    Starkey Guest

    Lately i have been having probs with nero is there any other programs
    out there i can use, burning data images etc

    Starkey, Oct 20, 2004

  2. Starkey

    Collector_NZ Guest

    Starkey said the following on 20/10/2004 17:33:
    > Lately i have been having probs with nero is there any other programs
    > out there i can use, burning data images etc

    NTI CD Burning, several OS types as well but there interface is usually
    not a friendly

    Collector_NZ, Oct 20, 2004

  3. Starkey

    Geronimo Guest

    On Wed, 20 Oct 2004 17:33:30 +1300, Starkey <> wrote:

    >Lately i have been having probs with nero is there any other programs
    >out there i can use, burning data images etc

    >http://www.newsfeeds.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! >100,000 Newsgroups
    >---= East/West-Coast Server Farms - Total Privacy via Encryption =---

    Its the best program out..

    Sort it out..

    Alcohol & CloneCD will stuff it up..

    Geronimo, Oct 20, 2004
  4. Starkey

    Sharknwfk Guest

    "Starkey" <> wrote in message
    > Lately i have been having probs with nero is there any other programs
    > out there i can use, burning data images etc

    If you're using XP then CDBurnerXP Pro.

    It's free!

    --
    Sharknwfk

    Sharknwfk, Oct 20, 2004
  5. Starkey

    Geronimo Guest

    On Wed, 20 Oct 2004 18:16:44 +1300, "Sharknwfk" <> wrote:

    >"Starkey" <> wrote in message
    >> Lately i have been having probs with nero is there any other programs
    >> out there i can use, burning data images etc

    >If you're using XP then CDBurnerXP Pro.
    >
    >It's free!

    Yes and Utter Crap..

    Geronimo, Oct 20, 2004
  6. Starkey

    Dave Taylor Guest

    Starkey <> wrote in

    > Lately i have been having probs with nero is there any other programs
    > out there i can use, burning data images etc

    Go to nero.com and download the latest version for your series. I would
    try to fix nero as other stuff is just not as good IMHO.

    --
    Ciao, Dave

    Dave Taylor, Oct 20, 2004
  7. Starkey

    EMB Guest

    Geronimo wrote:

    > Alcohol & CloneCD will stuff it up..

    Alcohol has certainly stuffed you up.

    --
    EMB
    change two to the number to reply

    EMB, Oct 20, 2004
  8. Starkey

    Starkey Guest

    On Wed, 20 Oct 2004 18:00:17 +1300, Geronimo
    <> wrote:

    >On Wed, 20 Oct 2004 17:33:30 +1300, Starkey <> wrote:
    >
    >>Lately i have been having probs with nero is there any other programs
    >>out there i can use, burning data images etc

    >>http://www.newsfeeds.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! >100,000 Newsgroups
    >>---= East/West-Coast Server Farms - Total Privacy via Encryption =---

    >Its the best program out..
    >
    >Sort it out..
    >
    >Alcohol & CloneCD will stuff it up..

    I have alcohol installed nero always worked

    Starkey, Oct 20, 2004
  9. Starkey

    Harry Guest

    Starkey wrote:

    > Lately i have been having probs with nero is there any other programs
    > out there i can use, burning data images etc

    cdrecord
    growisofs

    Harry, Oct 20, 2004
  10. Starkey

    Jason M Guest

    wrote:

    >Lately i have been having probs with nero is there any other programs
    >out there i can use, burning data images etc

    I was using Nero to back up files on a friends computer, and it kept
    having errors, messing up the CDs and wanting more CDs for extra data,
    The CDs were unreadable but Windows just gave an unhelpful error
    message implying that the CD drive was not working.

    It turns out that there was a 4 Gigabyte JPG file that it was trying
    to write to the CD. Nero could have been slightly more helpful in
    commenting about that huge (and corrupted) file, but once I deleted
    the file, all was well.

    Jason M, Oct 20, 2004
  11. Starkey

    Steve Guest

    Starkey wrote:
    > Lately i have been having probs with nero is there any other programs
    > out there i can use, burning data images etc

    > http://www.newsfeeds.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! >100,000 Newsgroups

    k3b

    Steve, Oct 20, 2004
  12. Starkey

    nick Guest

    http://www.burnatonce.com/

    nick, Oct 20, 2004
  13. Starkey

    GraB Guest

    On Wed, 20 Oct 2004 09:27:53 GMT, (Jason M)
    wrote:

    >On Wed, 20 Oct 2004 17:33:30 +1300, Starkey <>
    >wrote:
    >
    >>Lately i have been having probs with nero is there any other programs
    >>out there i can use, burning data images etc

    >I was using Nero to back up files on a friends computer, and it kept
    >having errors, messing up the CDs and wanting more CDs for extra data,
    >The CDs were unreadable but Windows just gave an unhelpful error
    >message implying that the CD drive was not working.
    >
    >It turns out that there was a 4 Gigabyte JPG file that it was trying
    >to write to the CD. Nero could have been slightly more helpful in
    >commenting about that huge (and corrupted) file, but once I deleted
    >the file, all was well.

    That must be the biggest JPG file in the world.

