    point-and-shoot pictures.

    Thank you for any input.

    Jerry

    Jerry, Dec 5, 2003

  2. Jerry

    Guest Guest

    "Jerry" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Does anybody have an experience with Fuji FinePix A210? What is your

    opinion
    > about this camera? A very good site www.imaging-resource.com doesn't have

    info
    > about A210. I consider either Fuji A210 or Canon 560 for amateur
    > point-and-shoot pictures.
    >
    > Thank you for any input.
    >
    > Jerry

    quick skim of
    http://www.dcresource.com/reviews/fuji/finepix_a210-review/index.shtml

    suggests a210 has good pic quality, and would make good budget p&s for the
    "relaxed" user (it's not fast), except that the af is better on a70. and I
    believe af is the main feature of p&s concept.

    according to my memory of this and other online reviews, the a70 costs more
    and is a little better in almost every way.

    Guest, Dec 6, 2003

  3. Jerry

    Tam Guest

    On 5 Dec 2003 07:58:52 -0800, (Jerry) wrote:

    >Does anybody have an experience with Fuji FinePix A210? What is your opinion
    >about this camera? A very good site www.imaging-resource.com doesn't have info
    >about A210. I consider either Fuji A210 or Canon 560 for amateur
    >point-and-shoot pictures.
    >
    >Thank you for any input.
    >
    >Jerry

    A good friend of mine got one as a b-day gift from his wife a few
    weeks ago. I took some pictures with it the other day and found it
    adequate for most situations. Good overall pics, but not much you can
    do with the controls manually.

    Also, it seemed to have a hard time locking focus in typical indoor
    settings. A lot of the pictures it took indoors came out a bit
    blurry, so apparently the autofocus couldn't figure out the
    edges/contrast in dim light. Not a deal killer since it was okay for
    most pics.

    However, I've had a Canon A70 for six months. Hands down, that's the
    MUCH BETTER camera. I will say straight out that the autofocus assist
    lamp makes all the difference in the world when comparing these two
    cameras. Also, I have much more options with control - practically
    everything can be set manually if I wanted to.

    My advice (which I wish I could have given to my friend's wife before
    she bought him the A210): Spend the extra $75 or so and get an A70.

    That's my input.

    Tam

    Tam, Dec 6, 2003