Any practice test suggestions for the A-plus O/S exam?

Discussion in 'A+ Certification' started by Dave, May 2, 2005.

  1. Dave

    Dave Guest

    This is my first post to this newsgroup so let me give a big HELLO to y'all.

    I passed the hardware exam some time ago. I started with Mike Meyer's
    excellent book. Along with the few practice exams that come with it, I
    purchased eight extra and a pair of test vouchers. I found the book better
    than the practice exams so in addition I purchased a set of questions from
    exactquestions.com. They stood me in very good stead and I had no trouble
    passing the hardware part.

    BTW, I found the PDF containing the raw questions more useful than the test
    engine they sell. Although I did have to 'dot' out all the answers because
    they follow each question and, obviously, I didn't want to see the answers
    before finishing each test. A necessary hassle, I suppose.

    So now that I'm getting ready to take the software part, I purchased a set
    of 500 questions from exactquestions.com. However, I suspect they're fairly
    out of date. For instance, I did a search for XP and came up with two hits.
    Out of 500 questions. A search for WIN-95, however, yielded 32 hits. What's
    wrong with this picture? Also I searched for the following terms: 802.11,
    wireless, WEP, WPA, SSID. All yielded zilch.

    Has anyone had a similar experience and/or can anyone recommend some good
    practice exams? I prefer hardcopy rather than test engine as it gives me
    more control of the testing. Also a BSOD 55 minutes into the exam (which HAS
    happened to me) won't set me back to square zero.

    I appreciate any comments you may have.

    Best regards,

    Dave March

    Dave, May 2, 2005

  2. testking the best one :) b
    bye

    marco

    ItalianPcSpeck, May 2, 2005

  3. Dave

    Guest

    TestKing and Exam Cram are good. Don't purchase just download off P2P.

    , May 3, 2005
  4. Dave

    Guest

    Hi,

    You can try the ucertify practice questions. I think they are great.

    , May 6, 2005