    Location:
    Houston
    I have a Dell Inspiron 6000 laptop. In some parts of my school's campus, or even different parts of my house, I get a low wireless signal (compared to good or very good). Is there any way of strengthening or boosting my computer's signal strength?

    uhdcjstudent, Sep 7, 2006

  2. uhdcjstudent

    Don35

    Joined:
    Sep 16, 2006
    Messages:
    18
    The ONLY way that makes any sense is to BUY an external card that allows or has an antenna. YOu could ALSO try to take the little cover off and MAKE SURE the two antenna wires are snapped on to the card. The DELL uses two pieces of wire that extend in the cover and the lower hafl of the case. ITS marginal at best. IF one or both of them are off, you can improve the signal with them hooked up. THE card approach is cheap enough now-a-days

    Don35, Sep 16, 2006