    stores. I really really hate to give my money to Walmart, so hope there
    are others who deliver the goods quickly.

    Thanks.
    futureworlds, Jul 31, 2004

  2. futureworlds

    Joe Kaffe Guest

    "futureworlds" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > I badly want to drop out of Netflix because of their intentional slowdown
    > tactics, but not sure if there is a viable alternative.
    >
    > Earlier posts of GamezNFlix experiences range from bad to worse,

    especially
    > in shipping speed. Do any of you have recent (last month or so)

    experience
    > with them? If so, how long does it take, normally, to get a disc from

    them
    > and how long does it take for them to acknowledge receit of a disc after

    it
    > goes out in the mail? (It'd be helpful if you give your location.)
    >
    > Also interested if any of you have had experience with other online rental
    > stores. I really really hate to give my money to Walmart, so hope there
    > are others who deliver the goods quickly.

    Blockbuster just started an online rental service with the main difference
    between it and Netflix being price. Blockbuster is a bit less. Additionally,
    Blockbuster will throw in 2 free rentals per month from one of their
    outlets. I just signed up for a free 2 week trial, so I can't compare turn
    around time to that of Netflix.

    Blockbuster also has a plan at their retail stores. $24.95/mo -- no late
    fees -- no monthly limit, but only two out at a time. (I believe this is
    available nationally.)
    Joe Kaffe, Aug 1, 2004