Any way to take the audio from a concert DVD to make audio files? NOT TO BE USED FOR PIRACY.

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by Ant, Jun 17, 2004.

  1. Ant

    Ant Guest

    Heyas all,

    I know seeing the question, most of you will begin your 'Piracy is wrong'
    diatribe. But before you do, let me stop you by saying "Yes it is.", and I
    don't plan to do as such. Also, don't start with the 'studios would have
    given you a concert CD if they intended you to have it' garbage, either.
    Now that I have taken the chance to declare my intentions of non-piracy on
    items I own, I look forward to any help :)

    I was wondering if there were any programmes that allowed the stripping of
    DVD audio for making MP3's or .WAV files. I have several Japanese J-pop
    DVD's that there aren't accompanying concert CD's to go with them. So, I
    want to make my own and listen to the concerts without having to have the
    DVD in all the time.

    Any help would be great. Thanks.

    Ant

    Ant, Jun 17, 2004

  2. Ant

    Lester Bangs Guest

    You can use Sound Recorder to strip DVD with DD/DTS/PCM tracks to MP3/WMA or
    Wav. See
    www.mp3do.com/soundrecorderxp.htm

    Regards

    --

    Lester Bangs
    No [SPACE] to reply

    "Festivous for the Rest of Us" - Costanza Senior

    Lester Bangs, Jun 17, 2004

  3. Ant

    Oldus Fartus Guest

    Re: Any way to take the audio from a concert DVD to make audio files?NOT TO BE USED FOR PIRACY.

    DVD Audio Ripper from http://www.imtoo.com/ is great for this.

    --
    Cheers
    Oldus Fartus

    Oldus Fartus, Jun 17, 2004
  4. Ant

    Mike Kohary Guest

    Ant wrote:
    > Heyas all,
    >
    > I know seeing the question, most of you will begin your 'Piracy is
    > wrong' diatribe. But before you do, let me stop you by saying "Yes
    > it is.", and I don't plan to do as such. Also, don't start with the
    > 'studios would have given you a concert CD if they intended you to
    > have it' garbage, either. Now that I have taken the chance to declare
    > my intentions of non-piracy on items I own, I look forward to any
    > help :)

    Don't sweat it. Ripping the soundtrack off a DVD to burn a CD for your own
    use is perfectly legitimate, even under the current DMCA (since no copy
    protection schemes need to be averted in order to do so).

    > I was wondering if there were any programmes that allowed the
    > stripping of DVD audio for making MP3's or .WAV files.

    I use CoolEdit to rip sound off both CDs and DVDs - works wonderfully. It
    might be a little much for doing *ONLY* that - it's a full audio editing
    package that I use for other purposes as well - but it does do the job
    nicely and easily. All you do is play the track(s) and hit "record". At
    the end, you have an audio file that you can save to whatever format you
    want, and burn to CD from there. The only disadvantage is that the capture
    happens in real time, so you have to wait for as long as the track runs to
    capture it all.

    www.syntrillium.com

    Mike

    Mike Kohary, Jun 17, 2004
  5. Ant

    Biz Guest

    "Ant" <> wrote in message
    > Heyas all,
    >
    > I know seeing the question, most of you will begin your 'Piracy is wrong'
    > diatribe. But before you do, let me stop you by saying "Yes it is.", and

    > don't plan to do as such. Also, don't start with the 'studios would have
    > given you a concert CD if they intended you to have it' garbage, either.
    > Now that I have taken the chance to declare my intentions of non-piracy on
    > items I own, I look forward to any help :)
    >
    > I was wondering if there were any programmes that allowed the stripping of
    > DVD audio for making MP3's or .WAV files. I have several Japanese J-pop
    > DVD's that there aren't accompanying concert CD's to go with them. So, I
    > want to make my own and listen to the concerts without having to have the
    > DVD in all the time.
    >
    > Any help would be great. Thanks.
    >
    > Ant

    Audio extraction from DVD-Video disks is quite trivial...

