    1,062.300 Receive bytes and 802 errors.

    Thanks

    , May 8, 2006

  2. EMB Guest

    wrote:

    > In the last week or so the dial up service is running backswords, local sites
    > are dead slow, I am using a good US Robotics ext modem and get good connect
    > speeds, but that is all.
    >
    > May be I could improve things by forcing my model to connect at a slower
    > rate..?
    >
    > Connects at 53.26k every time..
    >
    > But the XP connection status windows does show receive errors, like
    > 1,062.300 Receive bytes and 802 errors.

    IIRC XP only reports the initial connect speed and doesn't reflect any
    retraining by the V.90 algorithm. For starters you could try adding
    S32=98 to the modem init string to disable V.90 and see if that gives
    you a more reliable (albeit slower) connection.

    --
    EMB

    EMB, May 9, 2006

  3. Dave Taylor Guest

    wrote in news:hjgv529ordtakv4ribm48kkq602s84ehmh@
    4ax.com:

    > Connects at 53.26k every time..

    Is it forced to connect at that speed via an ini string?
    Note the string you have.
    remove it.
    try again.
    Maybe some overtweaking happened?

    --
    Ciao, Dave

    Dave Taylor, May 9, 2006
  4. Guest

    On 9 May 2006 19:30:40 +1200, Dave Taylor <>
    wrote:

    > wrote in news:hjgv529ordtakv4ribm48kkq602s84ehmh@
    >4ax.com:
    >
    >> Connects at 53.26k every time..

    >Is it forced to connect at that speed via an ini string?
    >Note the string you have.
    >remove it.
    >try again.
    >Maybe some overtweaking happened?

    No Ini but have now found the Problem some how the Windows modems settings,
    the Hardware features were turned off.

    , May 10, 2006
  5. Dave Taylor Guest

    wrote in

    > No Ini but have now found the Problem some how the Windows modems
    > settings, the Hardware features were turned off.

    FIFO both sliders to Max?

    --
    Ciao, Dave

    Dave Taylor, May 10, 2006