    Anybody know what these two viruses are and what they do? I can not find any
    information on them using google or typing them in at McAffee site virus
    search.

    Proteus, Jul 17, 2005

  2. Proteus

    Kevin Reiter Guest

    Proteus wrote:
    > Clam Antivirus scan of MS-WindowsXP system found two nasties:
    > Trojan.Scapur12
    > Virtool.Collector
    > Anybody know what these two viruses are and what they do? I can not find any
    > information on them using google or typing them in at McAffee site virus
    > search.

    For Virtool.Collector:
    http://viruspool.vanderkooij.org/virus.cms?&id=228768

    Trojan.Scapur12 wasn't found anywhere...

    Kevin Reiter, Jul 18, 2005

  3. Proteus

    Proteus Guest

    Proteus, Jul 18, 2005
  4. Proteus

    SJ Guest

    Proteus wrote:
    > Kevin Reiter wrote:
    >
    >>For Virtool.Collector:
    >>http://viruspool.vanderkooij.org/virus.cms?&id=228768

    > How can i figure out what virtool.collector does (how it might have harmed
    > the system, what info it gathers, etc)?

    Try to run it in a sandbox...

    SJ

    SJ, Jul 18, 2005
  5. You can look at startups sites that collect info on all sorts of progams
    that would show up as running after boot in Windows. do a google on windows
    startups. Castlecops.com has a nice collection.

    Patrick Sullivan, Jul 19, 2005