    (ESSID, PEAP, Connect Automatically, infrastructure mode..etc.....etc..)

    Has anyone been able to put these settings in a registry export or other
    type of file for folks to load a wireless network in one step?
    Al Keniston, Sep 27, 2005

  2. "Al Keniston" <> wrote in message
    news:%...
    > We have a large number of XP Pro machines that need to have our wireless
    > network added.
    >
    > Right now, we have a 10-page document instructing users how to set each
    > tab of the wireless network setup manually.
    > (ESSID, PEAP, Connect Automatically, infrastructure mode..etc.....etc..)
    >
    > Has anyone been able to put these settings in a registry export or other
    > type of file for folks to load a wireless network in one step?

    I am not directly answering your question, sorry but yes it IS possible
    through registry OR through a program written by a contract programmer for
    you for that end. After all, many ISPs send out setup CDs that change the
    machine to their setup so it can work the way you want, too. I would suggest
    that you get a contract programmer if you cant find something on internet to
    do that for you. Then, all you need to do is walk from machine to machine,
    insert whatever it is recorded on and run from that and move to the next
    machine.
    Diamontina Cocktail, Sep 27, 2005

  3. Al Keniston

    Al Keniston Guest

    Thank you, Diamontina,

    I suppose you are correct, but this is exactly the type of solution I was
    hoping to avoid.

    It seems that there should be one registry hive.... or a "Wireless config
    wizard" that could import and export a config in a file.

    If this were only UNIX..... ;)

    Thanks for the help though.

    aL

    Al Keniston, Sep 28, 2005
  4. Al Keniston

    amour Guest

    you can use the new WPS and the wireless network wizard to export the
    config file into a USB flash drive(that will create a XML config file
    ),All u have to do then is plug the usb flash into each laptop u wanna
    configure and that would create a new profile into ur clients laptops.
    As long I know this would work only on WInXP SP2 machines and win2003
    server and is the only way to configure the WSC service since Microsoft
    didnt release any available API to be able to play with the WSC
    programmatically.

    amour, Nov 8, 2005
  5. Here are a few articles about WCN that may be of interest...

    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/networking/learnmore/bowman_05june13.mspx

    http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/device/netattach/WCN.mspx

    --

    Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)