    Thanks,
    Mark

    Signature: http://www.mydebt-management.com

    marktaylor196, Nov 23, 2006

  2. marktaylor196 wrote:
    > Hi all,
    >
    > Does anyone know of a program that will improve picture quality? I am
    > talking about pictures I h
    > have already taking it. Is thre anything more advanced then Adobe
    > Photo Shop or Picassa, which
    > will dramatically improve the picture quality? Almost creating a new
    > picture? Any suggestion would
    > be much appreciated.
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Mark
    >
    > Signature: http://www.mydebt-management.com

    If you can't improve them with Photoshop, they can't be improved!

    Dennis Pogson, Nov 23, 2006

  3. marktaylor196

    bugbear Guest

    marktaylor196 wrote:
    > Hi all,
    >
    > Does anyone know of a program that will improve picture quality? I am
    > talking about pictures I h
    > have already taking it. Is thre anything more advanced then Adobe
    > Photo Shop or Picassa, which
    > will dramatically improve the picture quality? Almost creating a new
    > picture? Any suggestion would
    > be much appreciated.

    Are you talk about sharpness, colour, composition,
    shape, tone - what do you want?

    BugBear

    bugbear, Nov 23, 2006
  4. marktaylor196

    bmoag Guest

    If you write to CSI they will probably let you have a copy of the software
    they use on the show to get detailed enlargements of faces and license
    plates from tiny parts of video tape images.

    bmoag, Nov 23, 2006
  5. marktaylor196

    Phil Wheeler Guest

    Dennis Pogson wrote:
    > marktaylor196 wrote:
    >> Hi all,
    >>
    >> Does anyone know of a program that will improve picture quality? I am
    >> talking about pictures I h
    >> have already taking it. Is thre anything more advanced then Adobe
    >> Photo Shop or Picassa, which
    >> will dramatically improve the picture quality? Almost creating a new
    >> picture? Any suggestion would
    >> be much appreciated.
    >>
    >> Thanks,
    >> Mark
    >>
    >> Signature: http://www.mydebt-management.com

    > If you can't improve them with Photoshop, they can't be improved!

    Wrong. Better to say "If they can't be improved
    with Photoshop, they can't be improved."

    Not all are equal in using Photoshop, and I am
    among the worst ;-)

    Phil

    Phil Wheeler, Nov 23, 2006
  6. marktaylor196

    Phil Wheeler Guest

    bmoag wrote:
    > If you write to CSI they will probably let you have a copy of the software
    > they use on the show to get detailed enlargements of faces and license
    > plates from tiny parts of video tape images.

    Love it! What they do is "uncredible" ;-)

    Phil

    Phil Wheeler, Nov 23, 2006
  7. marktaylor196

    Gerald Place Guest

    Apart from Genuine Fractals for re-sizing, no...

    Gerald

    Gerald Place, Nov 24, 2006
  8. marktaylor196

    Roy G Guest

    > Hi all,
    >
    > Does anyone know of a program that will improve picture quality? I am
    > talking about pictures I h
    > have already taking it. Is thre anything more advanced then Adobe
    > Photo Shop or Picassa, which
    > will dramatically improve the picture quality? Almost creating a new
    > picture? Any suggestion would
    > be much appreciated.
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Mark
    >
    > Signature: http://www.mydebt-management.com

    Hi.

    No program is going to improve picture quality.

    An eperienced photographer might well do so using any one of a number of
    programs.

    Roy G

    Roy G, Nov 24, 2006
  9. marktaylor196

    teflon Guest

    > Hi all,
    >
    > Does anyone know of a program that will improve picture quality?

    Photoshop is the industry standard - the the support base is huge. It is the
    only one you will seriously need to use. Even an old copy will do.

    I will also suggest that photographers should save time and get the very
    best from their cameras in the first place before they "improve" things with
    software. I'm not suggesting you don't.

    teflon, Mar 26, 2007
  10. marktaylor196

    ray Guest

    On Mon, 26 Mar 2007 01:58:51 +0000, teflon wrote:

    >> Hi all,
    >>
    >> Does anyone know of a program that will improve picture quality?

    > Photoshop is the industry standard - the the support base is huge. It is the
    > only one you will seriously need to use. Even an old copy will do.
    >
    > I will also suggest that photographers should save time and get the very
    > best from their cameras in the first place before they "improve" things with
    > software. I'm not suggesting you don't.

    No program will do a hell of a lot to improve picture quality unless you
    know how to use it. IMHO photoshop has a very steep learning curve - most
    folks seem to find it necessary to take a class or two in order to learn
    to use it. I think there are other more intuitive programs which, though
    possibly less comprehensive, will do all you would normally need.

    ray, Mar 26, 2007
  11. On Sun, 25 Mar 2007 21:15:29 -0600, ray <> wrote:

    >On Mon, 26 Mar 2007 01:58:51 +0000, teflon wrote:
    >
    >>> Hi all,
    >>>
    >>> Does anyone know of a program that will improve picture quality?

    >> Photoshop is the industry standard - the the support base is huge. It is the
    >> only one you will seriously need to use. Even an old copy will do.
    >>
    >> I will also suggest that photographers should save time and get the very
    >> best from their cameras in the first place before they "improve" things with
    >> software. I'm not suggesting you don't.

    >No program will do a hell of a lot to improve picture quality unless you
    >know how to use it. IMHO photoshop has a very steep learning curve - most
    >folks seem to find it necessary to take a class or two in order to learn
    >to use it. I think there are other more intuitive programs which, though
    >possibly less comprehensive, will do all you would normally need.

    I disagree. PS can be learned enough to make really effective use of
    it with any of several good guides.

    Oliver Costich, Mar 26, 2007
  12. marktaylor196

    Andy Guest

    "teflon" <> wrote in message
    >> Hi all,
    >>
    >> Does anyone know of a program that will improve picture quality?

