Any software alternatives to Sockschain?

Discussion in 'Computer Security' started by notta Prox Jox, Feb 8, 2004.

  1. I have a number for questions about proxies, hopfully I won't get flamed.

    What is there besides Sockschain? That's about the only one I ever see
    mentioned browsing google.

    What software is running on the remote proxy server for it to be used as
    a proxy? Sockscap or something else?

    What software would you use on a windows system to make it available on
    the net as a socks proxy?

    What port is used on the remote server? I see people saying port 1080 or
    1081 for socks, is this the port you proxy to?

    Somtimes you see ports 80 & 8080 used as proxies. Can they be chained?

    What is better. Socks proxies or HTTP proxies and does sockscap work
    with HTTP proxies?

    The proxies that are considered elite, why is that? SSL or SSH? What is
    the differents between anon & elite anon?

    Can elite proxies be either socks or HTTP proxies?

    What port does Sockscap connect to on the remote computer?

    What ports do you manually scan on a remote socks proxy server to see if
    it is a proxie or if it allows chaining?

    What are wingate proxies? Are they better, and what do I need to do in
    order use them?

    If I want to scan for proxies myself. What ports to I check?

    Thanks for any help in continuing my education on proxies.

    notta Prox Jox, Feb 8, 2004

  2. notta Prox Jox

    Eric Guest

    For SSL and SSH - check out Mocana's products (www.mocana.com). Small,
    fast, reusable, and work on any os and any chip

    Eric, Feb 12, 2004