Any OneTel Broadband users using X-Lite softphone?

Discussion in 'UK VOIP' started by techpro, Dec 22, 2005.

  1. techpro

    techpro Guest

    Hi.

    I'm using OneTel Broadband via an SMC Barricade 7404BRA, I have signed
    up to voipuser.org and am using X-Lite version 1105c, which has support
    for the VoIP CyberPhone handset, Software and handset work nicely, and
    I can receive incoming calls to the 0844 number allocated to me by
    voipuser.org. But when I try to make outgoing calls it just says
    Connecting... for about 10 seconds, and then reports "804 Timeout".

    I'm technically savvy, but I have spent hours trying everything I can
    think of, including putting my computer in a DMZ and disabling the
    Windows firewall, and the software still reports "Discovered Blocked
    Firewall." This leads me to the conclusion that something in OneTel's
    network is screwing it up. However, I don't have any way to bypass
    their network to see if that is the case.

    So, is anyone using X-Lite over OneTel Broadband. Alternatively, does
    anyone know the solution to this problem? Googling on "X-LIte" and "804
    Timeout" turns up a lot of pages, and I don't claim to have read all of
    them, but nothing I have seen so far has been any help.

    I have tried other SIP VOIP clients, but they all only partly work.
    Voipcheap is the only one that works completely, but having bought the
    Cyberphone handset I'd really like to use something that works with
    that.
    --
    Julian
    techpro, Dec 22, 2005