    Frankly my biggest beef with them is that they usually end up having
    only one good movie, and the other one or two are either ones I already
    own or they are real stinkers I wouldn't spend penny one on!

    Adamm Starkk, Sep 10, 2004

  2. Adamm Starkk

    Krissi B Guest

    Austin Powers - International Man Of Mystery
    Dude Where's My Car
    Kung Pow

    20th Century Fox Triple Pack - Cost £20 in December... thought that was
    value for money!

    Krissi B

    Krissi B, Sep 10, 2004

  3. Adamm Starkk wrote:
    > I tellya I see them all the time yet of the hundreds I have seen I
    > have to date only found two ( Wales&Pale Rider / Animal House&Blues
    > Brothers) worth buying (and even then only because they were
    > discounted off the asking price)!
    >
    > Frankly my biggest beef with them is that they usually end up having
    > only one good movie, and the other one or two are either ones I
    > already own or they are real stinkers I wouldn't spend penny one on!

    Its really a hit and miss affair with those type of packages. There has been
    some good ones like some of the Universal packages as of lately (ie: the
    K-9 three pack). But yeah, some of the packs are duds but sadly they are
    banking on someone buying it just on the basis of the value of getting two
    movies for a pretty good price.

    --
    Brian The Demolition Man Little
    TNAImpact.com Admin

    Brian The Demolition Man Little, Sep 10, 2004
  4. Adamm Starkk

    Video Flyer Guest

    On 9/9/04 10:07 PM, in article ,
    "Krissi B" <chrisbousfield AT tiscali.co.uk> wrote:

    > Austin Powers - International Man Of Mystery
    > Dude Where's My Car
    > Kung Pow
    >
    > 20th Century Fox Triple Pack - Cost £20 in December... thought that was
    > value for money!
    >
    > Krissi B

    Another case of diff'rent strokes, I guess. Personally? I'd have to end up
    MAKING money before I'd take this pack - Austin Powers notwithstanding.

    I've yet to actually find a double or triple pack I thought was worth my
    money. Like the OP said, if there's one film in there that I'd want then the
    other's a real stinker. IMHO, of course.

    :)

    Neal

    Video Flyer, Sep 10, 2004
  5. >I tellya I see them all the time yet of the hundreds I have seen I have
    >to date only found two ( Wales&Pale Rider / Animal House&Blues Brothers)
    >worth buying (and even then only because they were discounted off the
    >asking price)!

    I've bought a few, not counting box sets; Koyaanisqatsi and Powasqaatsi is the
    only one where I definitely wanted both movies in a pack. ( If Wal-Mart would
    have had Super Troopers/Office Space in widescreen, I'd have grabbed that one,
    as well.) I'll usually watch the other movie, and immediately set it aside for
    tradebait.

    What I hate is when a two-pack comes out with one movie I want, and another
    movie I already own. Pi/Requiem For a Dream, Jacob's Ladder/Soul Survivor, and
    Destroying America/The End...

    Robert Morgan, Sep 10, 2004
  6. Adamm Starkk

    Biz Guest

    "Video Flyer" <> wrote in message
    > On 9/9/04 10:07 PM, in article ,
    > "Krissi B" <chrisbousfield AT tiscali.co.uk> wrote:
    >
    > > Austin Powers - International Man Of Mystery
    > > Dude Where's My Car
    > > Kung Pow
    > >
    > > 20th Century Fox Triple Pack - Cost £20 in December... thought that was
    > > value for money!
    > >
    > > Krissi B
    > >

    > Another case of diff'rent strokes, I guess. Personally? I'd have to end up
    > MAKING money before I'd take this pack - Austin Powers notwithstanding.
    >
    > I've yet to actually find a double or triple pack I thought was worth my
    > money. Like the OP said, if there's one film in there that I'd want then

    the
    > other's a real stinker. IMHO, of course.
    >
    > :)
    >
    > Neal
    > --
    > "If morons could fly, it'd be pitch black." - Anonymous

    Back in 98, or 99, there was a 3 pack Tom Cruise action pack

    Top Gun
    Mission Impossible
    Days of Thunder

    not a bad 3 pack IMO.

    Biz, Sep 10, 2004
  7. Adamm Starkk

    Video Flyer Guest

    On 9/10/04 7:40 AM, in article
    , "Robert Morgan"
    <> wrote:

    >> I tellya I see them all the time yet of the hundreds I have seen I have
    >> to date only found two ( Wales&Pale Rider / Animal House&Blues Brothers)
    >> worth buying (and even then only because they were discounted off the
    >> asking price)!

