Anybody can tell me whats up here TOTAL SYSTEM FAILURE

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by serge, Jun 12, 2005.

  1. serge

    serge Guest

    Hi

    I'va had a major hardware issues yesterday, which prevent de whole boot
    with my system
    so i started removing all cards and disk
    i left cpu, 1 ddrchip and videocard
    when booting up i gave 1 beep followed by 3 beeps
    that would indicate a memory issue of some sorts
    i tested all my otherchips and they came back the same
    i went a got a new fresh and installed it....no joy still the same beeps

    so i went back full basic
    and tested all parts
    CPU in another PC, and that went running fine so CPU = OK
    PSU i've installed my spare one and no change
    i cannot check the ddr mem, but as i bought a new one i'm confident that
    that is OK
    So i got a new MOBO A7N8X-E, installed it again minimal
    but that doesnt seem to react at all, no beeps, nothing
    checked all settings on the board and set some in the safest config
    possible
    well this booted finaly ;)))))
    it went into the bios. i checked it and confirmed its fine for me now
    so rebooted....and again it did nothing

    well cpu fan and psu and HD are starting up, but no display, or beeps at all
    that leads me too believe that this new mobo is somehow not OK

    any thoughts or confirmations on this for me.....
    it would be greatly appriciated

    serge, Jun 12, 2005

  2. serge

    Bob B Guest

    I have a similar problem although I can't get passed the first post screen
    (unable to get into the BIOS) Mine is probably a MB but I am also
    considering the transformer. I also had the no bleep problem but this was
    sorted by changing the polarity ( or try reversing the small plug) by using
    slightly different connection pins to the internal speaker. Bob

    Bob B, Jun 12, 2005