    Hi all - IT person with 17 years experience after a reading list to get up
    to speed on Internet security. Any suggestions for regular e-mail updates
    on security warmly appreciated. Many thanks, CIndy.
    Cindy, Sep 30, 2003

  2. Cindy

    Max Burke Guest

    > Cindy scribbled:
    > Hi all - IT person with 17 years experience after a reading list to
    > get up to speed on Internet security. Any suggestions for regular
    > e-mail updates on security warmly appreciated. Many thanks, CIndy.

    Try this news server:
    news.grc.com

    99% of what I have learned I learned from reading the groups there....

    --
    mlvburke@#%&*.net.nz
    See Found Images at:
    Max Burke, Sep 30, 2003

  3. "Max Burke" <mlvburke@%$%#@.nz> wrote in message
    > > Cindy scribbled:
    > > Hi all - IT person with 17 years experience after a reading list to
    > > get up to speed on Internet security. Any suggestions for regular
    > > e-mail updates on security warmly appreciated. Many thanks, CIndy.

    > Try this news server:
    > news.grc.com
    >
    > 99% of what I have learned I learned from reading the groups there....
    >
    > --
    > mlvburke@#%&*.net.nz
    > Replace the obvious with paradise to email me.
    > See Found Images at:
    > http://homepages.paradise.net.nz/~mlvburke/

    GRC...?? Excuse me but.....BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!

    Go here my pretty....heeheheheheheheheheheheheheh

    http://www.securityfocus.com/archive
    http://www.cotse.com (dead smack in front of you when you got to the URL)

    This has pretty much everything you need
    rm -rf /bin/laden, Sep 30, 2003
  4. Cindy

    donutbandit Guest

    > Try this news server:
    > news.grc.com
    >
    > 99% of what I have learned I learned from reading the groups there....

    Let's see.... Gibson advises to use Zone Alarm and wants you to think that
    if your firewall passes the very scant probes that his site does, it's
    secure.

    He's not QUITE as bad as Tracker, but almost.
    donutbandit, Sep 30, 2003
  5. In article <Xns94065CBD6ED30donutbandit@216.102.43.227>,
    says...
    > "Max Burke" <mlvburke@%$%#@.nz> wrote in
    >
    > > Try this news server:
    > > news.grc.com
    > >
    > > 99% of what I have learned I learned from reading the groups there....

    > Let's see.... Gibson advises to use Zone Alarm and wants you to think that
    > if your firewall passes the very scant probes that his site does, it's
    > secure.
    >
    > He's not QUITE as bad as Tracker, but almost.

    amen. preach it brother.

    gibson's a hamburger shy of a happy meal.

    --
    Colonel Flagg
    http://www.internetwarzone.org/

    Privacy at a click:
    http://www.cotse.net

    A: None, he just defines Darkness? as the new industry standard..."

    "...I see stupid people."
    Colonel Flagg, Oct 1, 2003
  6. In article <Z%beb.5093$>, mlvburke@%$%#
    says...
    > > Cindy scribbled:
    > > Hi all - IT person with 17 years experience after a reading list to
    > > get up to speed on Internet security. Any suggestions for regular
    > > e-mail updates on security warmly appreciated. Many thanks, CIndy.

    > Try this news server:
    > news.grc.com
    >
    > 99% of what I have learned I learned from reading the groups there....

    lol.

    well, that explains that.

    --
    Colonel Flagg
    http://www.internetwarzone.org/

    Privacy at a click:
    http://www.cotse.net

    A: None, he just defines Darkness? as the new industry standard..."

    "...I see stupid people."
    Colonel Flagg, Oct 1, 2003
  7. Cindy

    Lord Shaolin Guest

    "Cindy" <> wrote in message
    > Hi all - IT person with 17 years experience after a reading list to get up
    > to speed on Internet security. Any suggestions for regular e-mail updates
    > on security warmly appreciated. Many thanks, CIndy.

    Bug Traq (securityfocus) Full Disclosure (netsys) should get you started.

    Also check this out:

    http://www.darknet.org.uk/content/linkstext.txt

    --

    -+ Shaolin +-
    Discard what is useless, absorb what is not and

    .: http://www.security-forums.com :.
    Lord Shaolin, Oct 1, 2003