up to education.
    >> Some of you may remember me saying that I removed 314 nasties from his
    >> machine over a year ago. I suspect that it was then that someone got
    >> his information and that is why he has had trouble updating. He can
    >> update windows now after talking to ms but he can't set up the windows
    >> defender, and he is the type that really needs such.

    >joevan, if you're still looking for a bargain XP Home licence, I know where
    >to get a license if you have access to an OEM setup CD. The CD can of course
    >be copied from someone. E-mail me at my yahoo.com account tim_n_puppies.

    OK, done.
    and for the same reason."

    joevan, Mar 5, 2006
  9. joevan

    Toolman Tim Guest

    In news:,
    joevan spewed forth:
    > On Sun, 5 Mar 2006 08:34:06 -0800, "Toolman Tim"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >> In news:,
    >> joevan spewed forth:
    >>> http://www.edirectsoftware.com/product.php?product_id=16135
    >>>
    >>> I have suggested that my brother, purchace a home xp disc. This
    >>> seems a good price but I don't know about their reliability.
    >>> He was probably messed up when he had trojans and all sorts of
    >>> garbage for using dsl without virus scan, without firewall or any
    >>> other protection. I told him to chalk the cost up to education.
    >>> Some of you may remember me saying that I removed 314 nasties from
    >>> his machine over a year ago. I suspect that it was then that
    >>> someone got his information and that is why he has had trouble
    >>> updating. He can update windows now after talking to ms but he
    >>> can't set up the windows defender, and he is the type that really
    >>> needs such.

    >> joevan, if you're still looking for a bargain XP Home licence, I
    >> know where to get a license if you have access to an OEM setup CD.
    >> The CD can of course be copied from someone. E-mail me at my
    >> yahoo.com account tim_n_puppies. OK, done.

    Hasn't come through yet - you might want to check your typing and try again
    ;)

    Toolman Tim, Mar 5, 2006
  10. joevan

    joevan Guest

    On Sun, 5 Mar 2006 11:37:31 -0800, "Toolman Tim"
    <> wrote:

    >In news:,
    >joevan spewed forth:
    >> On Sun, 5 Mar 2006 08:34:06 -0800, "Toolman Tim"
    >> <> wrote:
    >>
    >>> In news:,
    >>> joevan spewed forth:

    >>> joevan, if you're still looking for a bargain XP Home licence, I
    >>> know where to get a license if you have access to an OEM setup CD.
    >>> The CD can of course be copied from someone. E-mail me at my
    >>> yahoo.com account tim_n_puppies. OK, done.

    >Hasn't come through yet - you might want to check your typing and try again
    >;)

    I sent it from a yahoo account and my joevan alias is not in the from
    line. Look for something from bonius.
    I will do it again I copied and pasted tim_n_puppies. should the
    underscores be removed?
    and for the same reason."

    joevan, Mar 6, 2006
  11. joevan

    Toolman Tim Guest

    In news:,
    joevan spewed forth:
    > On Sun, 5 Mar 2006 11:37:31 -0800, "Toolman Tim"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >> In news:,
    >> joevan spewed forth:

    >> Hasn't come through yet - you might want to check your typing and
    >> try again ;)

    > I sent it from a yahoo account and my joevan alias is not in the from
    > line. Look for something from bonius.
    > I will do it again I copied and pasted tim_n_puppies. should the
    > underscores be removed?

    Nope - I got it. All is done.

    Toolman Tim, Mar 6, 2006
  12. Toolman Tim wrote:
    > In news:,
    > joevan spewed forth:
    >
    >>On Sun, 5 Mar 2006 11:37:31 -0800, "Toolman Tim"
    >><> wrote:
    >>

    >>>In news:,
    >>>joevan spewed forth:

    >>>Hasn't come through yet - you might want to check your typing and
    >>>try again ;)

    >>I sent it from a yahoo account and my joevan alias is not in the from
    >>line. Look for something from bonius.
    >>I will do it again I copied and pasted tim_n_puppies. should the
    >>underscores be removed?

    > Nope - I got it. All is done.

    What kind of puppies? Pink nosed, plushie puppies? Bulge over the brim
    of the Wonder Bra type of puppies? Puppies that stand at attention and
    salute to the sounds of Into the Wild Blue Yonder? Kee-rist, don't be so
    vague and non-descript.

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Mar 7, 2006