    > Photoshop is the industry standard - the the support base is huge. It is
    > the
    > only one you will seriously need to use. Even an old copy will do.
    >
    > I will also suggest that photographers should save time and get the very
    > best from their cameras in the first place before they "improve" things
    > with
    > software. I'm not suggesting you don't.

    Picasa works great, and can be had from Google for free...Does
    everything that I need in my picture needs.>

    Andy, Mar 26, 2007
  13. marktaylor196

    ray Guest

    On Mon, 26 Mar 2007 02:45:59 -0400, Oliver Costich wrote:

    >>> Photoshop is the industry standard - the the support base is huge. It is the
    >>> only one you will seriously need to use. Even an old copy will do.
    >>>
    >>> I will also suggest that photographers should save time and get the very
    >>> best from their cameras in the first place before they "improve" things with
    >>> software. I'm not suggesting you don't.

    >>No program will do a hell of a lot to improve picture quality unless you
    >>know how to use it. IMHO photoshop has a very steep learning curve - most
    >>folks seem to find it necessary to take a class or two in order to learn
    >>to use it. I think there are other more intuitive programs which, though
    >>possibly less comprehensive, will do all you would normally need.

    > I disagree. PS can be learned enough to make really effective use of
    > it with any of several good guides.

    'good guides' being the operative terms. One should be able to do basic
    operations without a guide.

    ray, Mar 26, 2007
  14. marktaylor196

    Marvin Guest

    ray wrote:
    > On Mon, 26 Mar 2007 01:58:51 +0000, teflon wrote:
    >
    >>> Hi all,
    >>>
    >>> Does anyone know of a program that will improve picture quality?

    >> Photoshop is the industry standard - the the support base is huge. It is the
    >> only one you will seriously need to use. Even an old copy will do.
    >>
    >> I will also suggest that photographers should save time and get the very
    >> best from their cameras in the first place before they "improve" things with
    >> software. I'm not suggesting you don't.

    > No program will do a hell of a lot to improve picture quality unless you
    > know how to use it. IMHO photoshop has a very steep learning curve - most
    > folks seem to find it necessary to take a class or two in order to learn
    > to use it. I think there are other more intuitive programs which, though
    > possibly less comprehensive, will do all you would normally need.

    Corel Paint Shop Pro is competitive with Photoshop, and it
    costs much less. It takes time to learn to use it fully,
    but iyt alos has one-click operations for the basic tasks.
    There are helpful discussion groups for the various versions
    that you can sign up for - through Corel's site as I recall.
    You can download the full program for a free trial at
    Corel's Web site.

    Marvin, Mar 26, 2007
  15. marktaylor196

    John Turco Guest

    ray wrote:

    > On Mon, 26 Mar 2007 01:58:51 +0000, teflon wrote:
    >
    > >> Hi all,
    > >>
    > >> Does anyone know of a program that will improve picture quality?

    > > Photoshop is the industry standard - the the support base is huge. It is the
    > > only one you will seriously need to use. Even an old copy will do.
    > >
    > > I will also suggest that photographers should save time and get the very
    > > best from their cameras in the first place before they "improve" things with
    > > software. I'm not suggesting you don't.

    > No program will do a hell of a lot to improve picture quality unless you
    > know how to use it. IMHO photoshop has a very steep learning curve - most
    > folks seem to find it necessary to take a class or two in order to learn
    > to use it. I think there are other more intuitive programs which, though
    > possibly less comprehensive, will do all you would normally need.

    Hello, Ray:

    Paint Shop Pro is nearly as powerful as Photoshop, but far easier to
    grasp. It's probably the best application of its kind, for most amateur
    photographers, who happen to be snapshooters.

    Cordially,
    John Turco <>

    John Turco, Mar 27, 2007
  16. marktaylor196

    Guest

    On Mar 26, 11:33 pm, John Turco <> wrote:
    > ray wrote:

    > > > Photoshop is the industry standard - the the support base is huge. It is the
    > > > only one you will seriously need to use. Even an old copy will do.

    > > > I will also suggest that photographers should save time and get the very
    > > > best from their cameras in the first place before they "improve" things with
    > > > software. I'm not suggesting you don't.

    > > No program will do a hell of a lot to improve picture quality unless you
    > > know how to use it. IMHO photoshop has a very steep learning curve - most
    > > folks seem to find it necessary to take a class or two in order to learn
    > > to use it. I think there are other more intuitive programs which, though
    > > possibly less comprehensive, will do all you would normally need.

    > Hello, Ray:
    >
    > Paint Shop Pro is nearly as powerful as Photoshop, but far easier to
    > grasp. It's probably the best application of its kind, for most amateur
    > photographers, who happen to be snapshooters.
    >
    > Cordially,
    > John Turco <>

    Try the Gimp, which is free, nearly as complete in features as
    Photoshop. Takes awhile to learn or shoot film, then get much better
    photo quality.

    , Mar 27, 2007
  17. marktaylor196

    John Turco Guest

    "" wrote:

    > On Mar 26, 11:33 pm, John Turco <> wrote:

    <edited, for brevity>

    > > Paint Shop Pro is nearly as powerful as Photoshop, but far easier to
    > > grasp. It's probably the best application of its kind, for most amateur
    > > photographers, who happen to be snapshooters.
    > >
    > > Cordially,
    > > John Turco <>

    > Try the Gimp, which is free, nearly as complete in features as
    > Photoshop. Takes awhile to learn or shoot film, then get much better
    > photo quality.

    Hello,

    Well, I obtained GIMPshop, last September. I only tried it, a couple of
    times, as I found it to be incredibly user-unfriendly!

    Cordially,
    John Turco <>

    John Turco, Mar 29, 2007