    anyone has had any luck using anything else

    Thanks

    Henrik
    =?Utf-8?B?SGVucmlr?=, Jul 26, 2005

  2. =?Utf-8?B?SGVucmlr?=

    Ted Guest

    It all depends on the video card.

    > Have any of you been able to hardware calibrate your monitors yet?

    Can you explain what you mean by hardware calibrate.
    The only hardware calibration I know of, is open the monitor
    and adjust the screen width and height if can't be adjusted
    from within windows. Most new monitors don't have the adjustment
    any more, it is all electronics, than using potentiometers.

    Ted, Jul 27, 2005

  3. =?Utf-8?B?SGVucmlr?=

    Rob Stow Guest

    Ted wrote:
    > It all depends on the video card.
    >

    >>Have any of you been able to hardware calibrate your monitors yet?

    > Can you explain what you mean by hardware calibrate.
    > The only hardware calibration I know of, is open the monitor
    > and adjust the screen width and height if can't be adjusted
    > from within windows. Most new monitors don't have the adjustment
    > any more, it is all electronics, than using potentiometers.

    He probably means colour calibration. It is very important for
    people in some industries to know that the colours they see on
    their screen accurately and precisely portray what their printers
    will actually output.

    Rob Stow, Jul 27, 2005
  4. Hi Ted,

    thanks for taking your time to reply, but the question is little beyond your
    answer.
    have a look at this http://www.computer-darkroom.com/home.htm

    this guy has a few articules on the topic

    To cut to the chase, I need my monitors calibrated, so when I edit my
    digital images, I can see on the screen, what they will look like when I have
    them printed, either on my own printers or sending them to a lab (using their
    profile ICC)

    thanks again Ted, I much appreciate you help

    Regards

    Henrik
    =?Utf-8?B?SGVucmlr?=, Jul 28, 2005
  5. Honestly, this is probably over my head as well, but the newer nVidia
    drivers do have a calibration wizard (very neat too). In order to use it
    with consisten results, though, I suspect you want your own profiles as a
    reference (*.icm; *.icc). How you can get those I do not know, but if you
    have a monitor of some quality I would think the manufacturer will be able
    to supply it. And if you are working on several displays wouldn't you want
    profiles specifically tuned to each one???

    Personally, I have no idea of what kind of profile to use, or how to use it
    but that wizard did wonders for my
    MAG 996PF2 a beautyful display out of the box became - well, wondrous. The
    only reference I can rely on is if I take a picture of a known environment,
    but I cannot know if the colors reflect the state of the camera, display or
    printer. Or, indeed, my eyes?

    So, if you have such profiles, that wizard may answer your needs. If not, I
    have just wasted every body's time.

    Regards, Tony. . .

    Tony Sperling, Jul 28, 2005