    :/

    regards

    Thing

    thingy, Dec 19, 2007

  2. thingy

    Max Burke Guest

    "thingy" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Mine just sucks at present.
    >
    > Clear seems to be "promising" to do something end of January....
    >
    > :/
    >
    > regards
    >
    > Thing

    No.

    Working fine here within stated specs that I pay for... (8 - 12 Mbits/sec)
    And I'm getting a $20.00 monthly discount because my ISP says it's not
    operating within stated specs

    Found Images

    Max Burke, Dec 19, 2007

  3. thingy

    Sam Guest

    I used to get 4Mbits/sec. now usually get 2Mbits/sec.

    Sam, Dec 20, 2007
  4. thingy

    David Empson Guest

    Max Burke <> wrote:

    > "thingy" <> wrote in message
    > > Mine just sucks at present.
    > >
    > > Clear seems to be "promising" to do something end of January....
    > >
    > > :/
    > >
    > > regards
    > >
    > > Thing

    > No.
    >
    > Working fine here within stated specs that I pay for... (8 - 12 Mbits/sec)
    > And I'm getting a $20.00 monthly discount because my ISP says it's not
    > operating within stated specs

    $20? I'm only getting a $10 discount. Which plan are you on? I'm on the
    20 GB one (cheapest which has 10 Mbps).

    My connection can be a little sluggish at busy times but works well at
    quiet times of day.

    --
    David Empson

    David Empson, Dec 20, 2007
  5. thingy

    Max Burke Guest

    >David Empson wrote:

    >> Max Burke wrote:

    >>> "thingy" <> wrote in message
    >>> Mine just sucks at present.
    >>> Clear seems to be "promising" to do something end of January....

    >> No.
    >> Working fine here within stated specs that I pay for... (8 - 12
    >> Mbits/sec)
    >> And I'm getting a $20.00 monthly discount because my ISP says it's not
    >> operating within stated specs

    > $20? I'm only getting a $10 discount. Which plan are you on? I'm on the
    > 20 GB one (cheapest which has 10 Mbps).

    40GB 10Mb/2Mb Lightspeed...

    The discount size/amount appears to be based on the plan you're on.

    > My connection can be a little sluggish at busy times but works well at
    > quiet times of day.

    I've noticed in the last week that my download speeds, and web surfing seems
    to be consistent and fast no matter what time of day it is, what I'm
    downloading, or what websites I'm going to... Speed tests throughout they
    day seem to be a consistent 8-12Mbits second. (nothing like the promised
    24Mbits promised earlier in the year though)
    I'm thinking they've already fixed the 'problem' I was supposed to be having
    with performance.

    That's a vast improvement over the problems I was having earlier in the year
    where it took the Telstra Clear/Paradise help desk over a week to even
    acknowledge the slow speed problem, and the technician who didn't bring the
    right 'tools' (a laptop to test my connection) on his first call, and his
    supervisor who tried to put me off for another 4 days cause he wanted his
    technician to attend other calls first.

    In the end the slow speed problem I was having was because I had the cable
    modem on a USB2 connection, which the technician discovered straight away
    with his laptop on his second visit, and was fixed by me plugging the cable
    modem into a cheap DSE 10/100/1000Mbit network card.
    USB2 should have been fine but on this computer it seems to limit the cable
    modem to a maximum 2 - 3Mbit maximum download speed.

    Found Images

    Max Burke, Dec 20, 2007