    --
    To reply, take NOSPAM out of my email address.

    , Sep 15, 2003

  2. madknoxie Guest

    In article <>,
    wrote:

    > Hi all
    >
    > I need to host a few simple pages on a web site. Can anyone recommend
    > a good and, of course, reasonably priced ISP which does web hosting,
    > domain name registration and e-mail addresses for a small business
    > which I am setting up.

    iVISION: http://www.ivision.co.nz/

    But then I would say that... :)

    --
    madknoxie

    madknoxie, Sep 15, 2003

  3. Matt B Guest

    In news:,
    <> wrote:
    > Hi all
    >
    > I need to host a few simple pages on a web site. Can anyone recommend
    > a good and, of course, reasonably priced ISP which does web hosting,
    > domain name registration and e-mail addresses for a small business
    > which I am setting up.
    >
    > Thanks

    http://www.freeparking.biz/

    Not an ISP, but - more a WPP...
    Never had any complaints about their service.

    --
    Regards,

    Matt B
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people.
    Those who get binary...
    And those who don't.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

    Matt B, Sep 15, 2003
  4. max Guest

    On Mon, 15 Sep 2003 20:01:13 +1200, wrote:

    >Hi all
    >
    >I need to host a few simple pages on a web site. Can anyone recommend
    >a good and, of course, reasonably priced ISP which does web hosting,
    >domain name registration and e-mail addresses for a small business
    >which I am setting up.
    >
    >Thanks

    You are looking for a Webhost, and there is a good list of them here
    http://www.netguide.co.nz/isp_directory/index.php?directory=hosting

    max, Sep 15, 2003
  5. KS Guest

    wrote:
    > Hi all
    >
    > I need to host a few simple pages on a web site. Can anyone recommend
    > a good and, of course, reasonably priced ISP which does web hosting,
    > domain name registration and e-mail addresses for a small business
    > which I am setting up.

    www.2day.com

    NZ, living in Takapuna (that's in Auckland btw).

    KS, Sep 16, 2003
  6. Brett Cooper Guest

    On Tue, 16 Sep 2003 11:19:51 +1200, "KS" <>
    wrote:

    > wrote:
    >> Hi all
    >>
    >> I need to host a few simple pages on a web site. Can anyone recommend
    >> a good and, of course, reasonably priced ISP which does web hosting,
    >> domain name registration and e-mail addresses for a small business
    >> which I am setting up.

    >www.2day.com
    >
    >NZ, living in Takapuna (that's in Auckland btw).

    I would have to say http://www.iserve.co.nz/
    They have cheap urls and free email and webpage redirection.
    So if your isp has free webspace, you can point to it.

    Brett

    Brett Cooper, Sep 16, 2003
  7. Guest

    I've looked at the site, which I must admit looks good, But after
    telephoning the 0800, the content and tone of the recorded
    announcement requesting that I leave a message so that 'John' will get
    back, tells me that this is a one man operation without any proper
    sales department. So I'm looking elsewhere. I do really need an ISP
    that is definitely a professionally run operation that has out of
    hours support - even if it has music-on-hold :)

    Thanks for the input though.

    --
    To reply, take NOSPAM out of my email address.

    , Sep 16, 2003
  8. Matt B Guest

    In news:,
    <> wrote:

    > On Tue, 16 Sep 2003 07:05:49 +1200, Peter <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >> this quote is from Matt B of Mon, 15 Sep 2003 21:12 :
    >>>
    >>> http://www.freeparking.biz/

    >> aka www.webfarm.co.nz
    >>
    >> They're pretty good.
    >> (I'm a customer, but not otherwise associated with them.)
    >>

    >> Peter

    > Yes, I agree. From their web site they seem to offer a good package -
    > just what I am after actually. However, there is no 0800 number to
    > contact them on and as they are in New Plymouth, they clearly are only
    > after local customers - I live in Auckland. Shame really as they look
    > really good.

    They are. Never had any need to speak to anyone on the phone - email support
    is superb. F'rinstance I emailed late (around 11) on a Sat nite re a
    password problem and got a reply - and a fix - before I'd finished my
    beer...

    (problem was my fault, not theirs - my password generator had put in an
    ampersand - I didn't notice)

    (FreeParking is the "budget" arm of WebFarm, BTW...)

