    Microsoft Windows media player, version 6.4.07.1117 to play these
    clips.

    Thanks in advance!

    Cruiser, Jul 16, 2003

  2. Cruiser

    Paul - xxx Guest

    Cruiser deftly scribbled:

    > I have a IBM type computer with windows 98, I often download "short
    > movies" from the net....
    > they always seem to dark, I haven't found a way to lighten them
    > ....any suggestions! It uses
    > Microsoft Windows media player, version 6.4.07.1117 to play
    > these clips.
    >
    > Thanks in advance!

    I have a copy of MGI Videowave. Part of it's editing facility for movies is
    a 'darkroom' which has the ability to adjust brightness and contrast.
    Perhaps this may help. I haven't actually tried the product .. ;)

    --
    ....................................Paul-xxx

    Paul - xxx, Jul 16, 2003

  3. Cruiser

    Paul - xxx Guest

    Paul - xxx deftly scribbled:

    > Cruiser deftly scribbled:
    >
    >> I have a IBM type computer with windows 98, I often download "short
    >> movies" from the net....
    >> they always seem to dark, I haven't found a way to lighten them
    >> ....any suggestions! It uses
    >> Microsoft Windows media player, version 6.4.07.1117 to play
    >> these clips.
    >>
    >> Thanks in advance!

    > I have a copy of MGI Videowave. Part of it's editing facility for
    > movies is a 'darkroom' which has the ability to adjust brightness and
    > contrast. Perhaps this may help. I haven't actually tried the product
    > .. ;)

    Heheheh, bad form I know, replying to one's own post but it _is_ an addition
    and relevant. ;)

    I just had a quick try at opening and changing the colour on a *.avi movie
    file and it worked admirably. One has to be careful with the slider
    adjusters as a small amount of movement can produce a large change to the
    brightness, but there is a 'reset' facility if it all goes wrong.

    Worked well, simply and quickly I thought .. ;)

    --
    ....................................Paul-xxx

    Paul - xxx, Jul 16, 2003
  4. " Cruiser" <> wrote in message
    > I have a IBM type computer with windows 98, I often download "short
    > movies" from the net....
    > they always seem to dark, I haven't found a way to lighten them
    > ....any suggestions! It uses
    > Microsoft Windows media player, version 6.4.07.1117 to play these
    > clips.
    >
    > Thanks in advance!

    I killfile anyone who says "Thanks in advance."

    Brenadier Jehosephat, Jul 16, 2003
  5. Cruiser

    Zën Guest

    why?

    thanks in advance.

    Zen

    Zën, Jul 16, 2003
  6. Cruiser

    Me Guest

    try View | Now playing tools | Show equalizer and settings | Video
    settings | change brightness from there. Works in WMP ver 7 anyway.

    Me, Jul 17, 2003
  7. Cruiser

    Barry OGrady Guest

    On Wed, 16 Jul 2003 16:04:36 -0500, " Cruiser" <> wrote:

    >I have a IBM type computer with windows 98, I often download "short
    >movies" from the net....
    >they always seem to dark, I haven't found a way to lighten them
    >....any suggestions! It uses
    >Microsoft Windows media player, version 6.4.07.1117 to play these
    >clips.

    I suggest you try a comedy site.

    >Thanks in advance!

    -Barry