    don't care. I just would like to know if it will downgrade it to 266?

    Oh yeah, and what's a good place to get laptop batteries from? Her
    laptop is a Pentim M 1.4Ghz model so its worth getting up to specs.
    Bobs, Aug 19, 2007

  2. Bobs

    Craig Sutton Guest

    "Bobs" <> wrote in message
    news:46c7f161$...
    > My wifes laptop is some obscure lenvovo chinese model and there's no
    > English manual on it that I can find. I've looked at the old memory (the
    > shit arsed laptop only has one memory module slot I might add) and it's
    > 256mb PC 2100 RAM. That's pretty hard to find these days so I was simply
    > thinking of putting in PC2700 (DDR333) 512mb module for an upgrade. I have
    > no idea if this laptop will even run the memory at 333 speed, but I don't
    > care. I just would like to know if it will downgrade it to 266?
    >
    > Oh yeah, and what's a good place to get laptop batteries from? Her laptop
    > is a Pentim M 1.4Ghz model so its worth getting up to specs.

    Should work fine..

    WIFE???????????????? when did this happy event (MIRACLE) take place?
    Craig Sutton, Aug 19, 2007

  3. Bobs

    Fred Dagg Guest

    On Sun, 19 Aug 2007 20:23:17 +1200, "Craig Sutton"
    <> exclaimed:

    >"Bobs" <> wrote in message
    >> My wifes laptop is some obscure lenvovo chinese model and there's no
    >> English manual on it that I can find. I've looked at the old memory (the
    >> shit arsed laptop only has one memory module slot I might add) and it's
    >> 256mb PC 2100 RAM. That's pretty hard to find these days so I was simply
    >> thinking of putting in PC2700 (DDR333) 512mb module for an upgrade. I have
    >> no idea if this laptop will even run the memory at 333 speed, but I don't
    >> care. I just would like to know if it will downgrade it to 266?
    >>
    >> Oh yeah, and what's a good place to get laptop batteries from? Her laptop
    >> is a Pentim M 1.4Ghz model so its worth getting up to specs.

    >Should work fine..
    >
    >WIFE???????????????? when did this happy event (MIRACLE) take place?

    He's been married to a chink for a while now.
    Fred Dagg, Aug 19, 2007
  4. Bobs

    Old Wolf Guest

    On Aug 19, 7:23 pm, Bobs <> wrote:

    Nice email address...

    > My wifes laptop is some obscure lenvovo chinese model and there's no
    > English manual on it that I can find. I've looked at the old memory (the
    > shit arsed laptop only has one memory module slot I might add) and it's
    > 256mb PC 2100 RAM. That's pretty hard to find these days so I was simply
    > thinking of putting in PC2700 (DDR333) 512mb module for an upgrade. I
    > have no idea if this laptop will even run the memory at 333 speed, but I
    > don't care. I just would like to know if it will downgrade it to 266?

    Can't say for sure, but usually it will be OK. You might
    have problems if you try and have two of different speeds
    installed both at once, though.
    Old Wolf, Aug 19, 2007
  5. Bobs

    Tilly Guest

    Craig Sutton wrote:
    || "Bobs" <> wrote in message
    ||| My wifes laptop is some obscure lenvovo chinese model and there's no
    ||| English manual on it that I can find. I've looked at the old memory
    ||| (the shit arsed laptop only has one memory module slot I might add)
    ||| and it's 256mb PC 2100 RAM. That's pretty hard to find these days
    ||| so I was simply thinking of putting in PC2700 (DDR333) 512mb module
    ||| for an upgrade. I have no idea if this laptop will even run the
    ||| memory at 333 speed, but I don't care. I just would like to know if
    ||| it will downgrade it to 266?
    ||| Oh yeah, and what's a good place to get laptop batteries from? Her
    ||| laptop is a Pentim M 1.4Ghz model so its worth getting up to specs.
    || Should work fine..
    || WIFE???????????????? when did this happy event (MIRACLE) take place?

    It must be almost a year since Bobs got married.
    Good on him , he seems happy!
    Tilly, Aug 20, 2007
  6. Re: Any problems using DDR333 notebook memory for a laptop that hadDDR266?

    Craig Sutton wrote:

    > "Bobs" <> wrote in message
    >> My wifes laptop is some obscure lenvovo chinese model and there's no
    >> English manual on it that I can find. I've looked at the old memory
    >> (the shit arsed laptop only has one memory module slot I might add)
    >> and it's 256mb PC 2100 RAM. That's pretty hard to find these days so I
    >> was simply thinking of putting in PC2700 (DDR333) 512mb module for an
    >> upgrade. I have no idea if this laptop will even run the memory at 333
    >> speed, but I don't care. I just would like to know if it will
    >> downgrade it to 266?
    >>
    >> Oh yeah, and what's a good place to get laptop batteries from? Her
    >> laptop is a Pentim M 1.4Ghz model so its worth getting up to specs.

    > Should work fine..
    >
    > WIFE???????????????? when did this happy event (MIRACLE) take place?

    do you really, really want details?

    ssh maybe he hasn't read the question and we can forget this ever was said.
    Found A Peanut, Aug 20, 2007
  7. Bobs

    SteveM Guest

    Bobs <> wrote in news:46c7f161$1
    @news.orcon.net.nz:

    > My wifes laptop is some obscure lenvovo chinese model and there's no
    > English manual on it that I can find. I've looked at the old memory (the
    > shit arsed laptop only has one memory module slot I might add) and it's
    > 256mb PC 2100 RAM. That's pretty hard to find these days so I was simply
    > thinking of putting in PC2700 (DDR333) 512mb module for an upgrade. I
    > have no idea if this laptop will even run the memory at 333 speed, but I
    > don't care. I just would like to know if it will downgrade it to 266?
    >
    > Oh yeah, and what's a good place to get laptop batteries from? Her
    > laptop is a Pentim M 1.4Ghz model so its worth getting up to specs.

    It should have two slots, usually one under the keyboard and one accessable
    from the bottom of the machine.

    SteveM
    SteveM, Aug 20, 2007