    and not just one....

    I try to run more than one instance but it just tells me the program is
    already running... is there any way to run multiple instances?
    Representative Trantis, Nov 12, 2006

  2. Representative Trantis

    Mr. Arnold Guest

    Representative Trantis wrote:
    > Is there any way to run multiple versions.
    >
    > I am encoding a lot of video files onto DVD.
    > I am setting it to record the disc image in a folder on my hard drive, then
    > am leaving it for several hours, then am coming back and putting that image
    > straight to disc.
    >
    > I would like to run two or three instances. That way, when I am away from my
    > computer for a long time, I can come back and find that many discs are ready
    > and not just one....
    >
    > I try to run more than one instance but it just tells me the program is
    > already running... is there any way to run multiple instances?

    A program can be designed to look for another instance of itself running
    on the computer. The program will not allow you to run more than one
    instance of the it.

    Duane :)
    Mr. Arnold, Nov 12, 2006

  3. Representative Trantis

    Oldus Fartus Guest

    Representative Trantis wrote:
    > Is there any way to run multiple versions.
    >
    > I am encoding a lot of video files onto DVD.
    > I am setting it to record the disc image in a folder on my hard drive, then
    > am leaving it for several hours, then am coming back and putting that image
    > straight to disc.
    >
    > I would like to run two or three instances. That way, when I am away from my
    > computer for a long time, I can come back and find that many discs are ready
    > and not just one....
    >
    > I try to run more than one instance but it just tells me the program is
    > already running... is there any way to run multiple instances?

    Instead of Vision Express, see if Nero Express will do the same job for
    you - that will happily allow two or three instances to run at the same
    time.

    --
    Cheers
    Oldus Fartus
    Oldus Fartus, Nov 13, 2006
  4. Representative Trantis

    Robert Baer Guest

    Oldus Fartus wrote:
    > Representative Trantis wrote:
    >
    >> Is there any way to run multiple versions.
    >>
    >> I am encoding a lot of video files onto DVD.
    >> I am setting it to record the disc image in a folder on my hard drive,
    >> then am leaving it for several hours, then am coming back and putting
    >> that image straight to disc.
    >>
    >> I would like to run two or three instances. That way, when I am away
    >> from my computer for a long time, I can come back and find that many
    >> discs are ready and not just one....
    >>
    >> I try to run more than one instance but it just tells me the program
    >> is already running... is there any way to run multiple instances?
    >>

    > Instead of Vision Express, see if Nero Express will do the same job for
    > you - that will happily allow two or three instances to run at the same
    > time.

    ....and naturally, everything will go a *lot* slower - meaning lost frames!
    Robert Baer, Nov 13, 2006