    I want to get my wife a small digital, and we've decided on Sony. Problem
    is they have a bunch of Cybershots. Does anyone have one and, if so, what
    do you like about it? thanks

    HOOVER, Sep 16, 2006

  2. HOOVER

    Bob Williams Guest

    HOOVER wrote:
    > I want to get my wife a small digital, and we've decided on Sony. Problem
    > is they have a bunch of Cybershots. Does anyone have one and, if so, what
    > do you like about it? thanks

    What made you decide on a particular BRAND of camera rather than a set
    of features that you want in a camera. That seems a rather odd way to
    select a digital camera.
    It may be OK for selecting a TV set because the feature set on TV sets
    is so similar but Sony is alleged to have a better display. (A claim
    that I have never been able to confirm with my own sets).
    But with digicams, the feature sets vary all over the place.
    Bob Williams

    Bob Williams, Sep 16, 2006

  3. "HOOVER" <> wrote in message

    >I want to get my wife a small digital, and we've decided on Sony. Problem
    >is they have a bunch of Cybershots. Does anyone have one and, if so, what
    >do you like about it? thanks

    My partner swears by her T9. She got a coolpix S6 (I'm a Nikon DSLR user so
    suggested she get a coolpix) but hated it so switched it for the T9 which
    she much prefers.

    Adrian Boliston, Sep 16, 2006
  4. HOOVER

    Shawn Hirn Guest

    In article <9OVOg.12479$Tl4.8824@dukeread06>,
    "HOOVER" <> wrote:

    > I want to get my wife a small digital, and we've decided on Sony. Problem
    > is they have a bunch of Cybershots. Does anyone have one and, if so, what
    > do you like about it? thanks

    I bought a Sony DSC-W100 last June and I am thrilled with it.

    Shawn Hirn, Sep 17, 2006
  5. HOOVER

    Ron Hunter Guest

    HOOVER wrote:
    > I want to get my wife a small digital, and we've decided on Sony. Problem
    > is they have a bunch of Cybershots. Does anyone have one and, if so, what
    > do you like about it? thanks

    My niece seems very happy with the T5 model her husband recently got
    her. Although it has nice features, it lacks a viewfinder which is a
    deal-breaker for me.

    Ron Hunter, Sep 17, 2006
  6. HOOVER

    Pete D Guest

    "HOOVER" <> wrote in message
    >I want to get my wife a small digital, and we've decided on Sony. Problem
    >is they have a bunch of Cybershots. Does anyone have one and, if so, what
    >do you like about it? thanks

    I have a V1 as a second compact camera and it takes a pretty good shot.

    Pete D, Sep 17, 2006
  7. HOOVER

    irwell Guest

    On Sun, 17 Sep 2006 00:45:34 -0400, Shawn Hirn <>
    wrote:

    >In article <9OVOg.12479$Tl4.8824@dukeread06>,
    > "HOOVER" <> wrote:
    >
    >> I want to get my wife a small digital, and we've decided on Sony. Problem
    >> is they have a bunch of Cybershots. Does anyone have one and, if so, what
    >> do you like about it? thanks

    >I bought a Sony DSC-W100 last June and I am thrilled with it.

    Ditto, before that the Sony W1.
    Rugged with lots of features, pocketable
    with a 2.5 inch display, and a View finder.

    irwell, Sep 17, 2006