    Has anyone seen any study guides or self tests for 70-285? Thats the
    last test I have left for my MCSE 2003: Messaging specialization.

    Thanks

    Jason Clishe, Oct 2, 2004

  2. Jason Clishe

    Neil Guest

    incase you missed it Jason Clishe <>
    said in news::

    > Has anyone seen any study guides or self tests for 70-285? Thats the
    > last test I have left for my MCSE 2003: Messaging specialization.
    >
    > Thanks

    start here:
    http://microsoft.order-6.com/exchevaldl/category.asp?catalog%
    5Fname=MSTrialandEval&category%5Fname=Exchange+Download&Page=1&cookie%
    5Ftest=1

    or

    http://tinyurl.com/23utb

    this is the best...

    --
    Neil MCNGP #30

    Neil, Oct 2, 2004

  3. Jason Clishe

    Jason Clishe Guest

    This is just an evaluation copy of Exchange, I don't see any study
    material for exam 70-285 here.

    JC

    Jason Clishe, Oct 5, 2004
  4. Jason Clishe

    JaR Guest

    In microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse, Jason Clishe climbed on a soapbox &
    opined:

    > This is just an evaluation copy of Exchange, I don't see any study
    > material for exam 70-285 here.

    Well, you didn't say you already had a copy. The software *is* the place to
    start, after all.

    JaR
    Obvious Candidate

    JaR, Oct 5, 2004
  5. Jason Clishe

    TechGeekPro Guest

    On Oct 5, 2004 at 8:53am "Jason Clishe" blathered:

    > This is just an evaluation copy of Exchange, I don't see any study
    > material for exam 70-285 here.

    Uh... isn't using the product the best study material of all? Try this too:
    http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/2003/default.mspx

    --
    TechGeekPro, MCNGP #36
    MCNGP.com - We're here to help!

    TechGeekPro, Oct 5, 2004
  6. Jason Clishe

    said in news::

    > This is just an evaluation copy of Exchange, I don't see any study
    > material for exam 70-285 here.

    how wrong you are. in the eval copy you will find something called books
    on line. in addition you will have the opprotunity actually _USE_ the
    product...

    --
    Neil MCNGP #30

    Neil, Oct 5, 2004
  7. Jason Clishe

    JaR Guest

    > incase you missed it Jason Clishe <>
    > said in news::
    >
    >> This is just an evaluation copy of Exchange, I don't see any study
    >> material for exam 70-285 here.

    > how wrong you are. in the eval copy you will find something called books
    > on line. in addition you will have the opprotunity actually _USE_ the
    > product...

    Why on earth would anyone actually need to _USE_ the product????

    It's not like he was ever going to get a job working with it or anything!

    JaR
    Obvious Candidate

    JaR, Oct 5, 2004
  8. Jason Clishe

    Neil Guest

    incase you missed it JaR <> said in

    > It's not like he was ever going to get a job working with it or anything!

    oh! right...sorry.....dunno what I was thinking....he should try the
    bkcareers page....

    --
    Neil MCNGP #30

    Neil, Oct 5, 2004
  9. Jason Clishe

    Jason Clishe Guest

    On Tue, 05 Oct 2004 13:34:00 -0700, Neil <guess!!!@gmail.com> wrote:

    >incase you missed it JaR <> said in
    >
    >> It's not like he was ever going to get a job working with it or anything!

    >oh! right...sorry.....dunno what I was thinking....he should try the
    >bkcareers page....

    I have been designing and deploying Exchange solutions for about 7
    years. I don't need an evaluation copy of Exchange. What I *would*
    like however, is preparation material for exam 70-285 (as I've said
    twice now) so that I know what to expect on the exam. No Exchange
    installl I've ever done has a study guide for exam 70-285 listed as an
    optional component. Books onlne and firsthand product experience, yes.
    Information regarding exam 70-285, no.

    You have made the assumption that a request for study material for a
    specific exam means the requestor has no experience with the product,
    which clearly is an incorrect assumption. I'd be getting way, way
    ahead of myself if I was beginning preparations for a design exam
    without having even used the product!

    Every Microsoft exam I've ever taken has off-the-wall questions that
    would catch almost anyone off guard, regardless of your experience.
    Which is why it is always prudent to prepare for an exam before you
    take it, regardless how well you think you know a product. It's a
    pretty basic concept, really.

    Jason Clishe, Oct 7, 2004
  10. Jason Clishe

    Neil Guest

    Neil, Oct 7, 2004
  11. Jason Clishe

    said in news::

    > You have made the assumption that a request for study material for a
    > specific exam means the requestor has no experience with the product,

    but it's usually the case here...

    > Every Microsoft exam I've ever taken has off-the-wall questions that
    > would catch almost anyone off guard, regardless of your experience.

    well, if you know what to watch out for (since you've taken a boat load
    of MS exams) you should already be prepared for those bizzare wordings
    and vague questions...

    --
    Neil MCNGP #30

    Neil, Oct 7, 2004
  12. Jason Clishe

    JaR Guest

    In microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse, Jason Clishe climbed on a soapbox &
    opined:

    > On Tue, 05 Oct 2004 13:34:00 -0700, Neil <guess!!!@gmail.com> wrote:
    >
    >>incase you missed it JaR <> said in
    >>
    >>> It's not like he was ever going to get a job working with it or
    >>> anything!

    >>oh! right...sorry.....dunno what I was thinking....he should try the
    >>bkcareers page....

    > I have been designing and deploying Exchange solutions for about 7
    > years. I don't need an evaluation copy of Exchange. What I *would*
    > like however, is preparation material for exam 70-285 (as I've said
    > twice now) so that I know what to expect on the exam. No Exchange
    > installl I've ever done has a study guide for exam 70-285 listed as an
    > optional component. Books onlne and firsthand product experience, yes.
    > Information regarding exam 70-285, no.
    >
    > You have made the assumption that a request for study material for a
    > specific exam means the requestor has no experience with the product,
    > which clearly is an incorrect assumption. I'd be getting way, way
    > ahead of myself if I was beginning preparations for a design exam
    > without having even used the product!
    >
    > Every Microsoft exam I've ever taken has off-the-wall questions that
    > would catch almost anyone off guard, regardless of your experience.
    > Which is why it is always prudent to prepare for an exam before you
    > take it, regardless how well you think you know a product. It's a
    > pretty basic concept, really.

    And you made the assumption that every poster that requests information
    in here has experience with the product. If you had bothered to lurk for
    a few days before posting, you would have read the dozens of lame a$$
    questions from morons that have no prior experience that woke up one day,
    say an ITT Tech ad, and said "Wow! I'm gonna be an MCSE and make
    megabux" If you had prefaced your request with "I have $years experience
    working with $technology, and have decided to pursue certification..."
    you might have gotten a better response. Some very talented folks hang
    out in here, but I'm fairly sure that none are mind readers.

    That being said, googling for *preparation material for exam 70-285* got
    10,700 hits. What more do you want? What did I use? Sygate and the web.
    Would I recommend Sygate? I dunno. Worked for me. Probably won't for you,
    as you seem incapable of doing research, and they are incomplete.

    HTH, HAD.

    JaR
    Thug 22

    JaR, Oct 7, 2004