any web hosting recommendations

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by nospam, Jan 8, 2012.

  1. nospam

    nospam Guest

    Does anyone have any recommendations for shared web hosting?

    On this website
    http://www.webhostingmasters.com/

    fatcow is the top pick.

    I read the hostgator review and it says there are some indications
    that uptime and page loading speed may be a concern with hostgator but
    that there's probably a lot of BS review on the net so it's a bit hard
    to tell what hostgator performance is like.

    I'm guessing this could apply to any web hosting service and a host
    that has performed well for the last six months could start having
    problems in the future.

    Does anyone have experiences of web hosts or has anyone swapped web
    hosts to try and get a better one? With hostgator (and probably
    others) you get a better price the longer you sign up for.

    (Also, is it easy/ viable to transfer a website from one host to
    another or do you have to recreate the website? What if you used the
    site builder provided by the web host?)

    TIA
    nospam, Jan 8, 2012