    Please let me know if you know any software that can do that

    thanks

    Mario
    Mario, Oct 18, 2007

  2. Mario

    Paul Furman Guest

    Mario wrote:

    > Hello,
    >
    > is there any software that lets me filter out blues or add reds in an
    > avi file?
    >
    > I need it because as you know avi videos taken with compact photo
    > camera are rich in blues and lack reds
    >
    > Please let me know if you know any software that can do that

    You can convert it to jpegs with something like RAD Video Tools or
    VirtualDub then use irfanview to make batch adjustments & convert back
    to avi.

    --
    Paul Furman Photography
    http://edgehill.net
    Paul Furman, Oct 18, 2007

  3. Mario

    G Hardy Guest

    "Paul Furman" <> wrote in message
    > Mario wrote:
    >
    >> Hello,
    >>
    >> is there any software that lets me filter out blues or add reds in an
    >> avi file?
    >>
    >> I need it because as you know avi videos taken with compact photo
    >> camera are rich in blues and lack reds
    >>
    >> Please let me know if you know any software that can do that

    > You can convert it to jpegs with something like RAD Video Tools or
    > VirtualDub then use irfanview to make batch adjustments & convert back to
    > avi.

    Can't VirtualDub do the colour correction as well? I'm not a user, but I
    seem to recall it had the ability to do this.

    You can use IrfanView to extract stills from a video - but as far as I can
    tell, there's no way to combine them back into a video, which is a shame.
    G Hardy, Oct 18, 2007
  4. Mario

    Jukka Aho Guest

    G Hardy wrote:

    >>> is there any software that lets me filter out blues or add reds in
    >>> an avi file?

    >> You can convert it to jpegs with something like RAD Video Tools or
    >> VirtualDub then use irfanview to make batch adjustments & convert
    >> back to avi.

    > Can't VirtualDub do the colour correction as well? I'm not a user,
    > but I seem to recall it had the ability to do this.

    Yep, VirtualDub has a built-in HSV (Hue/Saturation/Value) filter and you
    can install additional colour correction filters as well - such as
    Donald Graft's RGB filter:

    <http://neuron2.net/rgb.html>

    --
    znark
    Jukka Aho, Oct 18, 2007
  5. On Thu, 18 Oct 2007 16:38:15 GMT, Paul Furman <> wrote:

    >Mario wrote:
    >
    >> Hello,
    >>
    >> is there any software that lets me filter out blues or add reds in an
    >> avi file?
    >>
    >> I need it because as you know avi videos taken with compact photo
    >> camera are rich in blues and lack reds
    >>
    >> Please let me know if you know any software that can do that

    >You can convert it to jpegs with something like RAD Video Tools or
    >VirtualDub then use irfanview to make batch adjustments & convert back
    >to avi.

    The above is the advice of an inexperienced troll who does nothing more than
    spread misinformation to usenet because it has nothing better to do and likes to
    think it knows something about photography. Ignore it and all its posts.

    Now for even better advice.

    There are hundreds of plugins for VirtualDub that will do exactly what you want.
    Every plugin and editing tool that you have for your favorite photo editor are
    also available for editing video frames.WITHOUT having to disassemble the video
    into single frames. (What an amazingly stupid idea that is, just when you
    thought you've read them all.) Not all VirtualDub plugins are hosted at the main
    site, search for them. Some plugins for free VirtualDub do more than any of the
    best video editing programs sold today.

    For example, if you have a digicam without IS (image stabilization) look for a
    plugin for VirtualDub called "Deshaker". It gives you IS for your videos.

    "LogoAway" is a fun one too.

    If only there was a usenet "TrollAway" plugin for Usenet so you could
    automatically filter out the idiots that continually spew their misinformation.
    CorrectingAnIdiotsInfo, Oct 18, 2007
  6. Mario

    Paul Furman Guest

    Forte Agent 4.1/32.1088 @ EasyNews
    <CorrectingAnIdiotsInfo (today)> wrote:

    <snipped blathering>

    Wow, you made a special name just for me in this thread. I figured in
    rec.photo.digital there wouldn't be hardly any replies to a video
    question so I offered what little I knew. Thanks to others for clarifying.

    Nice to know all those plugins exist!

    PS Most newsreaders have filters and I always use my real name.
    --
    http://youtube.com/profile?user=edgehillnet
    Paul Furman, Oct 19, 2007