anybody ever flash bios on fa13 mobo?

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by mightfly riteby, Jan 22, 2004.

  1. got a prollem - hope someone's been dare dun dat and can
    share:

    got the files, got the boot disk, got the files pumped onto
    the boot disk, file properties are "archive" so that's ok

    it's on a windows xp pro carburetor, if that makes a diff on
    the dos command sintaxes

    whine i boot to floppy, "A:\>" and i type the command in the
    screen just gives me a "improper command" error message

    the files are flash625.exe and 615j900.bin

    i did it exactly like the material said, and then tried an
    alternate like this:

    A:\> flash625 615j900.bin

    A:\> flash625 615j900.bin /Py /Sn

    <<she ain't having none of that, sos i tries this:>>

    A:\> flash625 a:\615j900.bin

    A:\> flash625 a:\615j900.bin /Py /Sn

    <<uhhh uhhh, not happinin'- nun of dat>>

    so, i looks really hard at the sledge hammer and thinks, naww
    maybe someone will know

    i'm thinkin it's something way too obvious to see or my
    glasses,,, no, don't wear glasses

    can someone help, please?

    many thank you's for sharing if you kan and do
    mightfly riteby, Jan 22, 2004

  2. "mightfly riteby" <> wrote in message
    > got a prollem - hope someone's been dare dun dat and can
    > share:
    >
    > got the files, got the boot disk, got the files pumped onto
    > the boot disk, file properties are "archive" so that's ok
    >
    > it's on a windows xp pro carburetor, if that makes a diff on
    > the dos command sintaxes
    >
    > whine i boot to floppy, "A:\>" and i type the command in the
    > screen just gives me a "improper command" error message
    >
    > the files are flash625.exe and 615j900.bin
    >
    > i did it exactly like the material said, and then tried an
    > alternate like this:
    >
    > A:\> flash625 615j900.bin
    >
    > A:\> flash625 615j900.bin /Py /Sn
    >
    > <<she ain't having none of that, sos i tries this:>>
    >
    > A:\> flash625 a:\615j900.bin
    >
    > A:\> flash625 a:\615j900.bin /Py /Sn
    >
    > <<uhhh uhhh, not happinin'- nun of dat>>
    >
    > so, i looks really hard at the sledge hammer and thinks, naww
    > maybe someone will know
    >
    > i'm thinkin it's something way too obvious to see or my
    > glasses,,, no, don't wear glasses
    >
    > can someone help, please?
    >
    > many thank you's for sharing if you kan and do

    Try just typing in flash625 at the command prompt and see what happens.
    Prognosticator, Jan 22, 2004

  3. mightfly riteby

    ICee Guest

    mightfly riteby wrote:
    > got a prollem - hope someone's been dare dun dat and can
    > share:
    >
    > got the files, got the boot disk, got the files pumped onto
    > the boot disk, file properties are "archive" so that's ok
    >
    > it's on a windows xp pro carburetor, if that makes a diff on
    > the dos command sintaxes
    >
    > whine i boot to floppy, "A:\>" and i type the command in the
    > screen just gives me a "improper command" error message
    >
    > the files are flash625.exe and 615j900.bin
    >
    > i did it exactly like the material said, and then tried an
    > alternate like this:
    >
    > A:\> flash625 615j900.bin
    >
    > A:\> flash625 615j900.bin /Py /Sn
    >
    > <<she ain't having none of that, sos i tries this:>>
    >
    > A:\> flash625 a:\615j900.bin
    >
    > A:\> flash625 a:\615j900.bin /Py /Sn
    >
    > <<uhhh uhhh, not happinin'- nun of dat>>
    >
    > so, i looks really hard at the sledge hammer and thinks, naww
    > maybe someone will know
    >
    > i'm thinkin it's something way too obvious to see or my
    > glasses,,, no, don't wear glasses
    >
    > can someone help, please?
    >
    > many thank you's for sharing if you kan and do

    Did you copy system files to the floppy?

    Douglas Adams
    ICee, Jan 22, 2004
  4. <snip>

    > Did you copy system files to the floppy?

    He wouldn't have been able to boot up with the floppy in the first instance.

    Prognosticator, Jan 22, 2004
  5. mightfly riteby

    ICee Guest

    Prognosticator wrote:
    > <snip>
    >
    >> Did you copy system files to the floppy?

    > He wouldn't have been able to boot up with the floppy in the first
    > instance.

    Doh! Not thinking here, sorry.

    A:\> flash625 615j900.bin and A:\> flash625 615j900.bin /Py /Sn, both
    should have worked, if they are the correct files.
    ICee, Jan 22, 2004
  6. mightfly riteby

    Billy Guest

    You may want to turn off the BIOS guardian first.
    From the FIC site.
    note:
    If the "unknown flash" error occurs, the "BIOS Guardian" feature should
    be disabled. This feature is supported by the latest FIC 1stMainboards
    which have NOVUS functionality. Older models do not support NOVUS.

    BIOS Guardian is enabled by default on 1stMainboard products that
    support the feature. BIOS Guardian protects the system against computer
    viruses that can attack BIOS while the system is running. Therefore,
    users must disable the BIOS Guardian before reflashing the BIOS. To
    configure BIOS Guardian, reboot the system while holding the "DEL" key
    after power on until the CMOS setup screen appears, go to Advanced BIOS
    Features and select BIOS Guardian option select 'disable' or 'enable'.
    After successfully updating the new BIOS, it is recommended that BIOS
    Guardian is re-enabled for added virus protection.

    Billy, Jan 22, 2004