  1. fred

    fred Guest

    i need a broadband monitor program, any ideas?
    fred, Feb 24, 2005

  2. fred

    Om_Audio Guest

    Be more specific. There are *many* things someone might wish to monitor.
    Google is your friend too.

    om

    Om_Audio, Feb 24, 2005

  3. fred

    TT Guest

    Just what exactly are you trying to gain from it? Network
    upload/download speeds and trends?

    TT, Feb 24, 2005
  4. fred

    SgtMinor Guest

    fred wrote:
    > i need a broadband monitor program, any ideas?

    If you're looking for DOCSIS 1.0, 1.1, 2.0 and MIB2 standards and an
    efficient SNMP v1 and v2c engine to deliver true multi-vendor cable
    modem and CMTS compatibility, look no further:
    http://www.birds-eye.net/diagnostics/monitor/
    SgtMinor, Feb 24, 2005
  5. fred

    fred Guest

    "Om_Audio" <> wrote in news:VOCdndYXY8QopoDfRVn-
    :

    > Be more specific. There are *many* things someone might wish to monitor.
    > Google is your friend too.
    >
    > om
    >
    > "fred" <123@456.789> wrote in message
    >> i need a broadband monitor program, any ideas?

    I just got in shit from IP for downloading 79 gig and uploading 18 gig so
    far this month.
    fred, Feb 24, 2005
  6. fred

    Guest

    Something like http://www.dumeter.com/ ?

    --
    , Feb 24, 2005
  7. fred

    Plato Guest

    Plato, Feb 24, 2005
  8. fred

    fred Guest

    wrote in

    > On Thu, 24 Feb 2005 04:55:06 GMT, fred <123@456.789> wrote:
    >
    >|> "Om_Audio" <> wrote

    >|> I just got in shit from IP for downloading 79 gig and uploading 18
    >|> gig so far this month.
    >
    > Something like http://www.dumeter.com/ ?

    Perfect, except for the fact it ain't free. I poor. But thanks, it'll do
    for 30 days.
    fred, Feb 24, 2005
  9. fred

    Pete Guest

    >> "fred" <123@456.789> wrote in message
    >>> i need a broadband monitor program, any ideas?

    > I just got in shit from IP for downloading 79 gig and uploading 18 gig so
    > far this month.

    Free bandwidth monitor : Netmeter
    http://readerror.gmxhome.de/

    I've used it from months - works fine.
    Pete, Feb 24, 2005
  10. fred

    fred Guest

    TT <> wrote in news:eek::

    > Just what exactly are you trying to gain from it? Network
    > upload/download speeds and trends?

    Trying to gain a lighter load of crap from my IP. This DU Meter is good
    but not free. They say I have to cut my usage in half or pay $170/month
    just for my internet. I need to cut my usage or at least monitor it better
    instead of "download all". I have 2 weeks to drop my usage before I get my
    pee-pee slapped.
    fred, Feb 24, 2005
  11. fred

    fred Guest

    Plato <|@|.|> wrote in news:421d70a5$0$11370$:

    > fred wrote:
    >>
    >> i need a broadband monitor program, any ideas?

    > http://www.bootdisk.com/bootlist/202.htm#4
    >
    > I got it running 24/7

    thats a 16 bit program, won't run on my system, thanks anyways
    fred, Feb 24, 2005
  12. fred

    fred Guest

    fred, Feb 24, 2005
  13. fred

    Pete Guest

    > "Pete" <> wrote in news:421d7901$0$2778
    > $:
    >
    >> http://readerror.gmxhome.de/

    > which version do u recommend?

    I've been using Version 0.9.9.9 (beta 2) (Build date: 03/04/04)

    HTH
    Pete, Feb 24, 2005
  14. fred

    TT Guest

    On a side note, while you are monitoring your usage, you could go to
    surfjunky.com and sign up for pay as you surf-$.75 an hour. Then go to
    i-Hacked.com and right on the home page is a hack to quickly hide the ads
    so you never see them...just my extra $.02

    TT, Feb 24, 2005
  15. fred wrote:

    > Plato <|@|.|> wrote in news:421d70a5$0$11370$:
    >

    >>fred wrote:
    >>
    >>>i need a broadband monitor program, any ideas?

    >>http://www.bootdisk.com/bootlist/202.htm#4
    >>
    >>I got it running 24/7
    >>

    > thats a 16 bit program, won't run on my system, thanks anyways

    Runs fine on my WinXP system. And I have 16 bits left over.
    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Feb 24, 2005
  16. fred

    Scraggy Guest

    Rôgêr wrote:
    > fred wrote:
    >
    >> Plato <|@|.|> wrote in news:421d70a5$0$11370$:

    >>> http://www.bootdisk.com/bootlist/202.htm#4
    >>>
    >>> I got it running 24/7
    >>>

    >> thats a 16 bit program, won't run on my system, thanks anyways

    > Runs fine on my WinXP system. And I have 16 bits left over.

    Please, refrain from doing this^^^^^, whilst I am drinking tea. Thank you.
    --
    I told his psychiatrist that everyone hates him. He said I was being
    ridiculous - everyone hasn't met him yet. Rodney Dangerfield
    Scraggy, Feb 24, 2005
  17. fred

    fred Guest

    TT <> wrote in news:eek::

    > On a side note, while you are monitoring your usage, you could go
    > surfjunky.com and sign up for pay as you surf-$.75 an hour. Then go
    > to i-Hacked.com and right on the home page is a hack to quickly hide
    > the ads so you never see them...just my extra $.02
    >

    > On Thu, 24 Feb 2005 06:39:32 GMT, fred <123@456.789> wrote:
    >
    >> wrote in

    >>> Something like http://www.dumeter.com/ ?
    >>>

    >> Perfect, except for the fact it ain't free. I poor. But thanks,
    >> it'll do
    >> for 30 days.

    Ummm, that would take, like, money.
    fred, Feb 25, 2005
  18. fred

    fred Guest

    Rôgêr <> wrote in news:iuidnXAPkOzHcIDfRVn-
    :

    > fred wrote:
    >
    >> Plato <|@|.|> wrote in news:421d70a5$0$11370$:

    >>>http://www.bootdisk.com/bootlist/202.htm#4
    >>>
    >>>I got it running 24/7
    >>>

    >> thats a 16 bit program, won't run on my system, thanks anyways

    > Runs fine on my WinXP system. And I have 16 bits left over.

    I did try and it wouldn't run so I dropped it. I got DU Meter and Net
    Meter. They seem to work pretty well. Thanks just the same tho.
    fred, Feb 25, 2005
  19. fred

    TT Guest

    Uhhh...no...they pay you....