    D660U to work with XP64? I remember reading about people who were trying to
    get canon hardware to work with 64bit but I never heard if anything happend.

    Thanks

    Neal, Sep 12, 2005

  2. Canon is the best place and only place to receive drivers for your hardware.
    Driver support for scanners has been especially rough because of the lack 64
    bit Twain drivers.
    --
    Andre
    Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

    Andre Da Costa, Sep 12, 2005

  3. Neal

    John Barnes Guest

    This is the response I received from Canon this AM

    Dear John:

    Thank you for contacting Canon product support regarding Windows XP
    64bit compatible products.

    We currently have one model with 64bit drivers available for download,
    the i9900. You can find out more about this printer by visiting
    www.usa.canon.com/consumer. Once at the website click on Printers and
    then the model you are interested in.

    Thank you for inquiring about Canon. Please let us know if we can be of
    further assistance.

    John Barnes, Sep 12, 2005
  4. Neal

    Ian Guest

    Ya, gotta wonder why they even say that crap
    when they have no intention what-so-ever of
    providing 'further assistance - but I would reply :

    "Yes please, assist me further by providing me with
    functional 64-bit Twain driver for my D660U Scanner."

    Ian, Sep 12, 2005
  5. Couldn't agree more.

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Sep 13, 2005
  6. Neal

    Neal Guest

    That is why I asked on this board. I just get their simple cut and past
    answer all the time and that is it. After this all I have to say is that I
    will never buy Canon again for any product.

    Neal, Sep 13, 2005
  7. Neal

    Guest

    Canon support on the phone is much better, at least for their cameras.
    If you do call them, try to get bumped up as high as possible. [I'm
    sure you know the routine. ;-)]

    , Sep 13, 2005