    keen on shareware for something this important.

    Can anybody help?

    Thanks!!
    =?Utf-8?B?TG9naWtvcw==?=, Dec 3, 2005

  2. =?Utf-8?B?TG9naWtvcw==?=

    Len Mattix Guest

    I have created an image and restored it for my x64 XP installation using
    Ghost 2003. One would think it would continue to to so in later versions.

    FWIW,
    Len

    Len Mattix, Dec 3, 2005

  3. None of the big names work (and I agree about Symantec). But WinImage is
    reported to work in x64. http://www.winimage.com.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Dec 3, 2005
  4. On Sat, 03 Dec 2005 02:19:03 -0000, Logikos
    <> wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > The biggest outstanding issue I have left since my move to x64 is
    > backups. I
    > used to back up to a NetDrive (TCP/IP), but that is currently not
    > supported
    > for x64. I purchased an external hard drive connecting to my PC via
    > firewire
    > and doing nighly backups to it using Dantz Retrospect. This is not my
    > ideal
    > situation. I would like to make backup images of my hard drives like I
    > used
    > to.
    >
    > I know Acronis True Image (my favorite) does not support x64. Does
    > anybody
    > know if Ghost 10.0 works? I don't trust Symntec sales giving me an honest
    > answer, especially in light of their plunging stock prices! I've seen a
    > shareware backup image program that claims supports x64, but I am not too
    > keen on shareware for something this important.
    >
    > Can anybody help?
    >
    > Thanks!!

    Norton Ghost pre V9 works, as it does not run from within Windows, it
    boots to DOS to do it's backup. As x64 partitions are the same as 32bit
    partitions, everything will be fine. V9 and later Norton Ghost, is a
    different and inferior product (Powerquest Drive Image), and runs in
    windows, using a device driver, so is unlikely to work.
    Mark Gillespie, Dec 3, 2005
  5. Excellent! Thanks!

    =?Utf-8?B?TG9naWtvcw==?=, Dec 3, 2005
  6. =?Utf-8?B?TG9naWtvcw==?=

    John Barnes Guest

    It doesn't in Ghost 9. You can install and backup your x64 from the x86
    partition if available, but you cannot install and make backups from x64 and
    you cannot make backups from the CD. 2003 can work from DOS but depends on
    the number of drive letters in use

    John Barnes, Dec 3, 2005
  7. =?Utf-8?B?TG9naWtvcw==?=

    zekolas Guest

    Logikos wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > The biggest outstanding issue I have left since my move to x64 is backups. I
    > used to back up to a NetDrive (TCP/IP), but that is currently not supported
    > for x64. I purchased an external hard drive connecting to my PC via firewire
    > and doing nighly backups to it using Dantz Retrospect. This is not my ideal
    > situation. I would like to make backup images of my hard drives like I used
    > to.
    >
    > I know Acronis True Image (my favorite) does not support x64. Does anybody
    > know if Ghost 10.0 works? I don't trust Symntec sales giving me an honest
    > answer, especially in light of their plunging stock prices! I've seen a
    > shareware backup image program that claims supports x64, but I am not too
    > keen on shareware for something this important.
    >
    > Can anybody help?
    >
    > Thanks!!

    I use a knoppix cd and partimage to make hard drive images. I have used
    it 100 times in a coprate environment and never had any trouble. It is
    not the most user friendly program since it runs under a linux boot cd,
    however it gets the job done and it is 100% free.

    It supports NTSF, FAT, and a lot of other non-windows file systems. It
    does not matter what OS is installed on that filesystem.
    zekolas, Dec 3, 2005