    into the initial installation of Windows Vista Home Premium but once
    installed this problem keeps happening.

    Thanks

    dayrun, Jan 15, 2008

  2. That it was working during installation, tells us that the machine (BIOS)
    recognizes the keyboard - but if you have all possible keyboard connections
    open and active the OS may prefer looking for one that isn't even connected.
    That everything freezes, tells me the system is busy, and desperately
    looking for your typings somewhere else.

    Have a look in your motherboard manual for the correct BIOS settings for the
    type of hardware you have and disable anything (everything!) that you don't
    have. Usually, the BIOS defaults should give you a working system, but you
    cannot be sure.

    Try booting into 'Safe Mode', and check your 'Event Viewer' for errors and
    warnings!

    If you have a USB keyboard, you might try and borrow a PS/2 keyboard and see
    how that works.

    Beyond that the options at this moment are too many, if you can give us even
    a rough idea of your system - machine, motherboard, keyboard, is the OS
    64bit? did you update the BIOS? do you have drivers for everything?

    Tony. . .

    Tony Sperling, Jan 15, 2008