    I'm gonna update my windows soon and I wondered if people are having any
    problems with it (minor or major) and also if there is a 'rollback' thats
    allows users to return to SP1?
    *** JB, Aug 27, 2004

  2. *** JB

    Paul - xxx Guest

    *** JB vaguely muttered something like ...
    > I'm gonna update my windows soon and I wondered if people are having any
    > problems with it (minor or major) and also if there is a 'rollback' thats
    > allows users to return to SP1?

    Just read back through the newsgroup ...

    Take an image or ghost of the hard drive first for the best chance of a full
    recovery .. IMHO .. ;)

    --
    Paul ...

    (8(|) ... Homer Rocks

    Paul - xxx, Aug 27, 2004

  3. *** JB

    RAH Guest

    > Take an image or ghost of the hard drive first for the best chance of a

    full
    > recovery .. IMHO .. ;)
    >

    > --

    How could I do that? Is there a way built in to XP (SP1)? Third party
    application? Web page with instructions?

    Thanks,

    RAH

    ---
    RAH, Aug 27, 2004
  4. *** JB

    Paul - xxx Guest

    RAH vaguely muttered something like ...
    >> Take an image or ghost of the hard drive first for the best chance of a
    >> full recovery .. IMHO .. ;)
    >>

    >> --

    > How could I do that? Is there a way built in to XP (SP1)? Third party
    > application? Web page with instructions?

    Personally, I nowadays mostly use an older hard drive as a totally separate
    slave, with an identical image of my large drive as it's first installed so
    it's a totally 'clean' installation when restored.

    Very cheap, as it has already been replaced, and infinitely easy to use if
    the original goes tits up for any reason .. ;)

    I now use a DVD or CD burner and Nero6 for backing up data .. ;)

    --
    Paul ...

    (8(|) ... Homer Rocks

    Paul - xxx, Aug 27, 2004
  5. Paul - xxx, the squabbling, stone-blind, tatty bus conductor, quiescing,
    neanderthal, babbling dick flogger, and toenail clippings cleaner, cackled:

    > Personally, I nowadays mostly

    bluh bluh, you illiterate, jinxed, run-down herdsman.
    Se-khopsh-senwy XIV, Aug 27, 2004
  6. *** JB

    Mellowed Guest

    Yes there is problems. Check here.

    Mellowed, Aug 27, 2004
  7. *** JB

    ICee Guest

    *** JB wrote:
    > I'm gonna update my windows soon and I wondered if people are having
    > any problems with it (minor or major) and also if there is a
    > 'rollback' thats allows users to return to SP1?

    I didn't have any problem. It downloaded, installed and everything
    works fine. It created a restore point, so you should be able to go
    back if you have problems.
    ICee, Aug 27, 2004