    Cheers

    -Gaiko
    , Dec 12, 2005

  2. themgt Guest

    Re: Any VoIP phone will work with any VoIP software (skype, Gizmo,VoipBuster,etc)

    The Yealink USB-P1K handset (sometimes badged as Waitec or Yamamoto) works on a few different SIP softphones as well as Skype (http://www.yealink.com/english/support.htm). I've one plugged into the kids machine for use with X-lite and it seems OK.
    themgt, Dec 12, 2005

  3. Re: Any VoIP phone will work with any VoIP software (skype, Gizmo,VoipBuster,etc)

    wrote:

    > Hi, i was considering getting a handset to use with skype (with skype
    > for the time being) but with all the new services and competition
    > (yahoo comes to mind) i forsee myself trying out other services. So,

    If you're simply talking about a handset to plug into the audio card of
    your computer, you can be pretty sure, that they will work with any
    software. If you want a proper standalone IP telephone, most are likely
    to work with any provider (which provides you with username and password
    for terminal configuration) except Skype, which is using their own
    proprietary protocol for call setup.

    Tor
    Tor-Einar Jarnbjo, Dec 12, 2005