    Quicktime does but I really hate that software - does anyone know of any
    other program that is compatible with *.mov movie files.

    TIA

    *** HAWK, Nov 16, 2003

  2. *** HAWK

    chuckie® Guest

    Supposedly Irfanview will, although, I haven't tried it. Free download, check Google for URL...

    chuckie®, Nov 16, 2003

  3. *** HAWK

    °Mike° Guest

    There are players that will play .mov files, but I believe
    that you still have to have QuickTime installed.

    On Sun, 16 Nov 2003 17:12:37 -0000, in
    <3fb7aff2$0$22606$>
    *** HAWK scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Nov 16, 2003
  4. *** HAWK

    Paul - xxx Guest

    Irfanview can do, but it needs QT to be installed too, along with other
    codecs which it will point you to.

    chuckie® tried to scribble ...

    --
    Digweed
    .... ;)

    Paul - xxx, Nov 16, 2003
  5. *** HAWK

    *** HAWK Guest

    Ok. Cheers for info guys. looks like I'll install Quicktime - i hate it cos
    it always seems to give me some problem and I can never seem to uninstall it
    for some reason.

    Thanks again

    *** HAWK, Nov 16, 2003
  6. *** HAWK

    °Mike° Guest

    I've had trouble with it, too, and I won't install it on
    my system. It's more invasive than Real Player, IMO.

    On Sun, 16 Nov 2003 18:14:01 -0000, in
    <3fb7be69$0$462$>
    *** HAWK scrawled:

    °Mike°, Nov 16, 2003
  7. *** HAWK

    *** HAWK Guest

    I agree - but I need to play some *.mov
    Is there any good video converters that will convert *.mov files to maybe
    *.avi or *.mpeg?

    Just an idea.. i really don't want to use quicktime unless its essential.

    *** HAWK, Nov 16, 2003
  8. *** HAWK

    °Mike° Guest

    None that I know of - it's a proprietary format.

    On Sun, 16 Nov 2003 21:46:33 -0000, in
    <3fb7f039$0$458$>
    *** HAWK scrawled:

    >I agree - but I need to play some *.mov
    >Is there any good video converters that will convert *.mov files
    >to maybe *.avi or *.mpeg?
    >
    >Just an idea.. i really don't want to use quicktime unless its essential.
    >"°Mike°" <> wrote in message
    >> I've had trouble with it, too, and I won't install it on
    >> my system. It's more invasive than Real Player, IMO.

    <snip>

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Nov 16, 2003
  9. *** HAWK

    Zknb Guest

    How about this?

    QuickTime Alternative 1.22
    Play QuickTime (.mov .qt) files without the need of QuickTime player

    Also you might want this...

    Real Alternative 1.11
    Play Real Media files without RealPlayer

    Zknb, Nov 16, 2003
  10. *** HAWK

    *** HAWK Guest

    ok cheers for the advice mike..
    looks like i gotta bite the bullet and install quicktime :-(

    *** HAWK, Nov 16, 2003
  11. *** HAWK

    °Mike° Guest

    Sorry about the last remark, but it seems there is
    one (thanks to 'Zknb').

    QuickTime Alternative
    http://home.hccnet.nl/h.edskes/finalbuilds.htm

    On Sun, 16 Nov 2003 22:10:18 -0000, in
    <3fb7f5c9$0$468$>
    *** HAWK scrawled:

    °Mike°, Nov 16, 2003
  12. *** HAWK

    *** HAWK Guest

    THANKS!!
    It works a treat - looks just like the Windows Classic Media Player too -
    always a bonus :)

    Thanks again guys

    *** HAWK, Nov 16, 2003
  13. *** HAWK

    °Mike° Guest

    You're welcome.

    On Sun, 16 Nov 2003 23:13:29 -0000, in
    <3fb80497$0$22607$>
    *** HAWK scrawled:

    °Mike°, Nov 16, 2003
  14. *** HAWK

    Viewasku1977 Guest

    >Also you might want this...
    >
    >Real Alternative 1.11
    >Play Real Media files without RealPlayer

    I asked this a while ago but didnt get a reply. Do you have a favorite place to
    download the most recent versions of freeware like this? Always have to go do
    an internet search for this stuff and would be nice to have a good standby.
    __
    Also a word of advice for anyone trying those--get rid of your old versions
    first. They seem to conflict (from experience) even when they're not both
    running.

    Viewasku1977, Nov 17, 2003
  15. *** HAWK

    Patrick Guest

    "Viewasku1977" <> wrote in message
    > >Also you might want this...
    > >
    > >Real Alternative 1.11
    > >Play Real Media files without RealPlayer
    > >

    > I asked this a while ago but didnt get a reply. Do you have a favorite

    place to
    > download the most recent versions of freeware like this? Always have to go

    do
    > an internet search for this stuff and would be nice to have a good

    standby.

    Heres a site (not known by me) that has at least two of the things you want
    (real-alternative 1.11 & quicktime-alternative 1.22) #20

    Short link first;
    http://makeashorterlink.com/?I2D023F86

    Long link second (sure you see why);
    http://216.239.59.104/search?q=cach...al Alternative 1.11&hl=en&lr=lang_en&ie=UTF-8

    Patrick, Nov 17, 2003
  16. *** HAWK

    St Bernard Guest

    <> wrote:

    >Are they any other media players that can play *.mov files - I know Apple's
    >Quicktime does but I really hate that software - does anyone know of any
    >other program that is compatible with *.mov movie files.
    >
    >TIA

    Slightly O.T. but some useful CODECS and Alternative players in one
    package:

    http://www.megacodecpack.com/

    and

    http://download.pods.lv/DivX/ACEMCP593PRO.EXE