    Any advice or recommentations appreciated.
    Thanks
    Arawak
    Arawak, Jul 12, 2004

  2. Arawak wrote:
    > Photos on my monitor always seem too dark. I have used the Monitor's
    > MENU do try to correct this but to no avail.
    > Any advice or recommentations appreciated.
    > Thanks
    > Arawak

    I've heard Macs work best at color matching, but I personally don't care
    for Macs. But there are quite a few solutions available:

    http://www.publishingperfection.com/color-calibration/57/

    I've always had pretty good luck with adjusting the monitor to get
    "close enough" to the final output. Some of these systems involve a puck
    that you use to scan and compare the printed output to the video output,
    make adjustments accordingly.
    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Jul 12, 2004

  3. Arawak

    Boomer Guest

    Arawak <> wrote:

    > Photos on my monitor always seem too dark. I have used the
    > Monitor's MENU do try to correct this but to no avail.
    > Any advice or recommentations appreciated.
    > Thanks
    > Arawak

    Monitor Calibration Wizard 771kb
    http://www.hex2bit.com/products/index.asp
    Boomer, Jul 12, 2004
  4. Arawak

    Kevin Horner Guest

    I set contrast to 100% and brightness to around 50%. in windows it makes
    graphicks look great
    "Boomer" <> wrote in message
    > Arawak <> wrote:
    >
    > > Photos on my monitor always seem too dark. I have used the
    > > Monitor's MENU do try to correct this but to no avail.
    > > Any advice or recommentations appreciated.
    > > Thanks
    > > Arawak

    > Monitor Calibration Wizard 771kb
    > http://www.hex2bit.com/products/index.asp

    ---
    Kevin Horner, Jul 12, 2004
  5. Arawak

    Kevin Horner Guest

    sorry mispelled graphics
    "Kevin Horner" <> wrote in message
    > I set contrast to 100% and brightness to around 50%. in windows it makes
    > graphicks look great
    > "Boomer" <> wrote in message
    > > Arawak <> wrote:
    > >
    > > > Photos on my monitor always seem too dark. I have used the
    > > > Monitor's MENU do try to correct this but to no avail.
    > > > Any advice or recommentations appreciated.
    > > > Thanks
    > > > Arawak

    > > Monitor Calibration Wizard 771kb
    > > http://www.hex2bit.com/products/index.asp
    > >

    > ---

    ---
    Kevin Horner, Jul 12, 2004
  6. Rôgêr wrote:
    > Arawak wrote:
    >> Photos on my monitor always seem too dark. I have used the Monitor's
    >> MENU do try to correct this but to no avail.
    >> Any advice or recommentations appreciated.
    >> Thanks
    >> Arawak

    > I've heard Macs work

    That's an unfounded rumour.
    Rôgêr, the out-of-bounds, translating dewberry, Jul 12, 2004
  7. Arawak

    Boomer Guest

    Try the fucking knobs on your screen, you dumb ****.
    Boomer, Jul 12, 2004
  8. Arawak

    Jerry G. Guest

    Are you finding that when you turn the brightness to full, there is the lack
    of range to get the brightness up? If this is correct, there is a problem
    with the monitor. Internally, this can mean that the CRT is not getting
    adequate G2 bias, or the CRT is starting to go weak.

    When the CRT (picture tube) starts to get low in emission or be weak, there
    are some symptoms that will occur. One or more will become apparent. CRT is
    the abbreviation for "Cathode Ray Tube".

    1) The brightness starts to decrease, thus there is a crashing, or lack of
    details of the black levels in images.

    2) When the contrast is increased the images start to loose sharpness,
    especially on the edges. This is the beam focus starting to not be defined,
    due to lower beam current in the CRT.

    3) When viewing a B&W greyscale, the tracking of the colour will not follow,
    or be properly adjustable anymore. The B&W reference will have some colour
    in it.

    4) The accuracy of the convergence starts to go out of specs, especially in
    the corners.

    5) A CRT that is failing may also give some intermittent faults, such as
    colour flashing, or even a failure of a complete colour.

    6) A CRT that is failing may also some smearing of the images, and the
    images may also start to expand a little in their size.

    7) A common damage to CRT's is the shadow mask or aperture grill displacing
    itself, thus causing colour splotching that looks like bad colour purity.

    The only fixes for the above symptoms is to replace the CRT. In most cases,
    this is not feasible. Most of the time the manufactures will not supply a
    replacement tube, because the cost of replacing it would exceed the cost of
    a new monitor.

    --

    Jerry G.
    ==========================

    Jerry G., Jul 12, 2004
  9. Arawak

    ProfGene Guest

    If you have lightened the contrast as high as it will go on the monitor that
    is all you can do with it. You might install the exact drivers for the
    monitor and check the settings for the display in control panel, but if none
    of that works you do have the option of using your image editing program if
    you have a good one to lighten up the picture and modify the contrast so you
    can see it on your computer but it might not look the same on another
    computer that doesn't have the same problem.
    ProfGene, Jul 12, 2004