    word from MS on what's going on with this debacle, or why the fulfillment
    company isn't talking anymore?

    Thanks in advance.
    Kevin Lowe, Jul 5, 2005

  2. You will be charged when you get it. :)
    --
    Andre
    Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jul 5, 2005

  3. Kevin Lowe

    Bill Sharpe Guest

    I understand the fulfillment company is ZOMAX. I sent them and email, but
    no response yet. The addy is

    <>

    I did get a delivery receipt, but no read receipt yet.

    Bill

    Bill Sharpe, Jul 5, 2005
  4. Kevin Lowe

    Sean M Guest

    This probably doesn't need repeating, but read receipts are largely
    voluntary in modern mail clients. I get a dialogue popup whenever I have an
    email that wants one. Most of the time it's for people I know so I have no
    objection to responding, but I'd never do it for a stranger (and I wouldn't
    expect Zomax to, either). Delivery receipts are usually sent by the mail
    transfer program, be it Unix sendmail or Microsoft Exchange.

    -- Sean M

    Sean M, Jul 5, 2005
  5. Kevin Lowe

    Russell Guest

    The question asked was: "Will Microsoft (or the shipping agent) give us a
    date when the CD will ship ?"

    Russell, Jul 5, 2005
  6. Russell <> wrote:
    > The question asked was: "Will Microsoft (or the shipping agent) give
    > us a date when the CD will ship ?"

    Yes, it was the question asked, as a matter of fact, it was asked hundreds
    of time the last two months and I'm afraid that no one have an answer for
    you...Sorry for that...

    Cheers
    --
    Christian Hougardy
    (Ruiselde - Belgium)
    Christian Hougardy, Jul 5, 2005
  7. Kevin has been operating in this group for sometime, so he should have
    realized the answer to his question.

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jul 5, 2005
  8. Kevin Lowe

    Kevin Lowe Guest

    Actually, you slightly misunderstood. I know that "I will get it when I get
    it." What I asked was, "Does anyone (hopefully someone on the inside) know
    why Zomax isn't responding to emails anymore?"

    It's less the delay that's bothering me (after all, the trial's going to
    work just as well - until September, anyway), but more the lack of
    communication. I understand that MS hired Zomax to handle all of this stuff
    for them (and I assume that includes customer relations as well) but in the
    absense of any word from them, I hoped a quick and polite inquiry here would
    snag some info.
    Kevin Lowe, Jul 7, 2005
  9. 1. I don't normally like replying to my own posts, but...

    2. I just heard back from them - their estimate is a lot more specific this
    time (they say the week of July 5, which is this week) so hopefully they just
    waited for a firmer estimate.

    3. I need to learn to spell absence. Damn my human hands!

    =?Utf-8?B?S2V2aW4gTG93ZQ==?=, Jul 7, 2005
  10. Kevin Lowe

    dragonbeat Guest

    I've just had an e mail from microsoft informing me that x64 shoul
    start to ship week starting the 5th july,and they will deduct $22 fro
    my credit card then.by the way i did wait almost a week for a reply t
    my email inquiring about the shipment date .hopefully it won't be lon
    now before i start pulling my last remaining hairs from my head i
    anger not been able to use variours software et

    --
    dragonbea

    Asus A8V Deluxe /Amd 3200 (939 ) / 2 gig Crucial Memory 3200 / 40 - 12
    gig Hd's /Nec dvdrw-Sony cdrw /Ag neovo 17"monito
    dragonbeat's Profile: http://www.64bit-world.com/forums/member.php?u=90
    View this thread: http://www.64bit-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=435
    dragonbeat, Jul 7, 2005
  11. Thank you Kevin for the information and sorry for my misinterpretation. I
    hope you get your XP Pro x64 this week although its still looking dim ;-)

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jul 7, 2005
  12. Kevin Lowe

    NNBXX Guest

    The week nears its end, and still nothing new for me :(

    de news: %...

    NNBXX, Jul 7, 2005
  13. I guess its dim then :p

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jul 11, 2005