    Thanks for your help.
    --
    alan
    *alan*, Sep 23, 2007

  2. *alan*

    who'sthat Guest

    On Sun, 23 Sep 2007 01:53:23 GMT, "*alan*" <>
    wrote:

    >In order to download youtube videos, I've tried a couple of online
    >converters. One of them (vixy) seems to do a pretty good job, but it seems
    >to have server issues and works only half the time. The other
    >(convertdirect), has never worked.
    >It's occurred to me that there's probably a few people who read this group
    >who've experimented with other online converters, and that I should take
    >advantage of their experience.
    >So --- any recommendations for online conversion that works well (and
    >relatively consistently) ?
    >Thanks for your help.

    Google Total Video Converter and use that. The cracks are all over the
    place.
    The one problem with it is it will take over all your videos. You'll
    have to go back and change each one to the program you had before. No
    big deal if you want to convert .flv files. It will also work with the
    ones from sites other than YouTube.
    who'sthat, Sep 23, 2007

  3. *alan*

    Scraggy Guest

    *alan* wrote:
    > In order to download youtube videos, I've tried a couple of online
    > converters. One of them (vixy) seems to do a pretty good job, but it
    > seems to have server issues and works only half the time. The other
    > (convertdirect), has never worked.
    > It's occurred to me that there's probably a few people who read this
    > group who've experimented with other online converters, and that I
    > should take advantage of their experience.
    > So --- any recommendations for online conversion that works well (and
    > relatively consistently) ?
    > Thanks for your help.

    Download using a site such as http://javimoya.com/blog/youtube_en.php

    then convert using Super http://www.erightsoft.com/SUPER.html an excellent
    little free file converter program. It will allow you to, for instance,
    extract an mp3 track from a video.

    hth

    members. Groucho Marx
    Scraggy, Sep 23, 2007
  4. *alan*

    Kenny Guest

    Free Download Manager will let you save You Tube etc. videos.
    http://www.freedownloadmanager.org/
    For converting Flash videos I use AdShareit SWF2 Video:
    http://rbytes.net/software/adshareit-swf-to-video-convert-review/
    //r.net/software/adshareit-swf-to-video-convert-review/ADShareit.com
    SWF2Video Converter Pro.lnkADShareit SWF to Video Converter Pro 4.8.6 review
    ADShareit SWF to AVI VCD DVD SVCD Converter ProDShareit SWF to AVI VCD DVD
    SVCD Converter Pro
    Kenny Cargill

    Kenny, Sep 23, 2007
  5. *alan*

    ded Guest

    "*alan*" <> wrote in message
    > In order to download youtube videos, I've tried a couple of online
    > converters. One of them (vixy) seems to do a pretty good job, but it seems
    > to have server issues and works only half the time. The other
    > (convertdirect), has never worked.
    > It's occurred to me that there's probably a few people who read this group
    > who've experimented with other online converters, and that I should take
    > advantage of their experience.
    > So --- any recommendations for online conversion that works well (and
    > relatively consistently) ?
    > Thanks for your help.
    > --
    > alan

    Paste the YouTube URL
    Select what conversion you require (AVI, DivX etc)
    Then convert and download
    http://vixy.net/
    ded, Sep 23, 2007
  6. *alan*

    olfart Guest

    "ded" <> wrote in message

    > "*alan*" <> wrote in message
    >> In order to download youtube videos, I've tried a couple of online
    >> converters. One of them (vixy) seems to do a pretty good job, but it
    >> seems to have server issues and works only half the time. The other
    >> (convertdirect), has never worked.
    >> It's occurred to me that there's probably a few people who read this
    >> group who've experimented with other online converters, and that I should
    >> take advantage of their experience.
    >> So --- any recommendations for online conversion that works well (and
    >> relatively consistently) ?
    >> Thanks for your help.
    >> --
    >> alan

    > Paste the YouTube URL
    > Select what conversion you require (AVI, DivX etc)
    > Then convert and download
    > http://vixy.net/

    or.....
    download with ORBIT