    Anonymous Guest

    Anyone know a command line switch (if it exists) to open Outlook to calender
    view on startup?. TIA.

    Anonymous, Feb 16, 2004

  2. Anonymous

    Anonymous Guest

    That would be the office 97 version.....

    Anonymous, Feb 16, 2004

  3. Anonymous

    Spider Guest

    Anonymous wrote:
    > Anyone know a command line switch (if it exists) to open Outlook to calender
    > view on startup?. TIA.

    You don't mention the version of Outlook. This should work on the newer
    versions: Outlook.exe /select outlook:calendar. You might want to try a
    fairly simple method. Open Outlook normally. Right click on the
    calendar and choose "Open in new window". Size the window as you prefer
    and if you want it to open minimized, then minimize it now. Now in your
    original Outlook click File / exit. It should close both your windows.
    Now open Outlook again. You should get both windows automatically.
    Outlook will remember what windows you had open when exiting the first
    opened window, and re-open them automatically.

    --

    Spider
    http://web.tampabay.rr.com/spider1

    Spider, Feb 16, 2004
  4. Anonymous

    Spider Guest

    Anonymous wrote:

    > That would be the office 97 version.....
    >
    > Anonymous wrote:
    >
    >>Anyone know a command line switch (if it exists) to open Outlook to
    >>calender view on startup?. TIA.

    I didn't see this until much later, but now that I know the version, my
    main comment would be to dump it and upgrade asap. This version is no
    longer supported by Microsoft and is not being kept up with in terms of
    security updates. IMHO it is very dangerous to continue using this
    version. Go to at least Outlook 2000 but since 2003 is the most current
    version that is the one you should go to.

    Spider, Feb 16, 2004