    > Koyaanisqatsi and Powasqaatsi

    Missed this one entirely!

    > Pi/Requiem For a Dream

    ....And forgot about this one. Is it possible I've missed the boat on this
    2-pack? I'll have to check online but the B&Ms around here don't have any
    more of 'em....

    Neal

    Video Flyer, Sep 10, 2004
  8. Adamm Starkk

    PW Guest

    robozz (Robert Morgan) wrote in message news:<>...
    > >I tellya I see them all the time yet of the hundreds I have seen I have
    > >to date only found two ( Wales&Pale Rider / Animal House&Blues Brothers)
    > >worth buying (and even then only because they were discounted off the
    > >asking price)!

    > I've bought a few, not counting box sets; Koyaanisqatsi and Powasqaatsi is the
    > only one where I definitely wanted both movies in a pack. ( If Wal-Mart would
    > have had Super Troopers/Office Space in widescreen, I'd have grabbed that one,
    > as well.) I'll usually watch the other movie, and immediately set it aside for
    > tradebait.
    >
    > What I hate is when a two-pack comes out with one movie I want, and another
    > movie I already own. Pi/Requiem For a Dream, Jacob's Ladder/Soul Survivor, and
    > Destroying America/The End...

    The dumbest one I've seen is Universal's "Chucky Collection".
    It has Child's Play 2 & 3 and Bride Of Chucky, but not the original CP.

    It's due to the fact MGM owns the first one, but why even bother with
    a 3-pack JUST containing the lesser sequels and not the original?

    PW, Sep 10, 2004
  9. ><>

    > (Robert Morgan) wrote in message
    >> >I tellya I see them all the time yet of the hundreds I have seen I have
    >> >to date only found two ( Wales&Pale Rider / Animal House&Blues Brothers)
    >> >worth buying (and even then only because they were discounted off the
    >> >asking price)!

    >> I've bought a few, not counting box sets; Koyaanisqatsi and Powasqaatsi is

    >the
    >> only one where I definitely wanted both movies in a pack. ( If Wal-Mart

    >would
    >> have had Super Troopers/Office Space in widescreen, I'd have grabbed that

    >one,
    >> as well.) I'll usually watch the other movie, and immediately set it aside

    >for
    >> tradebait.
    >>
    >> What I hate is when a two-pack comes out with one movie I want, and another
    >> movie I already own. Pi/Requiem For a Dream, Jacob's Ladder/Soul Survivor,

    >and
    >> Destroying America/The End...

    >The dumbest one I've seen is Universal's "Chucky Collection".
    >It has Child's Play 2 & 3 and Bride Of Chucky, but not the original CP.
    >
    >It's due to the fact MGM owns the first one, but why even bother with
    >a 3-pack JUST containing the lesser sequels and not the original?

    Oh come on, CP1 and 2 are the quality picks from that franchise.

    You don't know about Elijah's giant rasta eyeballs with machine guns...

    StevenMcLennan, Sep 10, 2004
  10. >> Pi/Requiem For a Dream

    > forgot about this one. Is it possible I've missed the boat on this
    >2-pack? I'll have to check online but the B&Ms around here don't have any
    >more of 'em....

    Until a few weeks ago, local b&ms around here still had this one for cheap.
    Looks like deepdiscountdvd.com has it for under $10, a good $5 less than I was
    seeing it sold for.

    Robert Morgan, Sep 11, 2004
  11. Adamm Starkk

    Video Flyer Guest

    On 9/10/04 6:41 PM, in article
    , "Robert Morgan"
    <> wrote:

    >>> Pi/Requiem For a Dream

    >> forgot about this one. Is it possible I've missed the boat on this
    >> 2-pack? I'll have to check online but the B&Ms around here don't have any
    >> more of 'em....

    > Until a few weeks ago, local b&ms around here still had this one for cheap.
    > Looks like deepdiscountdvd.com has it for under $10, a good $5 less than I was
    > seeing it sold for.

    Thanks for the tip!

    Cheers,
    Neal

    Video Flyer, Sep 11, 2004
  12. Adamm Starkk

    Dick Sidbury Guest

    Biz wrote:

    > Back in 98, or 99, there was a 3 pack Tom Cruise action pack
    >
    > Top Gun
    > Mission Impossible
    > Days of Thunder
    >
    > not a bad 3 pack IMO.

    Yeah but as I recall the price was almost the same as the price of the
    three individual disks, not like the price of today's typical 2 or 3 pack.

    dick

    Dick Sidbury, Sep 11, 2004
  13. Adamm Starkk

    Mark Jones Guest

    "Brian The Demolition Man Little" <> wrote in message
    > Its really a hit and miss affair with those type of packages. There has
    > been
    > some good ones like some of the Universal packages as of lately (ie: the
    > K-9 three pack). But yeah, some of the packs are duds but sadly they are
    > banking on someone buying it just on the basis of the value of getting two
    > movies for a pretty good price.

