Anybody else having trouble getting a copy of LGWLDtL?

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by tabernacle2002@hotmail.com, Oct 13, 2005.

  1. Guest

    I was all set to buy a DVD copy of Jodie Fosters Creepy Classic
    "Little Girl Who Lives Down the Lane"the very day it came out (October
    4th) but when I went to Walmart to buy it they did not have one copy
    even though it was listed in the computer when they looked it up!

    OK so after thinking that this is just a store screwup I get in my car
    and then go on down the road to Target and again I find no copies of it
    as well.

    So long story short two days later after going to BB and CC and finding
    no copies of it yet again, I try a local music store, that even though
    they charge higher prices than the other stores (on average) usually
    has everything that is out on a DVD and you guessed it boys and girls I
    find yet again Not One Copy is available(but I could Special Order it
    they said) so now I am asking myself is something wrong?

    Is anyone else having the same problem?

    Frankly this is one of my all time favorites (number 4 on my all time
    top ten list) and I am hoping to have it for Halloween!

    , Oct 13, 2005

  2. kaboom Guest

    On Wed, 12 Oct 2005 19:49:14 -0700, Derek Janssen
    <> wrote:

    > wrote:
    >
    >> I was all set to buy a DVD copy of Jodie Fosters Creepy Classic
    >> "Little Girl Who Lives Down the Lane"the very day it came out (October
    >> 4th) but when I went to Walmart to buy it they did not have one copy
    >> even though it was listed in the computer when they looked it up!

    >--Dude...you go to WAL-MART?

    **Depending on the Walmart, you can get some great deals. For
    instance, I was looking for the movie "Smile." Most online sites had
    it for over $20 even the Walmart site. I went to my local Walmart and
    it was $14.44. My Walmart has to compete with Target, Kmart, Best Buy,
    Media Play, Meijer and Circuit City. The Walmart in my little hometown
    in CT, never has deals, there's only a ratty Kmart to compete with.

    kaboomie

    kaboom, Oct 13, 2005

  3. Justin Guest

    wrote on [12 Oct 2005 16:34:15 -0700]:
    > I was all set to buy a DVD copy of Jodie Fosters Creepy Classic
    > "Little Girl Who Lives Down the Lane"the very day it came out (October
    > 4th) but when I went to Walmart to buy it they did not have one copy
    > even though it was listed in the computer when they looked it up!

    Order it online or special order it at a store.

    Justin, Oct 13, 2005
  4. Guest

    Derek Janssen wrote:
    > wrote:
    >
    > > I was all set to buy a DVD copy of Jodie Fosters Creepy Classic
    > > "Little Girl Who Lives Down the Lane"the very day it came out (October
    > > 4th) but when I went to Walmart to buy it they did not have one copy
    > > even though it was listed in the computer when they looked it up!

    > --Dude...you go to WAL-MART?

    Hey what can I say I have no choice if I do not want to end up going
    out of town to buy all my stuff (at $3.00 a gal gas no thanks) or do an
    online purchase (just had a S&H snafu on my last order btw).

    Hell not two years after it moved into my town all that was left was
    the stinking Walmart as even Target stayed away!

    Damn Walmart...worse than Kudzu and the Killer Bees combined!!!

    , Oct 13, 2005
  5. Guest

  6. Justin Guest

    wrote on [12 Oct 2005 17:08:32 -0700]:

    > Derek Janssen wrote:
    >> wrote:
    >>
    >> > I was all set to buy a DVD copy of Jodie Fosters Creepy Classic
    >> > "Little Girl Who Lives Down the Lane"the very day it came out (October
    >> > 4th) but when I went to Walmart to buy it they did not have one copy
    >> > even though it was listed in the computer when they looked it up!

    >> --Dude...you go to WAL-MART?
    >>

    > Hey what can I say I have no choice if I do not want to end up going
    > out of town to buy all my stuff (at $3.00 a gal gas no thanks) or do an
    > online purchase (just had a S&H snafu on my last order btw).

    That's what calling your credit card company is for. DDDVD has free
    shipping anyway

    Justin, Oct 13, 2005
  7. wrote:

    > I was all set to buy a DVD copy of Jodie Fosters Creepy Classic
    > "Little Girl Who Lives Down the Lane"the very day it came out (October
    > 4th) but when I went to Walmart to buy it they did not have one copy
    > even though it was listed in the computer when they looked it up!