    GraB, Oct 20, 2004
  14. Starkey

    Geronimo Guest

    On Wed, 20 Oct 2004 23:22:57 +1300, GraB <> wrote:

    >On Wed, 20 Oct 2004 09:27:53 GMT, (Jason M)
    >wrote:
    >
    >>On Wed, 20 Oct 2004 17:33:30 +1300, Starkey <>
    >>wrote:
    >>
    >>>Lately i have been having probs with nero is there any other programs
    >>>out there i can use, burning data images etc

    >>I was using Nero to back up files on a friends computer, and it kept
    >>having errors, messing up the CDs and wanting more CDs for extra data,
    >>The CDs were unreadable but Windows just gave an unhelpful error
    >>message implying that the CD drive was not working.
    >>
    >>It turns out that there was a 4 Gigabyte JPG file that it was trying
    >>to write to the CD. Nero could have been slightly more helpful in
    >>commenting about that huge (and corrupted) file, but once I deleted
    >>the file, all was well.

    >That must be the biggest JPG file in the world.

    Nero has a tool bar at the bottom and will show how big the files you are
    trying to burn..

    It also warns you if the files will not fit onto the CD..

    So I can't see any problem..

    Geronimo, Oct 20, 2004
  15. In article <> in nz.comp on
    Wed, 20 Oct 2004 17:33:30 +1300, Starkey <> says...
    > Lately i have been having probs with nero is there any other programs
    > out there i can use, burning data images etc

    cdrecord/mkisofs, but they're quirky, have not yet been able to make a XP
    bootable CD image with mkisofs

    Patrick Dunford, Oct 20, 2004
  16. In article <uMqdd.13156$> in nz.comp on Wed, 20
    Oct 2004 23:05:57 +1300, nick <> says...

    > "Starkey" <> wrote in message
    > > Lately i have been having probs with nero is there any other programs
    > > out there i can use, burning data images etc

    > > News==----
    > > http://www.newsfeeds.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! >100,000
    > > Newsgroups
    > > ---= East/West-Coast Server Farms - Total Privacy via Encryption =---

    > http://www.burnatonce.com/

    A mkisofs/cdrecord front end. Warning: mkisofs can be quirky and
    difficult to configure.

    Patrick Dunford, Oct 20, 2004
  17. Yes "Rape and Pillage" is the latest game and comes complete with Nero
    Torture. For just a few bucks you can upgrade to Caligula Torture.

    Andrei Sharko, Oct 20, 2004
  18. >
    > That must be the biggest JPG file in the world.

    Yes it was - it showed a 60 person orgy in full colour and needed a
    king-size sheet to print it on.

    Andrei Sharko, Oct 20, 2004
  19. Starkey

    Jason M Guest

    On Wed, 20 Oct 2004 23:29:07 +1300, Geronimo
    <> wrote:

    >On Wed, 20 Oct 2004 23:22:57 +1300, GraB <> wrote:
    >
    >>On Wed, 20 Oct 2004 09:27:53 GMT, (Jason M)
    >>wrote:

    >>>I was using Nero to back up files on a friends computer, and it kept
    >>>having errors, messing up the CDs and wanting more CDs for extra data,
    >>>The CDs were unreadable but Windows just gave an unhelpful error
    >>>message implying that the CD drive was not working.
    >>>
    >>>It turns out that there was a 4 Gigabyte JPG file that it was trying
    >>>to write to the CD. Nero could have been slightly more helpful in
    >>>commenting about that huge (and corrupted) file, but once I deleted
    >>>the file, all was well.

    >>That must be the biggest JPG file in the world.

    Yeah there was not a lot of compression.

    >Nero has a tool bar at the bottom and will show how big the files you are
    >trying to burn..
    >
    >It also warns you if the files will not fit onto the CD..
    >
    >So I can't see any problem..

    I've never used Nero before today.
    You may be right, but I'm damned if I could see any such warning, and
    nor could the guy who has been using it all year.
    All it showed was a bar that showed 600 megabytes selected when in
    fact there were over 4 gigabytes selected.
    It asked for and stuffed up three CDs while trying to write that large
    file. Apart from that it seems to be quite a good program so I'll
    probably use it myself.

    Jason M, Oct 20, 2004
  20. Starkey

    Geronimo Guest

    On Wed, 20 Oct 2004 11:34:52 GMT, (Jason M) wrote:

    >On Wed, 20 Oct 2004 23:29:07 +1300, Geronimo
    ><> wrote:
    >
    >>On Wed, 20 Oct 2004 23:22:57 +1300, GraB <> wrote:

    >>>That must be the biggest JPG file in the world.

    >Yeah there was not a lot of compression.
    >
    >>Nero has a tool bar at the bottom and will show how big the files you are
    >>trying to burn..
    >>
    >>It also warns you if the files will not fit onto the CD..
    >>
    >>So I can't see any problem..

    >I've never used Nero before today.
    >You may be right, but I'm damned if I could see any such warning, and
    >nor could the guy who has been using it all year.
    >All it showed was a bar that showed 600 megabytes selected when in
    >fact there were over 4 gigabytes selected.
    >It asked for and stuffed up three CDs while trying to write that large
    >file. Apart from that it seems to be quite a good program so I'll
    >probably use it myself.

    What version are you using..?

    Plus you can also Select DVD and the Size bar at the bottom changes to show
    the larger format.

    Plus the size bar has 2 coloured pointers, the preferred size of the CD
    /DVD Limits that you wish to use..

    These are set in Preferences and also the Overburn option..

    Did you run Nero from Nero or from one of the Easy Shells.?

    Its far better to run Nero from Nero..

    Geronimo, Oct 20, 2004