    Can anyone who's done this offer advice to make it look at good as possible?
    thanks in advance! I'll commence work on this after (hopefully) getting some
    good advice!
    Brian, Apr 12, 2007

  2. Brian

    Desk Rabbit Guest

    Brian wrote:
    > I need to patch some spots in the carpet to remove some small pieces that
    > suffer color loss/discoloration from having drops of bleach fall and set in
    > months ago. The good thing is I have a large piece of the same color we used
    > at the door to snip patches from for replacement.
    >
    > There are about 7 or 8 small areas that need to be patched, ranging in size
    > from a dime to a nickle. I was hoping someone here has done home carpet
    > patching and can offer first hand advice before I go cutting up the carpet
    > in the main room to patch. I have a utility knife and some crazy glue for
    > the job.
    >
    > Can anyone who's done this offer advice to make it look at good as possible?
    > thanks in advance! I'll commence work on this after (hopefully) getting some
    > good advice!

    Google carpet patching

    Loads of advice there
    Desk Rabbit, Apr 12, 2007

  3. On 2007-04-12, in 24hoursupport.helpdesk, Brian waxed eloquently:
    > I need to patch some spots in the carpet to remove some small pieces that
    > suffer color loss/discoloration from having drops of bleach fall and set in
    > months ago. The good thing is I have a large piece of the same color we used
    > at the door to snip patches from for replacement.
    >
    > There are about 7 or 8 small areas that need to be patched, ranging in size
    > from a dime to a nickle. I was hoping someone here has done home carpet
    > patching and can offer first hand advice before I go cutting up the carpet
    > in the main room to patch. I have a utility knife and some crazy glue for
    > the job.
    >
    > Can anyone who's done this offer advice to make it look at good as possible?
    > thanks in advance! I'll commence work on this after (hopefully) getting some
    > good advice!

    Video:

    http://www.diynetwork.com/diy/shows_ttd/episode/0,2046,DIY_14339_26595,
    00.html

    Step-by-step:

    http://www.diynetwork.com/diy/fc_carpets_rugs/article/0,2037,
    DIY_13811_2274977,00.html

    --
    The Old Sourdough
    Preserve Wildlife! Throw a party today!
    The Old Sourdough, Apr 12, 2007
  4. Brian

    Robb Guest

    Brian wrote:
    >I need to patch some spots in the carpet to remove some small pieces that
    >suffer color loss/discoloration from having drops of bleach fall and set in
    >months ago. The good thing is I have a large piece of the same color we used
    >at the door to snip patches from for replacement.
    >
    >There are about 7 or 8 small areas that need to be patched, ranging in size
    >from a dime to a nickle. I was hoping someone here has done home carpet
    >patching and can offer first hand advice before I go cutting up the carpet
    >in the main room to patch. I have a utility knife and some crazy glue for
    >the job.
    >
    >Can anyone who's done this offer advice to make it look at good as possible?
    >thanks in advance! I'll commence work on this after (hopefully) getting some
    >good advice!

    Brian at this point your best bet is probably just to bite the bullet and ask
    her to shave it completely nude. You'll get used to it soon, there's just no
    good reason to be poking at it with crazy gloo and a knife..

    --
    Robb
    Robb, Apr 12, 2007
  5. Brian

    WhzzKdd Guest

    "Robb" <> wrote in message
    > Brian wrote:
    >>I need to patch some spots in the carpet to remove some small pieces that
    >>suffer color loss/discoloration from having drops of bleach fall and set
    >>in
    >>months ago. The good thing is I have a large piece of the same color we
    >>used
    >>at the door to snip patches from for replacement.
    >>
    >>There are about 7 or 8 small areas that need to be patched, ranging in
    >>size
    >>from a dime to a nickle. I was hoping someone here has done home carpet
    >>patching and can offer first hand advice before I go cutting up the carpet
    >>in the main room to patch. I have a utility knife and some crazy glue for
    >>the job.
    >>
    >>Can anyone who's done this offer advice to make it look at good as
    >>possible?
    >>thanks in advance! I'll commence work on this after (hopefully) getting
    >>some
    >>good advice!

    > Brian at this point your best bet is probably just to bite the bullet and
    > ask
    > her to shave it completely nude. You'll get used to it soon, there's just
    > no
    > good reason to be poking at it with crazy gloo and a knife..

    LMAO!! You must spend WAY too much time on the porn sites <g>
    WhzzKdd, Apr 12, 2007
  6. Brian wrote:
    > I need to patch some spots in the carpet to remove some small pieces that
    > suffer color loss/discoloration from having drops of bleach fall and set in
    > months ago. The good thing is I have a large piece of the same color we used
    > at the door to snip patches from for replacement.
    >
    > There are about 7 or 8 small areas that need to be patched, ranging in size
    > from a dime to a nickle. I was hoping someone here has done home carpet
    > patching and can offer first hand advice before I go cutting up the carpet
    > in the main room to patch. I have a utility knife and some crazy glue for
    > the job.
    >
    > Can anyone who's done this offer advice to make it look at good as possible?
    > thanks in advance! I'll commence work on this after (hopefully) getting some
    > good advice!

    This is really a twoo story. My wife-to-be was selling a house so as to
    move in with me. There was a terrible Kool-Aid stain on her very light
    carpet in the dining room. Against my advice, she took out some latex
    paint and painted over the stain. Painted the friggin carpet! I couldn't
    believe it. She sold the house to the second prospect who inspected it.
    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Apr 13, 2007
  7. Brian

    Frosty Guest

    On Wed, 11 Apr 2007 22:06:29 -1000 in 24hoursupport.helpdesk "Brian"
    <>, intended to write something intelligible, but
    instead wrote :

    >I need to patch some spots in the carpet to remove some small pieces that
    >suffer color loss/discoloration from having drops of bleach fall and set in
    >months ago. The good thing is I have a large piece of the same color we used
    >at the door to snip patches from for replacement.
    >
    >There are about 7 or 8 small areas that need to be patched, ranging in size
    >from a dime to a nickle. I was hoping someone here has done home carpet
    >patching and can offer first hand advice before I go cutting up the carpet
    >in the main room to patch. I have a utility knife and some crazy glue for
    >the job.
    >
    >Can anyone who's done this offer advice to make it look at good as possible?
    >thanks in advance! I'll commence work on this after (hopefully) getting some
    >good advice!

    Think throw rugs and furniture.
    Frosty, Apr 13, 2007
  8. Brian

    Robb Guest

    Rôgêr wrote:
    <snip>

    >This is really a twoo story. My wife-to-be was selling a house so as to
    >move in with me. There was a terrible Kool-Aid stain on her very light
    >carpet in the dining room. Against my advice, she took out some latex
    >paint and painted over the stain. Painted the friggin carpet! I couldn't
    >believe it. She sold the house to the second prospect who inspected it.

    Rôgêr your WTB is a certified genius! If you let her go I want her address.

    <g>

    --
    Robb
    Robb, Apr 13, 2007