Anybody on actix CyberJet 2Mb or 1MB plans

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Jeremy, Jul 17, 2005.

  1. Jeremy

    Jeremy Guest

    Hi Guyz

    Anybody using these plans from actrix, They work on daily caps instead
    of monthly. The caps reset at midnight giving an allowance of 1
    gig/perday on 2Mbps and 700Mb at 1Mbps, when your cap is reached it's
    throttled to 64kbs
    I am seriously thinking about the 2Mbps plan as it gives 30gig month
    effectively,

    SO if anybody has any info on these both good or bad I would be keen
    hear from you, As I have to choose a plan and a provider this week,

    Alternatively does anybody know of any similar or forthcoming plans from
    other isp's coming soon.

    Cheers

    Jeremy
    Jeremy, Jul 17, 2005

  2. On Sun, 17 Jul 2005 22:28:54 +1200, Jeremy wrote:

    > Hi Guyz
    >
    > Anybody using these plans from actrix, They work on daily caps instead
    > of monthly. The caps reset at midnight giving an allowance of 1
    > gig/perday on 2Mbps and 700Mb at 1Mbps, when your cap is reached it's
    > throttled to 64kbs
    > I am seriously thinking about the 2Mbps plan as it gives 30gig month
    > effectively,
    >
    > SO if anybody has any info on these both good or bad I would be keen
    > hear from you, As I have to choose a plan and a provider this week,
    >
    > Alternatively does anybody know of any similar or forthcoming plans from
    > other isp's coming soon.
    >
    > Cheers
    >
    > Jeremy

    They want you to join their tolls though :(
    Watch out they will probably just change the conditions if the hardcore
    leechers join.
    wogers nemesis, Jul 17, 2005

  3. Jeremy

    Jeremy Guest

    > They want you to join their tolls though :(
    > Watch out they will probably just change the conditions if the hardcore
    > leechers join.

    Yes, was aware of that the Commerce commission should Kick "every isp in
    nz's" arse for advertising all there deals ex tolls, it's worse than the
    airlines with the fuel surcharge, and not initially obvious when looking
    at flyers ad's and so on.

    I was thinking of paying the $99 join fee and just staying with them per
    month if adsl plans are still shaking out,

    I think the only alternatives at this moment with decent caps are the
    256k 20gig plans on offer for $59 inc tolls.

    But i would really like the higher speeds,
    Jeremy, Jul 17, 2005
  4. Jeremy

    Richard Guest

    Jeremy wrote:

    >> They want you to join their tolls though :(
    >> Watch out they will probably just change the conditions if the hardcore
    >> leechers join.

    > Yes, was aware of that the Commerce commission should Kick "every isp in
    > nz's" arse for advertising all there deals ex tolls, it's worse than the
    > airlines with the fuel surcharge, and not initially obvious when looking
    > at flyers ad's and so on.
    >
    > I was thinking of paying the $99 join fee and just staying with them per
    > month if adsl plans are still shaking out,
    >
    > I think the only alternatives at this moment with decent caps are the
    > 256k 20gig plans on offer for $59 inc tolls.
    >
    > But i would really like the higher speeds,

    I think that bundling any voice service with data shouldnt be allowed - but all
    the big isps do it.

    I have my tolls and landline with Telstra because it seemed a good idea at the
    time, and telecom were no help when I called about changing back.

    calls I prefix with 0567 to put thru digiplus and my internets with orcon. Only
    make about $10 of landline to mobile calls per month now.
    Richard, Jul 17, 2005
  5. Jeremy

    Dave Taylor Guest

    Jeremy <> wrote in news:dbdbst$4ji$:

    > I am seriously thinking about the 2Mbps plan as it gives 30gig month
    > effectively,

    You can dl 30 gigs a month on dial up if you try hard. what you are buying
    is not gigs but speed.

    --
    Ciao, Dave
    Dave Taylor, Jul 18, 2005
  6. Dave Taylor wrote:
    >>I am seriously thinking about the 2Mbps plan as it gives 30gig month
    >>effectively,

    > You can dl 30 gigs a month on dial up if you try hard. what you are buying
    > is not gigs but speed.

    24GB was the most I have ever managed on dialup... but still, thats not bad.

    --
    http://dave.net.nz <- My personal site.
    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Jul 18, 2005
  7. In article <>,
    "Dave - Dave.net.nz" <> wrote:

    >Dave Taylor wrote:
    >>>I am seriously thinking about the 2Mbps plan as it gives 30gig month
    >>>effectively,

    >> You can dl 30 gigs a month on dial up if you try hard. what you are buying
    >> is not gigs but speed.

    >24GB was the most I have ever managed on dialup... but still, thats not bad.

    I think once in my time on dialup I managed to stay connected
    continuously for about 3 days (mostly over a weekend).
    Lawrence D¹Oliveiro, Jul 20, 2005
  8. Lawrence D¹Oliveiro wrote:
    >>>You can dl 30 gigs a month on dial up if you try hard. what you are buying
    >>>is not gigs but speed.

    >>24GB was the most I have ever managed on dialup... but still, thats not bad.

    > I think once in my time on dialup I managed to stay connected
    > continuously for about 3 days (mostly over a weekend).

    With Xtra, they used to kill your connection within +-20 seconds of
    24hrs, Morenet I could stay online as long as my connection would hold
    up, 17 days was the most, I took a screen shot of their "my account"
    page at the time, it looked rather odd.

    --
    http://dave.net.nz <- My personal site.
    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Jul 20, 2005