    I have goggled and come up with nothing. Sipgate dont offer it (Have UK
    number with them already)

    Any help appreciated, even if it cost a small fee.

    TheDragon, Feb 7, 2009

  2. "TheDragon" <> writes:

    > Hi Group,
    > As per subject. Moving from Cyprus to Germany soon, and would love to keep
    > in touch with friends made here in sunny Cyprus. So would love to have a
    > Cyprus landline number linked to a VOIP connection.
    >

    > I have goggled and come up with nothing. Sipgate dont offer it (Have UK
    > number with them already)
    >
    > Any help appreciated, even if it cost a small fee.

    Maybe too expensive (£10.34/month) for your usage, but voiptalk.org does:

    http://www.voiptalk.org/products/Rest of World Numbers

    You can choose from the following cities: Larnaca, Limassol, Nicosia and
    Paphos.

    - Herbert

    Herbert J. Skuhra, Feb 7, 2009

  3. TheDragon <> wrote in <>:
    > As per subject. Moving from Cyprus to Germany soon, and would love to keep
    > in touch with friends made here in sunny Cyprus. So would love to have a
    > Cyprus landline number linked to a VOIP connection.

    http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/DID Service Providers

    shows Cyprus twice. Have a look at those.

    I have no experience with any of the providers listed, but I know
    voip-info.org is a very good source of information about voip.

    Koos van den Hout

    --
    The Virtual Bookcase, the site about books, book | Koos van den Hout
    news and reviews http://www.virtualbookcase.com/ | http://idefix.net/~koos/

    Koos van den Hout, Feb 7, 2009
  4. TheDragon

    Guest

    On Sat, 7 Feb 2009 18:53:33 +0200, "TheDragon"
    <> wrote:

    >I have goggled and come up with nothing. Sipgate dont offer it (Have UK
    >number with them already)

    Sipgate Don't offer any kind of reliable service.

    , Feb 7, 2009
  5. TheDragon

    TheDragon Guest

    "Herbert J. Skuhra" <> wrote in message
    > "TheDragon" <> writes:
    >
    >> Hi Group,
    >> As per subject. Moving from Cyprus to Germany soon, and would love to
    >> keep
    >> in touch with friends made here in sunny Cyprus. So would love to have a
    >> Cyprus landline number linked to a VOIP connection.
    >>

    >> I have goggled and come up with nothing. Sipgate dont offer it (Have UK
    >> number with them already)
    >>
    >> Any help appreciated, even if it cost a small fee.

    > Maybe too expensive (£10.34/month) for your usage, but voiptalk.org does:
    >
    > http://www.voiptalk.org/products/Rest of World Numbers
    >
    > You can choose from the following cities: Larnaca, Limassol, Nicosia and
    > Paphos.
    >
    > - Herbert

    Yes a little prices, just so a couple of friends can keep in touch. May have
    to just do without.

    TheDragon, Feb 8, 2009
  6. TheDragon

    Soruk Guest

    On 2009-02-07, TheDragon <> wrote:
    > Hi Group,
    > As per subject. Moving from Cyprus to Germany soon, and would love to keep
    > in touch with friends made here in sunny Cyprus. So would love to have a
    > Cyprus landline number linked to a VOIP connection.
    >

    > I have goggled and come up with nothing. Sipgate dont offer it (Have UK
    > number with them already)
    >
    > Any help appreciated, even if it cost a small fee.

    While it doesn't give your own number, GizmoProject (gizmo5.com)
    1-747-xxx-xxxx numbers have an iNUM mapping (inum.net), and iNUM have a
    break-in number in Nicosia. Callers would have to then dial your
    15-digit(!) iNUM number, which would then ring through to where your
    Gizmo connection is.

    If your Gizmo number is 1-747-123-4567, your iNUM is
    883-510-071-234-567.

    I had to use their client to create the account, but once done I could
    register (using SIP server proxy01.sipphone.com) the connection to my
    Asterisk machine.

    This is all free, but has the downside of needing to dial that 15-digit
    number into a break-in service.

    Soruk, Feb 9, 2009
  7. TheDragon

    TheDragon Guest

    "Soruk" <> wrote in message
    > On 2009-02-07, TheDragon <> wrote:
    >> Hi Group,
    >> As per subject. Moving from Cyprus to Germany soon, and would love to
    >> keep
    >> in touch with friends made here in sunny Cyprus. So would love to have a
    >> Cyprus landline number linked to a VOIP connection.
    >>

    >> I have goggled and come up with nothing. Sipgate dont offer it (Have UK
    >> number with them already)
    >>
    >> Any help appreciated, even if it cost a small fee.

