    I haven't bestirred to do anything about email spam for a long time, but these
    guys are _really_ starting to get my goat.

    -P.

    Peter Huebner, Mar 2, 2006

  2. Peter Huebner

    JohnO Guest

    Peter Huebner wrote:
    > Theirs is the only spam I get, but boy do they go at it. Looks like some kind
    > of Nigerian Scam, since about the first thing mentioned is 'you need a bank
    > account', they pretend to be swiss when the link in their email points to
    > China.
    > Getting them at up to 2 a day, and been getting them for a month or so now.
    > I haven't bestirred to do anything about email spam for a long time, but these
    > guys are _really_ starting to get my goat.
    >
    > -P.

    > firstname dot lastname at gmail fullstop com

    Yeah, getting them on one of my work accounts despite the spam filter,
    which is doubly annoying!
    JohnO, Mar 2, 2006

  3. Peter Huebner

    Fred Dagg Guest

    On Thu, 2 Mar 2006 23:07:58 +1300, Peter Huebner <>
    exclaimed:

    >Theirs is the only spam I get, but boy do they go at it. Looks like some kind
    >of Nigerian Scam, since about the first thing mentioned is 'you need a bank
    >account', they pretend to be swiss when the link in their email points to
    >China.
    >Getting them at up to 2 a day, and been getting them for a month or so now.
    >I haven't bestirred to do anything about email spam for a long time, but these
    >guys are _really_ starting to get my goat.

    Yup, everyone seems to be getting them.

    They are really agressively spamming. We see between 500-1000 a day
    come in, and we're a reasonably small enterprise.
    Fred Dagg, Mar 2, 2006
  4. Peter Huebner

    Rob J Guest

    In article <>,
    ess says...

    > Theirs is the only spam I get, but boy do they go at it. Looks like some kind
    > of Nigerian Scam, since about the first thing mentioned is 'you need a bank
    > account', they pretend to be swiss when the link in their email points to
    > China.
    > Getting them at up to 2 a day, and been getting them for a month or so now.
    > I haven't bestirred to do anything about email spam for a long time, but these
    > guys are _really_ starting to get my goat.

    Some people at work are getting spammed, they looked like they were
    advertising for personnel.
    Rob J, Mar 3, 2006
  5. In article <>,
    am says...

    > Some people at work are getting spammed, they looked like they were
    > advertising for personnel.

    LOOK LIKE being the operative word. Their spamming habits and the fact that
    they a) give a fals impression by calling their website ecolife-swiss.cn as
    well as b) using different spurious email sender addresses speak volumes to the
    contrary.

    I will try to collect a few and see if I can track these guys down, but I am
    not holding my breath. I don't expect any PR_Chinese web-server outfit to react
    to complaints to start with. But maybe I can find some commonality in the
    distribution pattern of their emails (assuming they are not farming bots, that
    is).

    -P.

    Peter Huebner, Mar 3, 2006