    Rawshooter which I also have. I understand you can also download
    a trial of the full version.

    Denny B

    Denny B, Feb 13, 2007

  2. Denny B

    John Bean Guest

    On Tue, 13 Feb 2007 14:10:03 GMT, Denny B <>
    wrote:
    >Is anybody using Silkpix RAW conversion software

    I've been using it for some time. It's my raw converter of
    choice. Feel free to ask questions ;-)

    --
    John Bean

    John Bean, Feb 13, 2007

  3. Denny B

    Denny B Guest

    John Bean wrote:
    > On Tue, 13 Feb 2007 14:10:03 GMT, Denny B <>
    > wrote:
    >> Is anybody using Silkpix RAW conversion software

    > I've been using it for some time. It's my raw converter of
    > choice. Feel free to ask questions ;-)

    John, thank you for your reply. Are you using the
    full version or the free version? Even though the
    free version is limited and I have only used it once
    with one RAW picture it just seems like it is a "nice"
    program to use with very good results.

    What I have not been able to figure out yet is how you
    save your converted and tweaked file into a selected folder.

    Thanks
    Denny B

    Denny B, Feb 14, 2007
  4. Denny B

    John Bean Guest

    On Wed, 14 Feb 2007 02:24:36 GMT, Denny B <>
    wrote:
    >John, thank you for your reply. Are you using the
    >full version or the free version? Even though the
    >free version is limited and I have only used it once
    >with one RAW picture it just seems like it is a "nice"
    >program to use with very good results.

    I use the full version. I even recently paid to update to
    the current version 3 (I originally bought version 2).
    Silkypix produces the best colour with the least effort, for
    me at least. The user interface is... different... from most
    others but is surprisingly productive once you get over its
    idiosyncrasies.

    >What I have not been able to figure out yet is how you
    >save your converted and tweaked file into a selected folder.

    Oh that's easy, though maybe not entirely intuitive. Look in
    the "Development" menu and choose "Setting for developed
    image". Amongst other things this is where you'll find the
    options for setting the destination folder.

    I don't have the free version to compare but I know a lot of
    options are either missing or disabled - the file type for
    example. But I'm pretty certain the output folder settings
    are the same in both versions.

    --
    John Bean

    John Bean, Feb 14, 2007
  5. Denny B

    Denny B Guest

    John Bean wrote:
    > On Wed, 14 Feb 2007 02:24:36 GMT, Denny B <>
    > wrote:
    >> John, thank you for your reply. Are you using the
    >> full version or the free version? Even though the
    >> free version is limited and I have only used it once
    >> with one RAW picture it just seems like it is a "nice"
    >> program to use with very good results.

    > I use the full version. I even recently paid to update to
    > the current version 3 (I originally bought version 2).
    > Silkypix produces the best colour with the least effort, for
    > me at least. The user interface is... different... from most
    > others but is surprisingly productive once you get over its
    > idiosyncrasies.
    >
    >> What I have not been able to figure out yet is how you
    >> save your converted and tweaked file into a selected folder.

    > Oh that's easy, though maybe not entirely intuitive. Look in
    > the "Development" menu and choose "Setting for developed
    > image". Amongst other things this is where you'll find the
    > options for setting the destination folder.
    >
    > I don't have the free version to compare but I know a lot of
    > options are either missing or disabled - the file type for
    > example. But I'm pretty certain the output folder settings
    > are the same in both versions.

    John, thank you for your help regarding how to save. I have
    now figured that out.
    I do not have any further questions at this time simply because
    I am not yet familiar with this program. I would appreciate if you
    would volunteer any information you feel I should know about the
    program.

    I seem to like the program for its simplicity. I do not want software
    that demands I spend more time processing RAW pictures then actually
    taking pictures.

    Thank you kindly,
    Denny B.

    Denny B, Feb 15, 2007