    --
    Regards,

    Matt B
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people.
    Those who get binary...
    And those who don't.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

    Matt B, Sep 16, 2003
  9. max Guest

    On Tue, 16 Sep 2003 17:32:13 +1200, wrote:

    >Yes, I agree. From their web site they seem to offer a good package -
    >just what I am after actually. However, there is no 0800 number to
    >contact them on and as they are in New Plymouth, they clearly are only
    >after local customers - I live in Auckland. Shame really as they look
    >really good.
    >

    >Thanks for the reply.
    >

    >On Tue, 16 Sep 2003 07:05:49 +1200, Peter <>
    >wrote:
    >
    >>this quote is from Matt B of Mon, 15 Sep 2003 21:12 :
    >>>
    >>> http://www.freeparking.biz/

    >>aka www.webfarm.co.nz
    >>
    >>They're pretty good.
    >>(I'm a customer, but not otherwise associated with them.)
    >>

    >>Peter

    If you want an 0800 number, your best bet is xtra. Web farm do use
    overseas servers, and are the same company as freeparking, which also
    offers hosting. I would be looking for a NZ host. Why may I ask do you
    want a phonenumber, as I find the best way of communication is email
    for that type of thing. Basically if they offer a 0800 number, you
    will be payng extra for it anyway, as they have to pay for all those
    customers who decide to use their cell phones, as well as the extra
    phone operators to deal with you. Often the person on the other end of
    the phone knows very little about the technical side of hosting, but
    when communicating by email, you are ususally talking to a technical
    person.

    max, Sep 16, 2003
  10. T.N.O. Guest

    <> wrote
    > I've looked at the site, which I must admit looks good, But after
    > telephoning the 0800, the content and tone of the recorded
    > announcement requesting that I leave a message so that 'John' will get
    > back, tells me that this is a one man operation without any proper
    > sales department. So I'm looking elsewhere. I do really need an ISP
    > that is definitely a professionally run operation that has out of
    > hours support - even if it has music-on-hold :)

    Well I have always found John to be great... but anyway

    T.N.O., Sep 16, 2003
  11. T.N.O. Guest

    "me here" wrote
    > I am using utopia

    Does it warp the time space continuim?

    check your clock :)

    T.N.O., Sep 17, 2003
  12. max Guest

    On Tue, 16 Sep 2003 18:31:56 +1200, wrote:

    >I'm afraid I'm of the 'old school', where I like to talk to a real
    >person at the point of a sale as there are plenty of questions that
    >arise during a conversation. Also there is a lot of 'gut feeling' that
    >can be picked up from the tone of the conversation, which can't be
    >accurately be transmitted via the written word (aka e-mail).
    >
    >One reason why I don't go with Xtra, is because of their unfriendly
    >attitude when I have spoken to them about web hosting - maybe I was
    >unlucky with that particular salesperson, but I HAVE to feel
    >comfortable with any person whom I am doing business with, especially
    >if they are a supplier. Hence I need that personal contact, which
    >unfortunately is lacking with the modern day electronic means of
    >communication.
    >
    >Thanks

    Fair enough, why do they need to have an 0800 number? I have just
    joined a hosting company, and they do actually provide an 0800 number,
    however I haven't yet been able to get through, as it is just a
    message. They also don't reply to my phone messages. I do get replies
    though from email, as it is handled by a different person. Personally
    if I had questions that could only be answered by phone, I wouldn't
    mind paying a toll call, if they are able to keep their prices low.

    max, Sep 17, 2003
  13. max Guest

    On Tue, 16 Sep 2003 17:32:11 +1200, wrote:

    >I've looked at the site, which I must admit looks good, But after
    >telephoning the 0800, the content and tone of the recorded
    >announcement requesting that I leave a message so that 'John' will get
    >back, tells me that this is a one man operation without any proper
    >sales department. So I'm looking elsewhere. I do really need an ISP
    >that is definitely a professionally run operation that has out of
    >hours support - even if it has music-on-hold :)
    >
    >Thanks for the input though.
    >

    >On Mon, 15 Sep 2003 20:46:05 +1200, madknoxie
    ><> wrote:
    >
    >>In article <>,
    >> wrote:
    >>
    >>> Hi all
    >>>
    >>> I need to host a few simple pages on a web site. Can anyone recommend
    >>> a good and, of course, reasonably priced ISP which does web hosting,
    >>> domain name registration and e-mail addresses for a small business
    >>> which I am setting up.

    >>iVISION: http://www.ivision.co.nz/
    >>
    >>But then I would say that... :)

    I think they resell iserve hosting and domain registration services.
    You may want to try out the source at iserve.co.nz. I am all for
    supporting small nz companies, even if they are only a one man op.

    max, Sep 18, 2003
  14. madknoxie Guest

    In article <>,
    max <> wrote:

    > I think they resell iserve hosting and domain registration services.
    > You may want to try out the source at iserve.co.nz. I am all for
    > supporting small nz companies, even if they are only a one man op.

    Yep well spotted, we are an iServe reseller but it means we can offer
    prices lower than iServe on their own products and we know all/most of
    our customers on a first name basis, which I think is rewarding for both
    us and our clients.

    --
    madknoxie

    madknoxie, Sep 18, 2003