    The main problem is that you may already have one of the DVDs.
    No reason to buy it again.

    Mark Jones, Sep 11, 2004
  14. Adamm Starkk

    Biz Guest

    "Dick Sidbury" <> wrote in message
    > Biz wrote:
    > >
    > > Back in 98, or 99, there was a 3 pack Tom Cruise action pack
    > >
    > > Top Gun
    > > Mission Impossible
    > > Days of Thunder
    > >
    > > not a bad 3 pack IMO.
    > >

    > Yeah but as I recall the price was almost the same as the price of the
    > three individual disks, not like the price of today's typical 2 or 3 pack.
    >
    > dick

    Sorry, I guess I thought this thread was about the quality of the movies in
    the multi-packs, not necessarily about getting it as cheap as possible.
    Sometimes I forget I'm on the Internet..

    Biz, Sep 11, 2004
  15. Adamm Starkk

    Invid Fan Guest

    In article
    <EAs0d.344024$>, Biz
    <> wrote:

    > "Dick Sidbury" <> wrote in message
    > > Biz wrote:
    > > >
    > > > Back in 98, or 99, there was a 3 pack Tom Cruise action pack
    > > >
    > > > Top Gun
    > > > Mission Impossible
    > > > Days of Thunder
    > > >
    > > > not a bad 3 pack IMO.
    > > >

    > > Yeah but as I recall the price was almost the same as the price of the
    > > three individual disks, not like the price of today's typical 2 or 3 pack.
    > >
    > > dick

    > Sorry, I guess I thought this thread was about the quality of the movies in
    > the multi-packs, not necessarily about getting it as cheap as possible.
    > Sometimes I forget I'm on the Internet..

    Well, if the movies were good they wouldn't have to price them so cheap
    to sell them.

    -'Deal/No Deal', CHESS

    Invid Fan, Sep 11, 2004
  16. "Adamm Starkk" <> wrote in message
    > I tellya I see them all the time yet of the hundreds I have seen I

    have
    > to date only found two ( Wales&Pale Rider / Animal House&Blues

    Brothers)
    > worth buying (and even then only because they were discounted off the
    > asking price)!
    >
    > Frankly my biggest beef with them is that they usually end up having
    > only one good movie, and the other one or two are either ones I

    already
    > own or they are real stinkers I wouldn't spend penny one on!

    Of course, most of the grab bag packages contain a reeker which is
    piggybacked into the deal. _The Godfather Part 3_ included in the
    Godfather set is a perfect example of this.

    On the other hand, the recent Universal multi-packs can make purchasers
    of the original issues feel ripped off. The original _Frankenstein_ and
    _Bride of Frankenstein_ had list prices of $35 each. Then, Universal
    re-mastered _Bride of Frankenstein_ and included it, with the original
    _Frankenstein_, some other Frankenstein movies and a whole bunch of
    extra features, for a Wal-mart street price of $14.88. They did the same
    with Dracula and Wolfman. Unbelievable!

    Universal's _Seabiscuit_ bundled with _A Beautiful Mind_ and _ American
    Graffiti_ bundled with _More American Graffiti_ (both priced at $14.99)
    were good deals.

    One-Shot Scot, Sep 11, 2004
  17. Adamm Starkk

    VBV20 Guest

    Ocassionally you'll get a good deal. Try topping this though:

    High Fidelity & The Criterion Rushmore for $20 at a K-Mart two years ago.

    Either it was badly mispriced or they stuck the wrong edition of Rushmore in
    the pack.

    VBV20, Sep 12, 2004
  18. Adamm Starkk

    Video Flyer Guest

    On 9/12/04 3:07 PM, in article ,
    "VBV20" <> wrote:

    > Ocassionally you'll get a good deal. Try topping this though:
    >
    > High Fidelity & The Criterion Rushmore for $20 at a K-Mart two years ago.
    >
    > Either it was badly mispriced or they stuck the wrong edition of Rushmore in
    > the pack.

    Oh, damn. I'd have snapped that one up in a heartbeat. High Fidelity was a
    nice little flick and I LOVE Rushmore. I've got the studio's release but I'd
    love to see the Criterion package - what're the extras like? Bill Murray was
    great in this although the script and Jason Schwartzman's performance are
    the primary reasons I bought the flick...

    Neal

    Video Flyer, Sep 12, 2004