    --Dude...you go to WAL-MART?

    http://www.deepdiscountdvd.com/dvd.cfm?itemID=MGD008148

    Derek Janssen (I guess they must sell disks at Wal-Mart, I've heard of
    other people who do that)

    Derek Janssen, Oct 13, 2005
  8. Guest

    Justin wrote:
    > wrote on [12 Oct 2005 17:08:32 -0700]:
    > >

    > > Derek Janssen wrote:

    > >> --Dude...you go to WAL-MART?
    > >>

    > > Hey what can I say I have no choice if I do not want to end up going
    > > out of town to buy all my stuff (at $3.00 a gal gas no thanks) or do an
    > > online purchase (just had a S&H snafu on my last order btw).

    > That's what calling your credit card company is for. DDDVD has free
    > shipping anyway

    Was not a company problem but a post office problem (some P.O. Ahole
    slapped a sticker right over the mailing address), so calling the
    Credit Card Company never entered into it!
    BTW if I were you I would not want to use your CC too much especially
    with all the new changes in the laws coming down the pipeline these
    days, as you could end up in debt up to your eyeballs before you even
    knew it!
    29% rates now the norm + higher minimums + everytime your turn on the
    news you hear about how CCC security ain't worth dog spit, as they are
    wide open for criminals to pull things like identity theft (and then
    the CCC never even tells you about it when they do finally find out)!
    And BTW as well you should know by now that there is no such thing as
    F R E E as in the end you pay for it one way or another!!!

    , Oct 13, 2005
  9. Chris Oxford Guest

    (back on original topic.....)

    I lucked out and found a copy at Best Buy (for $11.99 I believe).....

    I can now toss my very very old Vestron Video VHS into the trash.

    Chris Oxford, Oct 13, 2005
  10. Guest

    Chris Oxford wrote:
    > (back on original topic.....)
    >
    > I lucked out and found a copy at Best Buy (for $11.99 I believe).....
    >
    > I can now toss my very very old Vestron Video VHS into the trash.

    Well glad to hear at least one store had it!

    I kid you not after the 14th store and still not a whiff of a copy I
    took the hint and quit looking and ordered one online as enough is
    enough (now watch it show up on the shelves monday morning).

    BTW how is the picture quality and are there "Extra Features" on the
    disc?

    , Oct 15, 2005
  11. Guest

  12. Chris Oxford Guest

    Hi again:

    Picture quality is great (the best i've ever seen it; still an old low
    budget 70's movie, but it is light years ahead of both my old television
    broadcast copy from TBS mid-90's and the nasty old 80's Vestron Video VHS
    tape);
    The picture is *Anamorphic* Widescreen (1.85:1); the sound is Dolby Digital
    Mono (plain but serviceable, not really any static or hissing, pretty clean
    but a little on the soft side, you'll have to crank up the volume a little
    bit more compared to say, other, more recent movies)

    I don't know if you owned any previous incarnations of the movie or not
    (referring to the American VHS edition or off air broadcasts) but it appears
    to be the slightly extended European version (?); a scene with Mario (after
    finding Ms. Hallet's umbrella) posing and saying "Well, Mary f***in'
    Poppins!," plus an extremely brief nude scene (!!!) that is supposed to be
    Jodie Foster (but I think it's a double) in the scene where she undresses,
    walks over and gets into bed with a fever-stricken Mario. Neither one of
    these extremely brief clips were in any of the versions I have seen previous
    (and they don't really add anything to the movie IMHO, but they don't really
    distract either I guess, whatever). I suppose that was some sort of a
    surprise, though. A different (more *adult*) edition of the movie, still
    with the PG rating on the back no less.

    No extras, unfortunately. No trailer for the movie itself, but a few for
    some other "mystery" themed films (I think I saw one for the fairly recent
    "Secret Window" on there).

    I'm just happy to have the darn movie on DVD. I wasn't really expecting any
    extras anyway (which I suppose lessens my disappointment.....just a
    little...lol)

    Good luck in your search. As a fellow fan of the movie I hope you find it
    soon (and somewhere selling it cheap!).

    Chris Oxford, Oct 15, 2005