    All you need to know about it is here: www.dvdrhelp.com

    Biz, Jun 17, 2004
  6. Ant

    Goro Guest

    "Ant" <> wrote in message news:<bs7Ac.13828$>...
    > Heyas all,
    >
    > I know seeing the question, most of you will begin your 'Piracy is wrong'
    > diatribe. But before you do, let me stop you by saying "Yes it is.", and I
    > don't plan to do as such. Also, don't start with the 'studios would have
    > given you a concert CD if they intended you to have it' garbage, either.
    > Now that I have taken the chance to declare my intentions of non-piracy on
    > items I own, I look forward to any help :)
    >
    > I was wondering if there were any programmes that allowed the stripping of
    > DVD audio for making MP3's or .WAV files. I have several Japanese J-pop
    > DVD's that there aren't accompanying concert CD's to go with them. So, I
    > want to make my own and listen to the concerts without having to have the
    > DVD in all the time.
    >
    > Any help would be great. Thanks.
    >
    > Ant

    hi Ant,
    I've done this exact thing for concert, ballet, and comedy dvds. I
    use Flask to ripp the audio to a .ac3 file. Then use ac3dec to
    convert the .ac3 to a .wav. of corse, then you get a 2hr long .wav
    file, so i use CoolEditPro to chop the .wav to separate .wav files and
    then burn to cd or convert to .mp3.

    all the utilities except CoolEditPro are free.

    -goro-

    Goro, Jun 17, 2004
  7. "Ant" <> wrote in message
    > Heyas all,
    >
    > I know seeing the question, most of you will begin your 'Piracy is wrong'
    > diatribe. But before you do, let me stop you by saying "Yes it is.", and

    > don't plan to do as such. Also, don't start with the 'studios would have
    > given you a concert CD if they intended you to have it' garbage, either.
    > Now that I have taken the chance to declare my intentions of non-piracy on
    > items I own, I look forward to any help :)
    >
    > I was wondering if there were any programmes that allowed the stripping of
    > DVD audio for making MP3's or .WAV files. I have several Japanese J-pop
    > DVD's that there aren't accompanying concert CD's to go with them. So, I
    > want to make my own and listen to the concerts without having to have the
    > DVD in all the time.
    >
    > Any help would be great. Thanks.
    >
    > Ant

    If you bought a CD Burner with a New version of NERO's easier then trying to
    get Cool Edit (as others have suggested), just start up NERO Wave Editor,
    start recording (make sure you set your audio source to the DVD audio), then
    play the part you want to record. When the part is done, just edit out
    anything you do not want, then save to a wav file. Then just use NERO to
    make an audio CD, and choose the tracks you recorded. Simple.

    Ratmaster2000, Jun 23, 2004
  8. Ant

    Ant Guest

    "Oldus Fartus" <> wrote in message

    > DVD Audio Ripper from http://www.imtoo.com/ is great for this.
    >
    > --
    > Cheers
    > Oldus Fartus

    Thanks very much, to you Oldus, as well as all of you that suggested ideas.
    I tried all of your programme suggestions and found that Oldus' was the
    easiest. Ripped the 26 song concert with no troubles at all. Now I need to
    rename them.

    Take care, and thanks again!

    Ant

    Ant, Jun 24, 2004
  9. Ant

    Ant wrote:

    > "Oldus Fartus" <> wrote in message
    >

    >>DVD Audio Ripper from http://www.imtoo.com/ is great for this.
    >>
    >>--
    >>Cheers
    >>Oldus Fartus
    >>

    > Thanks very much, to you Oldus, as well as all of you that suggested ideas.
    > I tried all of your programme suggestions and found that Oldus' was the
    > easiest. Ripped the 26 song concert with no troubles at all. Now I need to
    > rename them.
    >
    > Take care, and thanks again!
    >
    > Ant

    You are welcome Ant. It is a great little program, does exactly what
    it is supposed to do, and with the minimum of fuss.

    --
    Cheers
    Oldus Fartus

    Oldus Fartus, Jun 24, 2004