    > While it doesn't give your own number, GizmoProject (gizmo5.com)
    > 1-747-xxx-xxxx numbers have an iNUM mapping (inum.net), and iNUM have a
    > break-in number in Nicosia. Callers would have to then dial your
    > 15-digit(!) iNUM number, which would then ring through to where your
    > Gizmo connection is.
    >
    > If your Gizmo number is 1-747-123-4567, your iNUM is
    > 883-510-071-234-567.
    >
    > I had to use their client to create the account, but once done I could
    > register (using SIP server proxy01.sipphone.com) the connection to my
    > Asterisk machine.
    >
    > This is all free, but has the downside of needing to dial that 15-digit
    > number into a break-in service.
    >
    > --
    > -- Michael "Soruk" McConnell Eridani Star System
    > MailStripper - http://www.MailStripper.eu/ - SMTP spam filter
    > Second Number - http://secondnumber.matrixnetwork.co.uk/

    Will give that a go, its better than nothing

    TheDragon, Feb 10, 2009
  8. TheDragon

    Soruk Guest

    On 2009-02-10, TheDragon <> wrote:

    > "Soruk" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> While it doesn't give your own number, GizmoProject (gizmo5.com)
    >> 1-747-xxx-xxxx numbers have an iNUM mapping (inum.net), and iNUM have a
    >> break-in number in Nicosia. Callers would have to then dial your
    >> 15-digit(!) iNUM number, which would then ring through to where your
    >> Gizmo connection is.
    >>
    >> If your Gizmo number is 1-747-123-4567, your iNUM is
    >> 883-510-071-234-567.
    >>
    >> I had to use their client to create the account, but once done I could
    >> register (using SIP server proxy01.sipphone.com) the connection to my
    >> Asterisk machine.
    >>
    >> This is all free, but has the downside of needing to dial that 15-digit
    >> number into a break-in service.

    > Will give that a go, its better than nothing

    Don't know why I missed this - Tpad (www.tpad.com) also have a break-in
    number in Cyprus (also Nicosia), and their numbers are 7 digits. Unlike
    Gizmo you can sign up via the web, then put the details into your
    ATA/Asterisk/softphone app (server is sip.tpad.com), but they do offer a
    softphone for download.

    Back to Gizmo, the Betamax VoIP services now route to iNUM numbers, and
    at least on VoipCheap.com and InterVoip, they're free. The Finarea
    callthroughs don't (yet) list them.

    Soruk, Feb 12, 2009
  9. TheDragon

    TheDragon Guest

    "Soruk" <> wrote in message
    > On 2009-02-10, TheDragon <> wrote:
    >>
    >> "Soruk" <> wrote in message
    >>>
    >>> While it doesn't give your own number, GizmoProject (gizmo5.com)
    >>> 1-747-xxx-xxxx numbers have an iNUM mapping (inum.net), and iNUM have a
    >>> break-in number in Nicosia. Callers would have to then dial your
    >>> 15-digit(!) iNUM number, which would then ring through to where your
    >>> Gizmo connection is.
    >>>
    >>> If your Gizmo number is 1-747-123-4567, your iNUM is
    >>> 883-510-071-234-567.
    >>>
    >>> I had to use their client to create the account, but once done I could
    >>> register (using SIP server proxy01.sipphone.com) the connection to my
    >>> Asterisk machine.
    >>>
    >>> This is all free, but has the downside of needing to dial that 15-digit
    >>> number into a break-in service.

    >> Will give that a go, its better than nothing

    > Don't know why I missed this - Tpad (www.tpad.com) also have a break-in
    > number in Cyprus (also Nicosia), and their numbers are 7 digits. Unlike
    > Gizmo you can sign up via the web, then put the details into your
    > ATA/Asterisk/softphone app (server is sip.tpad.com), but they do offer a
    > softphone for download.
    >
    > Back to Gizmo, the Betamax VoIP services now route to iNUM numbers, and
    > at least on VoipCheap.com and InterVoip, they're free. The Finarea
    > callthroughs don't (yet) list them.
    >
    > --
    > -- Michael "Soruk" McConnell Eridani Star System
    > MailStripper - http://www.MailStripper.eu/ - SMTP spam filter
    > Second Number - http://secondnumber.matrixnetwork.co.uk/

    Thats certainly a good start. The service actually works too. I have tested
    it.

    TheDragon, Feb 12, 2009
  10. TheDragon

    Soruk Guest

    On 2009-02-12, TheDragon <> wrote:

    > "Soruk" <> wrote in message
    >> On 2009-02-10, TheDragon <> wrote:
    >>>
    >>> "Soruk" <> wrote in message

    >>> Will give that a go, its better than nothing

    >> Don't know why I missed this - Tpad (www.tpad.com) also have a break-in
    >> number in Cyprus (also Nicosia), and their numbers are 7 digits. Unlike
    >> Gizmo you can sign up via the web, then put the details into your
    >> ATA/Asterisk/softphone app (server is sip.tpad.com), but they do offer a
    >> softphone for download.
    >>
    >> Back to Gizmo, the Betamax VoIP services now route to iNUM numbers, and
    >> at least on VoipCheap.com and InterVoip, they're free. The Finarea
    >> callthroughs don't (yet) list them.

    > Thats certainly a good start. The service actually works too. I have tested
    > it.

    You might have already noticed - it no longer works.

    http://forum.tpad.com/viewtopic.php?t=1055

    Due to low use, some numbers have been withdrawn.

    Looks like it's back to iNUM/Gizmo and a sore finger after dialling a
    huge string of numbers.

    I spotted this as I was giving a friend in Estonia my Tpad number, only
    to find the access number dead and a forum search revealed that post.

    International Calls - http://calls.matrixnetwork.co.uk/

    Soruk, Mar 29, 2009
  11. Steve Hammond, Mar 29, 2009